Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shotgun or Psionic Build?

roshan

Arcane
Hi guys! Any advice for a shotgun or psionic build? I've never played one of these before. Also, is there a link to the Underrail build planner and is it up to date?

Also, is there any advantage of a sword build over a knife one?

Thanks!

https://underrail.info/build/
It's missing two belts, but I think it's up to date aside from those.
https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Waist_Pack
https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Large_Waist_Pack
I'm not that good at psi so I won't comment on that. For shotguns you basically always want short barrel instead of long, vindicator is the best type by far, leading shot is much better than barrel stare (being able to reliably hit death stalkers even at low level is sooo goooood), auto shotguns are fun but not really that useful most of the time, pumps always want foregrip, autos always want magazine, choke is a joke upgrade that you should never take because it's worse than nothing. It has two negatives and no positives what the fuck why did you put this in the game?
Oh yeah, critical power doesn't multiply the bonus crit damage from fragmented chaos. I don't know why. It just doesn't. You might think crit power+chaos+3p shells would be awesome, but nope, doesn't work.
Shotguns got a huge buff with AP rollover since now pumps can fire three times every second turn instead of being capped at two shots and having 10 AP you can't use, so that's great. If you want to play shotguns then now is a good time.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Should add a "waste pack" that is only available after gaining the feat Colectomy - outside of leveling, ofc.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
My last run was a pure psi, and towards the 2nd half it became a slog. These builds can become too fidgety, and you basically do the same strategy 99% of the time, and it was very tiresome in expedition, where you fight swarms of the same enemies. I don't think I'll ever play another pure-psi build again.

I've never played shotguns, but they're probably more fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom