Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Crichton

1. Crichton

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

WTF; this is just like last time! You want to play a Paladin, but you cripple your character to dump points into dexterity which: - Does nothing for disengagement attacks (neither does dual-wielding, you fruit; they're primary attacks) - Does nothing for Flames of Devotion (you still only get...
  2. Crichton

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

I liked Deadfire better than Pillars 1 because I'm just not that high on RTwP, but tried another theme party not too long ago, 5-Pointed-Star, 5 Priests of Eothas (generally two with missile weapons, two with sword+board and two with reach weapons) + Eder My initial thought was that this would...
  3. Crichton

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

I saw that they patched in the ability to create your own party, including a party of dwarves. You know what that means. I've played through the prologue and first proper chapter with: Dugmaren (Fighter/Cleric, staff) Helgenhar (Pregen, Fighter, Axe) Berronar (Cleric, Hammer) Moradin...
  4. Crichton

Baldur's Gate Larian is moving away from D&D, no BG3 DLC or BG4

I'm not a Forgotten Realms fan, so I like the idea of a different direction, but I'm concerned about another original Larian ruleset/itemization. I hope they either find a table-top game with a more manageable license or get some help in systems design. Tim Cain seems to be at loose ends these...
  5. Crichton

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

He's got you.
  6. Crichton

I liked Orrin and I liked the portrayal of Kethric (the back-story is awful though), but it's hard to even enjoy killing the voiceover dude from Bake-Off / The Great British Baking Show:
  7. Crichton

I can't think of a single RPG that depicts sex in a healthy way.

I don't need gay elven pregen companions, I don't need gay elf sex. Just let me create my own party of dwarves.
  8. Crichton

Fallout New Vegas DLC thread

I really loved Dead Money; for me, it easily it beats out any questline/area from the main game. I like having to pay attention to one's surroundings, I like the writing for the companions and I like the old school western double-cross / heist set-up. With all that said, there are problems with...
  9. Crichton

As a public service, I loaded up a save from my Gale origin playthrough and checked the ending changes, which are a bit of a mixed bag: TDLR:
  10. Crichton

I don't think that the term "Netherbrain" is any dumber than the rest of Forgotten Realms (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Raggamoffyn). What is stupid is the fagperor using it like it's an established part of the game world and not something he just made up. "Netherbrain"
  11. Crichton

I just finished a 2nd playthrough and it was once again an interesting experience; 1st playthrough Gale Origin (respecced to Swords Bard) Only used Shadowheart, Laezel and Karlach (Paladin) Karthillid ending 2nd playthrough Dark Urge Origin (Dark Elf Cleric of Selune [Light]) Recruited all...
  12. Crichton

I don't know if something changed in a patch, but I told him to fuck off in my first playthrough and never saw him again. What was surprising to me is that I was able to complete the quest to rescue his father and he never showed up or got mentioned. 99% of game devs would either make him...
  13. Crichton

I think a lot of this discussion about C&C misses the point because it isn't about how many differently colored ending slide explosions a game has, it's about how you play the game. When people play first-person shooting games, a lot of the time the first thing they try to do is shoot the...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom