Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Olympus 2207 - fan-made Fallout total conversion

MartinK

Learned
The sequel is called Olympus 2249. It's made in UE4. Check out their website!

At this point I wish they would just let the Fallout die. The style was already old with Metal Heart. Just give me something I have never seen before dammit.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'm playing as well for a while now.

Intro
I find the intro before you leave the "shelter" quite bad, mostly because there is too many useless NPC so it's harder to find the important ones, i wish you could just highlight the important ones just like containers.
Also, the early quests aren't very interesting, the punching bag quest aside.
Aside from that, the early dialog are terrible, it's not just the broken english, it reeks garbage original dialog too.
And the reason you have to leave (short cut-scene) is hardly plausible.

Outside
It takes forever to get decent guns and you encounter stronger foes early on than in mid game (patrols in heavy armors and heavy weapons).
Turns out the garbage NPC swamping the useful ones is a constant in this mod, probably my biggest grippe with it.
Dialog improves later on, i only read every other word but it gets decent/alright.
Quests improves slightly as well.

Graphic overhaul
That's where the mod shines, unfortunately, i wish they were just as skilled in quest design, they should be forced to play Prelude to Darkness and Dark Sun before their next mod.
I like the intro screen music.

Conclusion
Unfortunately, the mod lacks something to grab the players attention, as it is, i'm just forcing myself to play the game, it's not bad but i just don't feel the urge to play it.

Also, the scarce companions doesn't help and i know about the three companions, already got the weak one and finally let him go because he's more a burden during tough fight rather than a real help.

It's not bad but it lacks a binding main mission you really want to complete.
It's also strongly inspired by Fallout 2 and Resurrection, the lack of originality really shows.

Skills advice
Lockpicks 60 - 90, Survival 70+, Speech, Barter, Traps, Steal if you can stomach save-scumming, Repair (minor use), Doctor & First aid for some healing while traveling
Small Guns, Big Guns, Unarmed or melee weapons
Batteries are scarce early on so i don't recommend Energy weapons.

You can get a great sniper rifle in the jackals area
Some NWO patrols might have a really good Magnum handgun which unfortunately uses extremely rare ammo
The lightning spear (i found two of them) is great, good damage, range of 2, 4AP, it uses batteries (small i think) and melee weapons.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
At this point I wish they would just let the Fallout die. The style was already old with Metal Heart. Just give me something I have never seen before dammit.

I disagree with this, sure, we got a lot of uninspired total conversion mods (Sonora & Olympus, i find Resurrection better though) but it doesn't mean it should stop, modders just have to get bolder with quests and world design.

Examples:
Sci-Fi settings, you crashed your spaceship in a uncharted planet full of giant and hungry beasts (dinosaurs?) and possibly some different aliens factions whom built their outposts here and there or are conducting mining operations (or whatever else is better than something i made up on the spot)

Horror settings, Olympus intro music and ambient would fit perfectly, maybe a bit lovecraftian, last humanity bastions are about to fall at the claws of savage beasts/mutated creatures (or whatever), the only hope is to find some ancient legendary weapons from forgotten outposts/vaults/alien bases.

Multi-aggresive factions on the brinks of war where you have to pick a side and help defend settlements or they will fall and at some point, help build up defenses and equip them better, maybe help them to re-build forgotten technology to overcome their enemies and assault their strongholds.

Full Sci-Fi with interstellar travel (multiple planets to explore).

Vance and Farmer novels would be great inspirations for a great total conversion mod.

Badjer

Barely Literate
ok, another question, where do i get 2b card. i met douglas and exausted all dialogue with him, pickpocketed everything from him but i dont seem to have the card on me or in my stash

Alphons

Cipher
ok, another question, where do i get 2b card. i met douglas and exausted all dialogue with him, pickpocketed everything from him but i dont seem to have the card on me or in my stash

I had to ask about it myself because it's so illogical.
If you exhausted all dialogue with Doug, he mentioned a military bunker hidden under a shack and used by Jackals as a base. You can ask him to mark it on your map (Military HQ location near Jackals).

All raiders here are hostile, no dialogue, so blast away or sneak around. Inside there're several rooms. Keycard is in a safe (use Science on it to open) in the office at the other end of the corridor (opposite the generator room).

You can also
murder Greg- Herald at the Tartarus farms

The Jester

Cipher
It's also strongly inspired by Fallout 2 and Resurrection, the lack of originality really shows.
How it can be inspired by both Fallout 2 and Resurrection?
Fallout 2 and Resurrection are very different in nature.
Olympus 2077 doesn't remind me of either.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
How it can be inspired by both Fallout 2 and Resurrection?
Fallout 2 and Resurrection are very different in nature.
Olympus 2077 doesn't remind me of either.

Armored villains showing up in a cut-scene early on in Fallout 2... Doesn't ring a bell?
Armored ghouls patrols everywhere in resurrection, you get the exact same around the starting area with armored guards hunting you down.

The rest of the apple scenario doesn't fall too far from the tree either.

