Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Perkel

1. Perkel

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Watch that presentation i posted. It is pretty logical and actually fun to watch.
  2. Perkel

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Why i mean was the sphere around the player not what you as player can see. Same way in Witcher 3 npcs behind you where camera don't see don't have animations they are just all tposing, you can see that with some poor FOV mods where they adjust camera fov but forget about "animation fov". There...
  3. Perkel

No the culling you talk about is mostly about lod management. In most games npcs don't exist outside of your view. They don't do stuff at all. There are some games that simulate behavior but that is represented by statistics not as in simulating what certain npc does at the moment. So like in...
  4. Perkel

One doesn't exclude the other. If you have 10 000 players you can have 100 000 npcs and you will still have the same ratio. They will be using effectively the same system X4 uses for npc simulation. So outside of visible range they become simulated much like in X4 and when player crosses their...
  5. Perkel

From my understanding it is more like single player driven focused game with multiplayer attached to it. It is completely different from something like EVE online or other MMOs where players drive everything. CIG always said and i don't think they changed recently that they want 90/10 split. 90%...
  6. Perkel

ED had micro since like 1st expansion. Going by obviously low player numbers they probably want to milk as much as they can while game is still alive for few years until they will shut it down.
  7. Perkel

I think the main point is that CIG tries to do something no other game tries to do which in turn gets them fans who are really into their game as there is nothing like it. It's effectively blue ocean vs red ocean from marketing. Red ocean is full of competition where you need to release...
  8. Perkel

it's 21 of april. 3.23 is supposed to go out in may along with "ship sale" and free flight week. From what i read it is in atrocious state.
  9. Perkel

Vintage Story - Minecraft clone but focused on survival.

It is easily one of the best games to chill out rn along side stardew.
  10. Perkel

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

First videos of people using it are showing up. Yes this is legit proper devkit ala Skyrim one. You can actually edit terrain, animations etc. without fucking around with scripting and community mod tools. Too bad like I said that Witcher 3 isn't really a game that needs extensive modding. I...
  11. Perkel

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

Can i expect from Obsidian for Avowed to be Skyrim/The Witcher 3 size ? To include 100s of spells ? 20 weapon types with 100s of weapons to pick ? 100 monster types ? 1000 npcs with their own day schedule ? Any avenue where they can say. Yep we are the best !? You know what ? Let's forget...
  12. Perkel

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

No. Everything i have seen so far looks like B tier game that is placed in place which specifically has barely any npcs to talk with. Now that wouldn't be a bad thing if Obsidian could make good real time gameplay but what they have shown so far looks like C tier action combat. IMHO Obsidian...
  13. Perkel

Dwarf Fortress now on Steam with a graphical overhaul

minus the bugs. They said already that after finishing UI they will go back to developement. Frankly imho after UI they should finally do proper balance run for whole game and polish features that were there already first. Skins still giving you 1 leather regardless of creature size anyone ?
  14. Perkel

Dwarf Fortress now on Steam with a graphical overhaul

heck yeah. i guess i have to undig my mods for adventure mode where i added building constructions, digging, mining etc. and adapt it to new version. It is kind of amazing what you can do with simple text editor with how DF scripts are written. I remember creating party, building a tavern for...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom