Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Prepare to Die: Dark Souls PC Officially Announced
Game News - posted by Crooked Bee on Wed 11 April 2012, 20:28:26Tags: Bandai Namco Entertainment; Dark Souls: Prepare to Die; From Software
In the best recent news after (or I would even say on par with) Kickstarter, Namco Bandai have officially announced Dark Souls: Prepare to Die, a PC edition of the game, to be released on August 24. You can head over to Destructoid to watch the brand new trailer!
Grateful for al the feedback from the console version, From Software is taking all they've learned from fans to shape this Windows PC release. There were no plans for a PC version at first, but with the support of Namco Bandai and game fans they're glad to be showing off their early plans for one. A teaser trailer was shown to press members at this event, and it promised that darkness will continue with all-new content.
Namco didn’t provide any details of new content on Dark Souls for PC, but did confirm that the PC version would include new content that isn’t present in the console versions. The game will be released on August 24th worldwide, via select retailers and download release.
The expanded take on From Software's acclaimed action RPG will support Games For Windows Live. There's been no mention of a console DLC release for the new content.
And the official website is now up! It even lists new content:
- New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
- PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
- New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
- More details to be revealed...
Sources: Destructoid, Eurogamer, and Siliconera.