Fyapowah

Novice
I'm now beating this game for the second time, trying to experience all the available content this time. I have a question
How can I make the Hog in Rainbow talk to me? From what I understood from a Russian walkthrough using Google Translate, Hog is supposed to give me a quest to make a peace with the Jackals, but every time I talk to him asking for work, he gets high and says he doesn't need me.

Saduj

Arcane
I think I went to nWo too soon.

I've only played a few minutes past the tutorial content and I assumed NWO was a starter town given that it is close to the starting area and exploring the map seems to be discouraged early game (radiation, frequency of random encounters, character having no gear). Is this not the case?

I'm starting over because, based on what I've read here, my character kind of sucks. IMO, making new characters search the world map for level appropriate areas combined with the radiation mechanic is just bad design. In most cases where people say a game "makes" them save scum, I disagree. But in this case, that is exactly what everyone is going to do. Search the world map, irradiate your character, find what you are looking for or die, reload and keep looking/head straight for the appropriate area. More a time waster than anything else.

EDIT: After starting over, it really isn't hard to figure out where to go first and where to go next. Exploration doesn't seem like a must early on. To the extent that exploring the map is a thing in this game, the radiation mechanic is still going to encourage people to reload after they've found something so the optimal path can be taken. Maybe the modder wanted to discourage exploration and skipping ahead?

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
I've noticed twice after finishing quests that the message box says "Perfect! XXXX experience". Most of my quest resolutions are being judged sub-optimally.

The last time it happened, a hooker was being chased by her pimp and tried to get me to help. She was stealing from customers. My guy isn't a talker but I tried the "Hey, we can resolve this peacefully option". When the pimp didn't go for it, I backed down and handed her over. The pimp tied her up and mentioned cutting off her hands as she doesn't need them to work (debatable, btw).

Following this exchange the message box says "Perfect! 223 experience". :hug:

Alphons

Cipher
I've noticed twice after finishing quests that the message box says "Perfect! XXXX experience". Most of my quest resolutions are being judged sub-optimally.

The last time it happened, a hooker was being chased by her pimp and tried to get me to help. She was stealing from customers. My guy isn't a talker but I tried the "Hey, we can resolve this peacefully option". When the pimp didn't go for it, I backed down and handed her over. The pimp tied her up and mentioned cutting off her hands as she doesn't need them to work (debatable, btw).

Following this exchange the message box says "Perfect! 223 experience". :hug:

You can't talk him out of it- you either kill him and replace him as a pimp or you hand over the hooker and do some work for him. I broke the quests in Rainbow by fighting him, KOing him with a critical, ending combat and then doing his quest.

Wow this is more edgy then 1.5

It's pretty mild when compared to "clean up after pedophile by killing children in his basement and then sell their remains to kebab vendor".

Alphons

Cipher
pretty mild when compared to "clean up after pedophile by killing children in his basement and then sell their remains to kebab vendor".

Where was it?

Albuquerque

In the second part of Empire (without palace) is a residential building.

Inside is a woman that will ask you to look for her missing son. She'll talk about one of the officers in palace.

You can talk to him and let him fuck you for an answer or pickpocket a note from him.
Either way you end up at Chuck's pawn shop (the best shop in the game).

Then you can choose to kill Chuck and free the kids (the one you're looking for is already dead) or work with him and clean up the basement.

Saduj

Arcane
Olympus has a quest where you have to let a doctor scrape your asshole before he will help you. Apparently Fallout 2 modders have a preoccupation with player character buttholes.

Saduj

Arcane
Olympus has a quest where you have to let a doctor scrape your asshole before he will help you. Apparently Fallout 2 modders have a preoccupation with player character buttholes.
This is most definitely from translation, I don't remember anything like that from original

it is in NWO. The slaughterhouse guy needs medical attention but doesn’t get along with the doctor. The Dr only agrees to help if you help with his experiment. Maybe talky characters have a way around it.there are no in game consequences either way.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
it is in NWO. The slaughterhouse guy needs medical attention but doesn’t get along with the doctor. The Dr only agrees to help if you help with his experiment. Maybe talky characters have a way around it.there are no in game consequences either way.

There is another way out of it but i can't remember what, this is one of the least memorable Fallout mod.

Why isn't Yesterday out already?

deama

Prophet
I'm kinda stuck now:
I've gotten the antiradine from rainbow raiders, but when I try and bring it back to doctor pat (next to my dad), no dialogue box appears. If I talk to kirk, my brother, I get the option of "I found the cure! Let me talk to doc pat...", when I click that option it just ends the dialogue, which I think is supposed to happen, but speaking to doc pat doesn't do anything. I tried using the antiradine on dad but doesn't do anything either.

deama

Prophet
Ok nvm, just finished it, I think I ended up skipping like half the game by accident or something cause I finished it at lvl 15.
It's ok, it's kinda buggy I have to admit though, lots of stuff that you can easily accidentally "break".

Saduj

Arcane
Ok nvm, just finished it, I think I ended up skipping like half the game by accident or something cause I finished it at lvl 15.
It's ok, it's kinda buggy I have to admit though, lots of stuff that you can easily accidentally "break".

Wait you finished the game two hours after saving your father? And you were level 15? I just finished the father quest at level 7 and don’t think I’m anywhere near the end game….

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom