Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake from Saber Interactive

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The Romans were not written, they were. And here's what they were not: always two of them and always the apprentice trying to unseat the master. Because that's patently retarded.

Always two of them are, the Emperor and the Pretorian Prefect. One to embody Power, the other to desire it.
lol no

Augustus to Tiberius to Caligula to Claudius to Nero to Galba and so on. None of them were Praetorian. (this is going to be a running theme btw)

Not Otho, not Vitellius, not Vespasian — though his son Titus was in fact a praetorian prefect, but he was also his son and heir. So that doesn't really hold up.

Domitian, Titus' son, was not a praetorian prefect.

Certainly not Nerva. Or Trajan or his adopted son Hadrian or his adopted son Antoninus Pius.

It is truly a mystery how co-emperors Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus and Commudus fit into this nonsense theory. Because they don't. Not only did they reign two at a time, but none of them — nor any mentioned before — was a Praetorian prefect or otherwise.

Those are the first 250 years of the Roman Empire and never was there this scenario you bring up as "always". So no, it's the opposite, *never* in the first quarter millennium. Never.
Philip The Arab was a pretorian prefect. You were just a few years short of those 250 :)
Yes. That's why it isn't presented as the rule, rather the exception of the rule :)

The Romans were not written, they were. And here's what they were not: always two of them and always the apprentice trying to unseat the master. Because that's patently retarded.

Always two of them are, the Emperor and the Pretorian Prefect. One to embody Power, the other to desire it.
lol no

Augustus to Tiberius to Caligula to Claudius to Nero to Galba and so on. None of them were Praetorian. (this is going to be a running theme btw)

Not Otho, not Vitellius, not Vespasian — though his son Titus was in fact a praetorian prefect, but he was also his son and heir. So that doesn't really hold up.

Certainly not Nerva. Or Trajan or his adopted son Hadrian or his adopted son Antoninus Pius.

It is truly a mystery how co-emperors Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus and Commudus fit into this nonsense theory. Because they don't. Not only did they reign two at a time, but none of them — nor any mentioned before — was a Praetorian prefect or otherwise.

Those are the first 250 years of the Roman Empire and never was there this scenario you bring up as "always". So no, it's the opposite, *never* in the first quarter millennium. Never.
Philip The Arab was a pretorian prefect. You were just a few years short of those 250 :)
Yes. That's why it isn't presented as the rule, rather the exception of the rule :)
Sidious was also an exception to the rule, just like Philip the Arab.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

lol no

Maybe we should just drop the Roman comparison

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

lol no

Maybe we should just drop the Roman comparison
Yeah it's very confusing when you throw Philip of Arabia in it too.

StrongBelwas

Cipher
Patron
Given Embracer's current mess, a large, expensive project like this seems like one of the first things they'd kill off. But I guess there isn't a formal announcement yet.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Saber has been doing pretty well for themselves relative to their other studios so I don't think they're getting EMBRACE'D just yet.
May be that they're doing something different now (Hopefully more like BG3?) and Sony just doesn't want to be involved anymore, that's very optimistic though.

Bulo

Scholar
You cannot win, Revan! The Force is female!

On a serious note, I'm disappointed to hear that this is likely dead. Modding the first game is a pain in the neck, and a number of its features weren't future-proofed

Bulo

Scholar
Modding the first game is a pain in the neck
Modding KotOR 1&2 is easy af. Just about every mod goes into a single folder.
I could barely get the first game running once modded, and when I did it was prone to crashing. It quickly became more hassle than it was worth. Admittedly, my choice of mods may have been to blame. TSL was surprisingly stable

I could barely get the first game running once modded, and when I did it was prone to crashing. It quickly became more hassle than it was worth. Admittedly, my choice of mods may have been to blame. TSL was surprisingly stable
Did it run without the mods? Whenever I hear tales of crashing in K1 I immediately assume a problem with hardware, particularly AMD cards. Mods themselves rarely ctd, unless perhaps you bogged the game down with tonnes of 4k textures or some shit. For reference, my own override usually has ~70 mods running at once, some major, mostly minor and the game never crashes.

Last edited:

Bulo

Scholar
Did it run without the mods? Whenever I hear tales of crashing in K1 I immediately assume a problem with hardware, particularly AMD cards. Mods themselves rarely ctd, unless perhaps you bogged the game down with tonnes of 4k textures or some shit.
It did. And yes, AMD is likely to blame

In $CURRENT_YEAR you have to figure out what's happening based on what is not said and what has been edited into nonexistence.

Paging Mr. Orwell, Mr. George Orwell...

Vyvian

Educated
Thank god, I hope it stays dead but I know better.
If only Bloodlines 2 would suffer the same fate before it's allowed to violate the memory of Bloodlines.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Thank god, I hope it stays dead but I know better.
If only Bloodlines 2 would suffer the same fate before it's allowed to violate the memory of Bloodlines.
If only modern "remakes" stayed true to the vision of the originals and only improved graphics and fixed stuff on the side...
But, nope.

If only modern "remakes" stayed true to the vision of the originals and only improved graphics and fixed stuff on the side...
But, nope
Were we not inhabiting Clown World and some of the past talent remained at Bioware, I would pay good money for an expansion pack on the same engine with the same graphics to match the original. I quite like the early 3D aesthetic of KotOR. Expand the pool of powers and abilities, add some new sidequests and party interactions across all planets, maybe add a new module here or there. Develop Sleheyron as intended and put it back into the main quest, and let us go down to Yavin to loot some of Naga Sadow's temples.

Honestly, I'm surprised and see no good reason why nothing has been done with it considering that both its predecessors (BG & NWN), not to mention other games like Titan Quest have or are about to get new expansions released decades after launch. I suppose it's for the best the morons haven't noticed though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Elttharion

Learned
Its-dead-jim.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom