Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Relatively recent eye-candy games that're good as games?

deuxhero

Arcane
Is Way of the Hunter any good?

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The Metro games.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance. This game is really beautiful, there is something really majestic in riding your horse through the countryside and navigating those bohemian forests while killing bandits and taking all their stuff.
Crysis 3.

std::namespace

ue5 demos are as good as games as is witcher 3 and cyberpunk77
come at me

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Nothing like turn-based bear sex.
The only people who see bear sex are those deliberately looking for it
3lPRfzJ.png

O4ArI2r.png

dJpfE7e.png

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
What games have there been in the last 4/5 year that actually take advantage of my upgrade
Well if strickly going by that parameter then it's a bit hard
I also have the same GPU you used to have and it can run most games before 2022 on a combination of medium/high
Only this year did we start seeing more AAA games whose minimum requirements already moved past the RX480
Still, here's a few worthwhile graphically demanding yet good games (from 2020 onwards)

Nioh 2 - this one is an exception, because while I couldn't run it even at 30fps, I think maybe it was just a problem with my system because everywhere I search the RX480 is able to run the game at 60fps and honestly this sequel doesn't seem to have have vastly improved over the first and I can run that one flawlessly

Cyberpunk 2077
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hitman 3
Elden Ring
A Plague Tale Requiem (if you're really after eye-candy this one takes the prize due to stellar art direction)
Elden Ring
Armored Core 6
REmake 4

deama

Prophet
Red dead redemption 2
Armored core 6
Devil may cry 5
The new hitman games.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Red dead redemption 2
Was about to edit my post to recommend this one, but with the * op should be aware of

* If you're not really into cowboy simulationism then don't bother, because that's the only part of the game with real merit - and even then he would have to engage with the boring ass main quest to open up the other regions of the map

Devil may cry 5
great game and very good looking, but he asked for game to justify the new hardware and the RX480 can easily run DMC5 above 60fps with a mix of medium/high settings

deama

Prophet
Red dead redemption 2
Was about to edit my post to recommend this one, but with the * op should be aware of

* If you're not really into cowboy simulationism then don't bother, because that's the only part of the game with real merit - and even then he would have to engage with the boring ass main quest to open up the other regions of the map

Devil may cry 5
great game and very good looking, but he asked for game to justify the new hardware and the RX480 can easily run DMC5 above 60fps with a mix of medium/high settings
Oh I didn't realise, I thought DMC5 needed more beef.

I'm going to add in a new normination, the new spiderman remastered that came out, the web swinging alone was real nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom