Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Odds are, something you like very much sucks. Why? Because this is the RPG Codex
News Content Gallery People Games Companies  
Forums About Donate RSS Contact Us!  

Everything you've ever wanted to know about Gothic 3

Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)

Everything you've ever wanted to know about Gothic 3

Game News - posted by Vault Dweller on Sun 20 August 2006, 14:42:21

Tags: Gothic III; Piranha Bytes

Here is a summary of an upcoming Gothic 3 preview in PC Action (German mag), courtesy of World of Gothic:

* There will be around 550 different quests, of which 25 belong to the main story. It won't be possible to do all quests in one game, because a large part is only available when a certain group favours you.
* The hero will have 9 different attributes.
* There are about 70 different talents/perks in seven different professions:
o Fighting (17)
o Hunting (10)
o Magic (11)
o Forging/Smithing (5)
o Thief skills (11)
o Alchemy (7)
o Other talents (6)
The developers think it will be possible to reach about level 30. For every level you'll get the usual 10 learning points and every skill or talents costs 5 LP.
* It'll take about 50 hours to finish the main story. For the rest of the quests you'll need another 100 hours.
* The player will spend about 60% of the time in the woods and fields of Myrtana. The other 40% will be spend in the desert area of Varant and the snowy planes of Nordmarr, about 20% each.
* There are around 1000 different items to be found in the entire world.
* For the 250.000 dialogs 62 different voice-actors were used. That is about 18 hours of spoken dialog.
* The zoom options of the camera range from first-person perspective to bird-eye view.
* The following system requirements are mentioned in the article:

Minimum
2 GHZ
512MB Ram
128 MB Graphics card

Recommended
3GHZ
1024 MB Ram
Geforce 6800
Sweet. They had me from "It won't be possible to do all quests in one game, because a large part is only available when a certain group favours you."


Spotted at: RPG Dot

There are 112 comments on Everything you've ever wanted to know about Gothic 3

Site hosted by Sorcerer's Place Link us!
Codex definition, a book manuscript.
eXTReMe Tracker
rpgcodex.net RSS Feed
This page was created in 0.0462620258331 seconds