Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Russian Kingdom Come Deliverance - Смута

vazha

Arcane
So its not even dead on arrival, but an abortion? Meh, znak kachetsvo strikes again.

Wunderbar

Arcane
he thinks the company doesn't exist anymore. Says he tried to find it, but couldn't. Its office existed a year ago, but not anymore.
the guy has a build dated april this year, and it's playable enough to make hours long gameplay videos from it. Yet somehow he draws the conclusion that there are no devs and the whole thing a scam, just because no one have answered him.

Sounds legit.

Wunderbar

Arcane
https://dtf.ru/flood/1847033-smuta-u-smuty

Some random asshole did an actual journalism and found out the reason why the devs are acting so strange.

tl;dr
- surefire sign that a company was created for fradulent purposes is when it has no prior history (i.e. appeared out of nowhere and suddenly announced some ambitious project). The studio existed since 2015 and was making smaller scale mobile apps.
- sometimes in order to establish a fradulent business, scammers may buy an existing shell company. This is not the case here, since the studio's directors (one of them is that Vavra-lookalike) haven't change since 2015.
- OP checked studio's taxation history, and found out that their business was actually failing - since 2015 they paid less and less taxes, which implies that they were constantly downscaling their operations and laying off their employees. It all changed in 2022 when they managed to strike a deal to finance this game.
- After the game was announced, devs suddenly found themselves in a spotlight. The local authorities have woken up, did various checks, and found out that the studio's name ("Cyberia Limited") breaks some business-related laws since it's not actually an Ltd. Founders probably named it like that for the coolness factor (Ltd is written differently in Russian), and no one noticed it before 2022. So in a short timespan they had to rename their company, change their site and change all social medias.

The main conclusion is that the inexperienced dev studio bit more than they could chew, and now they are having some PR issues.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
This is a much ado about nothing, your tldr is too long. Here's a tldr about your tldr: nothing useful.

What's more interesting is this https://www.list-org.com/company/2933205
Here they list the company's revenues, expenditures and income.

They received 260 million.
They SPENT 240 million.
They declared 20 million as profit (to distribute among the shareholders).

No more money left. Plus, the way they spent it is weird. You'd need about 100 employees to spend all that. But in reality they only have ~13. So... where's the money Lebowski? And why is no one answering and can't be reached, again?

But I think I've read somewhere that they'll be receiving more grants after the 260 mil. So, they'll probably keep doing something, why dissolve now.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So I got the leaked client, played with it, unpacked and inspected it.

The 3 major areas that are in-game are heavily unfinished.
af2f35f64555aeff9f97321d2b5951e1.jpg

Only about 2 houses can be entered and lead to another sublevel. The sublevels are located under the ground for some reason... and looking out the window, you see some fucked up shit.

To the guy who was asking why Slavic people gesture like Italians, it's cause there's a dozen motion capture asset packs from the marketplace.
Then dozen of asset packs of nature, a dozen for animals, particles, various plugins for shit that any self respecting studio would do in house.

It's not 100% an asset flip, there's some stuff they made in-house, but I'd say it's about 50-50. Very indie looking approach, like they're on a very tight budget.

All in all, I could do the same thing with a couple millions and a few freelancers, not 260 million. It's fair to say some funds may have been appropriated, so to speak.

Doesn't mean the game won't come out. A lot of projects are done this way in Russia, and it still stands. I am annoyed, though.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The devs created a VK page and uploaded a dev blog video to say that no, they're not gone. https://vk.com/smuta.games

Someone found an older art they presented. It had a character they stole from a polish artist on artstation. They replaced it, this art piece on VK now has new guys on it.

d6b3117794701e5f49f2fe164f4d90c3.png

In the first dev blog video they interview one of their historical consultants. It's some guy from a organization called anti-NATO. People are expressing concern about him being a neutral consultant or if he's going to be one of those folk history guys with crazy shit in his head.

That's all for today.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The devs created a VK page and uploaded a dev blog video to say that no, they're not gone. https://vk.com/smuta.games

Someone found an older art they presented. It had a character they stole from a polish artist on artstation. They replaced it, this art piece on VK now has new guys on it.

d6b3117794701e5f49f2fe164f4d90c3.png
I fear this is symptomatic for the whole production. Stolen 2d art, 3d asset flip, and of course, hiring some crazies as consultants to divert attention elsewhere and later be able to state that the poor ratings are caused by 'review bombing from butthurt Poles'.

Reinhardt

Arcane
i hope there will be accurate depiction of potatos eating potato corpses during siege of kreml' and you can fight potato butcher boss amid dismembered and hanging on hooks potatos.
"Vegetable, bad. Meat, good!"

The medieval Russia setting could be refreshing. Unfortunately the photo-realisim looks ugly. Wish it had a nice artstyle, maybe make it look like Nicolai Kochergin's stuff or something.

SAUSkIp.jpg

deama

Prophet
How is this even going to sell? Aren't there sanctions on Russia still so steam can't sell Russian made games?

deama

Prophet
How is this even going to sell? Aren't there sanctions on Russia still so steam can't sell Russian made games?
It will never be completed.

But if it was, most likely it would be sold in Russia via their Russian equivalent of Steam (I think VK has something like that).
And I guess it'll somehow get smuggled into the west?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It will never be completed.

But if it was, most likely it would be sold in Russia via their Russian equivalent of Steam (I think VK has something like that).
And I guess it'll somehow get smuggled into the west?
Russia now has a law that pirating Western software is allowed.

We'll be glad to reciprocate :-D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom