Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by MF

1. MF

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Chad Moore, mostly. Mortimer exists, he writes pen and paper modules and was contracted to do some dialogue for Arcanum.
  2. MF

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

Good stuff. I'll join in. Top RPGS Fallout Betrayal at Krondor Arcanum Underrail (since Expedition) Jagged Alliance 2 Star Control 2 Dark Sun Geneforge 2 Age of Decadence NEO Scavenger Hidden Gems Prelude to Darkness Albion Bloodstone: An Epic Dwarven Tale (MC prequel) The Crescent Hawk's...
  3. MF

Titan Outpost Release Thread

Thanks. Status of TJS is slow and steady. It's about 80% complete systems-wise and under 50% in terms of content. The combat alpha for TJS made me realize that my plan of being able to initiate combat almost everywhere requires tools for generating environmental combat data or I'll never get it...
  4. MF

Bug Reports

Hmm. Yeah. The audio spatiality isn't there in Tuxing Liu because the camera there is truly isometric and doesn't have space or distance. The footsteps front and center are indeed annoying. Footsteps are another way to convey what surface you're on for outside conductance heat transfer and it...
  5. MF

Bug Reports

Yes. Was a Fiverr gig though, didn't lose much on that one. Mostly wasted time investment. I fixed the sporocarb remaining on the Rover after you give it, I'm sure. Probably missed one branch where it doesn't get triggered. I'll go over them. Fake Alien probably started floating again after I...
  6. MF

Bug Reports

I ran my build scripts overnight, almost done. I'll push this one and do a minor update later. Unless you have something huge, then I'll hold off. I don't like pushing multiple >100mb updates in short order. Adanech, the Chinese doctor. Actor I got for that back then never sent the files and...
  7. MF

Titan Outpost Release Thread

I'm biased, but of course you should play it! It has gotten plenty of updates since you tried it. It's still a little janky but it definitely doesn't 'run like shit'. Smooth performance unless you run ultra settings on a potato. You once called TO a 'clever game but not an RPG because no...
  8. MF

Bug Reports

Yeah like I said, balancing in single player games isn't as important as fun, but if something trivializes a challenge altogether it's still an issue. Finally fixed and improved everything you mentioned. I tied everything together with Ling. Also instead of a transition screen I spent a whole...
  9. MF

Bug Reports

It's a difficulty 10 item, so that results from the formula. I'll nerf it regardless, you're right that it's exploitable. I have ladder animations for the radio tower and the ladder that used to be usable in the hangar but it was slow and annoying. I'll see if I can put them back in and speed...
  10. MF

Bug Reports

Yeah you're right, I fixed it.
  11. MF

Bug Reports

I really appreciate it, though. Even though it seems like nitpicking at times, it's exactly the kind of feedback I need for a level of polish that is impossible to achieve in a sprawling non-linear game like this without a massive QA budget (and even then). Even years after release. It's...
  12. MF

Bug Reports

Settings > gameplay > show skill thresholds. Disable it to make the checks always hidden. If it's enabled you can see checks. Not all, but those that heavily gate content.
  13. MF

Bug Reports

That's not a bug, that displays Watt Thermal as opposed to electrically converted watts. It's explained when you hover over the thermometer icon. Busy fixing the rest. :)
  14. MF

Bug Reports

Fixed.
  15. MF

Bug Reports

Caffeine drinks have short inverse fatigue buff as well as an awareness buff. You'll find that physicality is also raised temporarily. Those modifiers aren't explained in the character screen because they're gone as soon as you build up a little fatigue. It probably should, though. Coffee...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom