Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Beamdog announce Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, with Chris Avellone onboard
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 10 July 2015, 09:59:34Tags: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear; Beamdog; Cameron Tofer; Chris Avellone; Phillip Daigle; Trent Oster
Last night, at the conclusion of a 12 day countdown on their BaldursGate.com portal, the Edition Enhancers at Beamdog officially revealed the identity of the "Adventure Y" Baldur's Gate interquel they teased back in January, in an announcement event that aired live on Twitch. Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (whose title won't be a surprise if you've been paying attention) will be a Throne of Bhaal-style expansion pack for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Here's the expansion's announcement trailer, and overview of its features from the official website:
The closer you get to the Shining Lady, the more you realize your father, the dead Lord of Murder still casts a long shadow upon your path. Baldur's Gate has put its faith in you, but you must determine whose interests you truly serve before you face the Shining Lady among the ruins of Dragonspear Castle...
Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear adds a new chapter to the Bhaalspawn saga. The events occurring between Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II are at last revealed in this 25-hour expansion pack for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
- Expand Your Story: Explore new areas, fight new monsters, and win new rewards in the Siege of Dragonspear expansion toBaldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition. Continue the adventure by exporting your game to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- The Crusade Rises: A sharp and subtle adventure that pits you against an enigmatic new foe
- Explore the Sword Coast: Venture through vibrant new hand-painted areas in the classic style of the original Baldur’s Gate
- Gather Your Party: The original cast returns to kick butt for goodness - along with Neera, Rasaad, Dorn, and four new additions!
- To Infinity and Beyond: Updated UI and improved Infinity Engine features
- Extra Class: New items, quests, and a new class: the spirit-calling shaman!
- Venture Forth With A Friend: Functional, extensively tested cross-platform multiplayer on all supported platforms
- Story Mode: A difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
Seriously though, Baldur's Gate getting a new expansion pack over 16 years since the first one. Pretty crazy. It'll be interesting to see what Beamdog's team of hired modders can come up with, with all the experience and capabilities they've built up over all these years of Infinity Engine modding. If nothing else, it'll keep Obsidian on their toes. Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear doesn't have a release date yet, but you should be able to sign up to become a beta tester over at Beamdog's forums.