Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Jabber

1. Space Rangers: A War Apart (SR2 HD Remaster)

Playing this again after playing the original ~10 years ago. I kind of like some of the changes but the game feels like... SR2 with 50 mods installed that weren't really that well thought out. I guess the pirate faction is OK? It feels shoehorned in and the balancing is a little weird. Its odd...
  2. Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

I don't think SCS *integrates* with the vanilla difficulty slider so much as replaces it. That is, if your question was to what extent playing v32 SCS on insane will increase enemy spawns vs. v30 with similar options, I don't think it's connected in any way to the increased enemy spawns in...
  3. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Yeah. I was looking for a bro that had high accuracy and fatigue, and ideally decent health so he could go nimble and get even more fatigue. The drunk trait was a nice additional benefit. The nice thing about using puncture is it makes a lot of perks that are normally "must have" irrelevant, and...
  4. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

It's an obscure item that gives -10 resolve to adjacent enemies at the price of the brother not being able to become confident. You can get it from an event that occurs during a delivery quest.
  5. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

I finally got a daggerman to work: I finally figured out what they are good at, which is murdering orc warriors. The chassis here could be better, with higher accuracy, defense and hp. But I'm pretty happy with the perk loadout. Ideally he would get a famed dagger and the crystal skull later...
  6. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

So one thing I'm noticing is that lancers are a lot stronger with the DLC. I have a drunk warscyth guy with a bit shy of 90 accuracy at level 11 and he has spent basically the entire game as an absolute murderer. Polearm mastery granting a free move each turn (two moves if you don't berserk)...
  7. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Throwers should have bows. That solves a lot of their "shortcomings". They have quick hands + B&B, so it only takes like one of 5 weapon slots they have. The perk overlap with a standard bow archer is basically the same. Just give up bullseye, bow mastery, and [two other perks] to pick up...
  8. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Lost my second e/e/i run to a nighttime noble ambush in the forest with 28 troops, zweihanders, at least one knight, the works. My fault for being careless but ouch. Day 120. Other than a small handful of deaths here and there, the only big disasters were an early fight against 6 necros +...
  9. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Lurkers Schrat are really, really dangerous Somehow managed to flee with only three mid-tier casualties. Once of my best bro's got a broken leg AND dislocated shoulder so he could only move one hex a turn. Somehow made it out... Yeah, the wage changes make the highest cost backgrounds kind of...
  10. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

I'm pretty sure three headed flail damage is total for all three heads, not the damage per head. If it isn't then say something...
  11. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

I hated them at the start and thought they were bad design but they've grown on me. And it's true that the general lack of tactical positioning is a weak spot in the game which alps do address. I don't love their running / kiting mechanics. There should be a way to make them difficult to get...
  12. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

exp/exp/iron day 81, only 2 deaths. The band prepares to enter a necrosavant lair. Fuckkk Plus a collapsed lung, maimed foot, and a traumatized. 12 men enter, 4 men leave standing...
  13. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Just spearwalled like 30+ spiders to death. It was glorious. Fuck those guys. Edit: fought the band's first witches. Fuck that. 1 dead from a hex.
  14. Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

So what do people think is the new late game uber melee bro meta? Pre-dlc it was basically the heavy-armor inspector gadget build with quick hands / bags and belts built with a 2-h sword, 2-h hammer, bill (or similar) and shield. Bags and belts doesn't remove fatigue from 2-h and shields now...
  15. Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Fwiw, wiz 6 is not that difficult to do without any party wipes / reloads and you may appreciate it more that way... You'll at least be feeling the danger more...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom