Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by LibertyRansom

1. LibertyRansom

Incline Temple of Elemental Evil

Min./Maxing optimal builds is fine, but its not really necessary to win and takes a bit of the challenge out of the resulting tactical combat. If you want a fun challenge that stretches your tactical mind, and gives a sense of gravity/reality to your decisions, play Iron Man, confine yourself...
  2. LibertyRansom

Horizon's Gate - open world seafaring tactical RPG from Voidspire Tactics dev

Reviving this thread. Saw Horizon gate has been continually getting updates and more content since it's release. Looks like it's tracking great reviews. Can anyone comment on how it plays now?
  3. LibertyRansom

XenForo Tips & Tricks

New format is terrible for mobile. Top bar w/ web address and my notifications takes up 1/4 of screen, even when scrolled down (it should only exist when scrolled to the top of the page). Additionally, looks like we have some new ads on the bottom 1/4 of the screen that won't go away even if...
  4. LibertyRansom

Incline D&D games really should all come with module editors like NWN

Yea, would be great if ToEE, Kingmaker, and PoE had easy to use campaign makers. The less captivating parts of those games were the stories/characters. Unlike some here, I do think ease of use in a campaign creator is key. There are many creators with good thematic story telling ability...
  5. LibertyRansom

Mobile Android cRPG and/or Tacticool Recommendations

Yea, slim pickings. I read a thread a few years old, and it basically recommended emulated JRPGs. Looking into Persona 3 portable at the moment... Also, already played the shadow run games.
  6. LibertyRansom

Mobile Android cRPG and/or Tacticool Recommendations

Busy life. 2 kids under 2. Only an hour here and there for gaming, and generally only on an Android phone. I enjoyed emulating Tactics Ogre Lets us Cling Together (One Vision Mod) on my phone. Examples of non-mobile games I like: Can I receive recommendations for mobile games? Should...
  7. LibertyRansom

Best Newish Tacticool Games

Good mentions here. Trials of Fire wasn't mentioned. Very good card based party based tactics.
  8. LibertyRansom

KickStarter Memoirs of a Battle Brothel - a NSFW Cyberpunk RPG

All good. Contact info in my sig is still accurate.
  9. LibertyRansom

KickStarter Memoirs of a Battle Brothel - a NSFW Cyberpunk RPG

Neat project. I'd be happy to donate some music for free if you are looking for some additional tracks for Memoirs of a Battle Brothel? I've written music that's been in the Showtime show Shameless, and in a number of different video games (including #KILLALLZOMBIES, Super Toy Cars, KotC 2...
  10. LibertyRansom

KickStarter Telepath Tactics Liberated - deterministic tactical RPG inspired by Fire Emblem

Craig, any chance those of us that bought it on GOG will be receiving a free upgrade to Liberation?
  11. LibertyRansom

Game News Telepath Tactics Liberated Released

I bought Telepath Tactics on GOG a few years ago. I saw some postings that the Dev intended to allow a free upgrade to Telepath Tactics Liberated. How does that work?
  12. LibertyRansom

Deadfire - advice and is it worth it?

Vampire: Masquerade Bloodlines and Star Control 2. They had consistent and interesting worlds. You want to discover more as you play. Characters and development of plot are also superb. Look, I liked PoE I, despite the fact that the world and story was meh and the dialogue was boring lore...
  13. LibertyRansom

Deadfire - advice and is it worth it?

Hello all, now that it's been about two years I can finally update you. It was, indeed, not worth it. I gave it about ten hours. One main, and perhaps autistic gripe, is spells/abilities refresh after combat so you can just spam your best abilities/spells etc, leaving no resource management...
  14. LibertyRansom

Your top 10 RPGs EXCEPT top 20 Codex titles

1. Star Control 2 2. FF Tactics/Ogre Tactics Cling Together (w/ mods) 3. Eador Genesis (w/ New Horizons Mod) 4. Temple of Elemental Evil 5. Neverwinter Nights 1 (Swordflight Module is best) 6. Shadowrun Dragonfall 7. Chrono Trigger 8. Pillars of Eternity 1 9. TOME4 10. Battle Brothers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom