Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
looks pretty good might try it out later
No shit.. I just this past weekend tried the incomplete version that had been available and lamented that I couldn't see it through. This is excellent news!

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
It's decent but Bastard!! rpg game needs translating

one of the best games on the platform and definitely the best untranslated game

though of course amount of text is very high

On another note London Seirei Tanteidan still being worked on, glacially but surely

Hr2v9F0.jpeg

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, about a month ago, Localization Patch by gringe for Fire Emblem 6 (The Binding Blade) (GBA) has been updated to 1.1.3. Info & DL here:

link

deuxhero

Arcane
That's nice, though I really do recommend the Mangs rebalance patch that forked off it if someone is going to play FE6 (especially replay it). It makes a few tiny tweaks that greatly improve the game's worst spots (no ambush spawns, the dozens of units which were total crap and traps got buffed just enough to be worthwhile without being OP, backporting later weapon hit rate improvements from FE7/8).

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Germs, a weird open-world action-adventure RPG, has gotten a partial translation:

From what I understand, you play as a detective in a city which has fallen victim to a viral outbreak which makes people go crazy. Combat is like Morrowind.

If you ever wanted to play the NES version of The Bard's Tale, but didn't like the cuts, there's now a translation for you.

A couple of translations of MegaTen games we didn't have before, a MSX action game and a Game Boy title.

Finally, for those of you inclined towards Japanese adventure games, someone translated another one, Shin Taketori Monogatari.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
The Germs patch has apparently been removed because the translator got a lot of crap for a translation that was poor quality. It was translated from a Spanish patch with some MLT thrown in too. You can still find it elsewhere though. There are actual translation patches in the works, apparently, but those have been in the oven for a considerable amount of time.

Jinn

Arcane
Linda³ Again english translation has finally been released! What a delightful surprise!

Github link.

The romance has got you covered with a pre-patched iso, too!

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Holy shit, Linda³. That's incredible. Years ago I would've said never ever, but psx translations are popping up all over the place now. Nothing is off the table it seems.

KeAShizuku

Novice
Its always Nintendo isn't it? They are the only ones who care about 15+ year old games.

Fuck it if it were up to me cdromance would blacklist anything Nintendo related so that the site can live in peace.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
We're done. Ricardo should have something for you this week.

zjRfjur.png

Indeed, a translation for Starfire, a "role playing action rpg game" for the PC-98 has been released.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6138/

(Once again, romhacking killing it with the genre description)
I wanted to post this once RH approved the news submission, but yeah, it's out now.
I finally saw more gameplay of this. It looks to be Starcraft inc last game.

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I somehow missed this, but it's finally happening. Illusion City has a complete translation for the MSX Turbo-R. It's not available to the public yet, but it's going through external beta testing currently. You can follow the progress on the project's website which is updated frequently:

https://www.msxtranslations.com/ic.php

xrm1

Educated
Are there any Uncharted Waters or Taiko Risshiden-like games out there that are actually translated?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom