Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
First-person Turn-based Sci-fi RPG StarCrawlers Now on Kickstarter
Information - posted by Crooked Bee on Tue 11 February 2014, 21:00:03Tags: Juggernaut Games; StarCrawlers
StarCrawlers is basically a first person party-based roguelike in space, and it seeks your support on Kickstarter. The funding goal is $65,000.
Lead a crew of freelance adventurers & navigate corporate intrigue on the fringes of space in a classic sci-fi dungeon crawl.
In StarCrawlers, you’ll lead a crew of Crawlers, each with their own unique skills and abilities. Together you’ll take on jobs to explore abandoned spacecraft, battle mighty enemies, and unravel corporate intrigue. Some key features of StarCrawlers:
- Classic first person dungeon crawling in a detailed sci-fi universe
- Narrative AI procedurally generates missions and dungeons with randomized encounters, traps, and enemies
- Strategic RPG style combat featuring a time unit action system
- An atmospheric soundtrack by Ben Prunty
- Class ability customization and modification
- Randomly generated and upgradeable loot
- PC, Mac, and Linux support
Randomized environments doesn't just mean slapping rooms together! The Narrative AI in StarCrawlers builds procedurally generated levels based on the story of the mission you're running. Whether on a rescue job in a pirate hulk or extracting data from a corp security station, your dungeon will be custom built to match. Lower the difficulty level for a casual dungeon dive or crank it to 11 and face fiendish traps, complex dungeons, and the toughest enemies.
This is pretty cool. I've always wanted someone to do a first-person party-based roguelike, and the sci-fi setting doesn't hurt either. $13 gets you an "early bird" digital copy of the game. Check out other rewards on the Kickstarter page, and you can also upvote the game on Steam Greenlight.