Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Might & Magic X Update: Second official patch released, modding kit now available
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Thu 14 November 2013, 18:09:21Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft
The Early Access version of Might & Magic X Legacy has gotten its second official patch. As promised earlier, the highlight of this patch is the game's Modding Kit, which is available for anyone to use freely...as long as they have a copy of Unity Pro, which costs $1500. Uh, well, here's the official announcement from the game's open development blog:
Before we talk about all the exciting things we have in store, we wanted to thank you all for the numerous messages posted on the Open dev blog and forums. MMX would certainly not look so gorgeous today without you.
Let's talk about the Modding Kit release first! We really wanted to get this powerful kit into your hands as soon as possible, so that you can dive straight into creating and playing mods before the game is actually fully released. In addition to this, we are currently developing a new feature for the website, the Maps & Mods tab, which will enable you to share your mods with other fans and track down the best mods out there. This feature is not ready yet, but our web developer (Open Dev Blog’s father Supacoco) is working hard to release it before the end of the year, and when finished it will be accessible to everyone from the Open Dev blog.
The Modding Kit is an extremely flexible, feature-rich tool, and we wanted to show you some examples of the amazing mods that it can produce. That is why a few weeks ago we contacted two modders from the MMX community--one from RPG Codex and the other a MMX Ultimate Adventurer from the Open Dev Blog! They are currently creating their own mods that will be available when the Maps & Mods feature goes live. If you too are interested in modding, then you should totally check out the following guide: MODDING KIT GUIDE.
With the Modding Kit installed you can immediately start creating your own adventures or just have fun discovering all its features. However you use the kit, what you learn will be very valuable in the near future when a special modding contest is announced… Watch this space!
Now let’s check out what this second patch brings to MMX!
Here are the new features of the Second Official Patch:
- New interactive objects have been added: Liquid Barrels and Buff Statues.
- New game options. Barks can now be deactivated, and the same goes for game messages and floating damage numbers. You can now also change the opacity for tooltips and the quest/action log.
- Korean language version is now available.
- And last but not least, you can make your own notes on the Minimap. (cf. article Feature Preview: Map Notes)
- Several issues where players got stuck in combat have been fixed.
- We also fixed several bugs where people got stuck outside of combat.
- Several UI overlaps have been removed.
- Items should no longer disappear from your inventory when moved.
- Various buttons and interaction icons that didn’t work have been fixed.
See the full update for the complete patch notes. And before you ask, we actually have no idea what RPG Codex modder they're talking about. Either that's a mistake or somebody has been doing stuff behind our backs (tsk tsk).