Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Marvel Snap! (aka Fast Gwent by Hearthstone devs)

Yeah, sounds like you got some awesome luck on your P3 pulls. Lockjaw is one of the only cards that can make early P3 play competitive.

muckguppy

Prophet
I use baron mordo with other cards to pump their hand and deny draw. Think maximus and black widow etc. Throwing in some rocks with rock slide and korg and bam, finish with darkhawk.

Seems like every card has some niche deck you can build around it.

J1M

Arcane
I have dropped this game, but I still recommend it. Was fun for about 6 months or so.

It's possible Galactus ruined the game for me. After using that card, every other deck felt pedestrian.

Jason Liang

Arcane
On reddit, I came up with some custom Snap cards:
may-f.png
conan-f.png
barracuda-f.png
kate-f.png

Last edited:
Well shit. Leader got murdered before I even sat down to play him. Now I've got Wave pinned in my token shop and I'll probably buy her since she seems like she opens up fun bullshit too, just dunno if I should use half of my precious remaining 2,000 tokens.

On the bright side I pulled Mystique. Figured she'd be good in a bunch of shit but I looked up netdecks for her and saw one with Cerebro and figured it was a sign since I'd gotten that earlier and hadn't played it yet. Pretty fun, you get absolutely brutalized if your opponent is running Scorpion or Enchantress but otherwise it's a pretty linear game plan. Doesn't seem particularly GOOD since if you don't draw Cerebro you're left with your dick in your hand but it's a nice change of pace.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm doing well with Ultron/ Patriot, although you may not have the cards for it yet.

Mystique is used in a lot of mid and top tier decks. In addition to copying Patriot, she is used to copy Wong in several cool decks and Iron Man in Negative decks.

J1M

Arcane
On the bright side I pulled Mystique. Figured she'd be good in a bunch of shit but I looked up netdecks for her and saw one with Cerebro and figured it was a sign since I'd gotten that earlier and hadn't played it yet. Pretty fun, you get absolutely brutalized if your opponent is running Scorpion or Enchantress but otherwise it's a pretty linear game plan. Doesn't seem particularly GOOD since if you don't draw Cerebro you're left with your dick in your hand but it's a nice change of pace.
Mystique is great. Cerebro is garbage. There are too many locations that interfere with it.

I'm doing well with Ultron/ Patriot, although you may not have the cards for it yet.

Mystique is used in a lot of mid and top tier decks. In addition to copying Patriot, she is used to copy Wong in several cool decks and Iron Man in Negative decks.
Yeah, I definitely don't. I considered picking up Ultron from the token shop at one point but passed since he doesn't seem as playable without Patriot, while Patriot's probably alright even without Ultron. Did get Dracula which seems kinda fun but I tried playing him in a discard shell and as usual with discard I manage to discard everything EXCEPT my discard payoffs, including Dracula himself, and never once managed to play him. Could try sticking him in a cheap Kazaarshit deck with the theory being I could play all my cheap shit and then only have expensive shit for Dracula but that doesn't sound terribly good compared to just playing cheap Kazaarshit with Blue Marvel and/or Onslaught or whatever on the top end. Kinda thinking Dracula's likely a fun meme rather than strong.

Wong's a really good one, haven't got him yet myself but he's fun to play against. Sadly I never run into Wong decks when I've got Cosmo but that's the way of card games. I think the highest point total I've seen someone reach was someone playing Wong into an extra on-reveal location with Mystique and going bonkers, should've been an immediate concede once he started setting it up but sometimes you gotta lose some cubes to see fun shit.

Surprisingly fun game though, actually gotten more enjoyable after getting into pool 3 and playing/facing more cards.

Mystique is great. Cerebro is garbage. There are too many locations that interfere with it.
That's certainly true but Storm can help with some of them. Actually managed to 5D chess my way into a win by using a points-boosting location to play my nerds out on the final turn so they got boosted into Cerebro range after getting nailed by Scorpion. Had to live dangerously by playing Cerebro out earlier than the final turn but fortunately didn't get punished for it.

holy shit the game is tiny on a monitor.
new cards come too slow, nothing interesting to do for tens of games, no awesome factor having to play with average joes you feel no care for. instatrashbin.

Jason Liang

Arcane
My stats for season 8, playing mostly Ultron Patriot + Leech. Finished at rank 72 and am now clvl 2127, missing 31 cards from Pool 3 ~

ms23015.jpg

ms23014.jpg

ms23016.jpg

ms23018.jpg
Initial deck.

ms23020.jpg

Final deck.

ms23011.jpg

Final win to 70.

ms23012.jpg

ms23017.jpg

A sneak peak of next season!

ms23021.jpg

I pulled Shuri after the Series drop so hopefully next season will be even easier.

Last edited:
Still been playing super casually, but fortunately hadn't touched my gold so I picked up that Deadpool bundle. Fun card to fuck around with and a good pile of blueshit and tokens out of the deal. Also had Destroyer show up in the token shop which I'm considering since that might be kinda fun, though I'm gradually talking myself out of it just because "15 point 6 mana fat man" doesn't really seem like it'd be good enough. Also fucked around with Death and Wave a bit since I got Wave from a random card pickup and bought Death earlier in the shop as another key archetype card.

J1M

Arcane
Still been playing super casually, but fortunately hadn't touched my gold so I picked up that Deadpool bundle. Fun card to fuck around with and a good pile of blueshit and tokens out of the deal. Also had Destroyer show up in the token shop which I'm considering since that might be kinda fun, though I'm gradually talking myself out of it just because "15 point 6 mana fat man" doesn't really seem like it'd be good enough. Also fucked around with Death and Wave a bit since I got Wave from a random card pickup and bought Death earlier in the shop as another key archetype card.
Save up for Galactus.

Jason Liang

Arcane
People are reporting that there is a bug with the collection track caches right now. Players are no longer getting a new card every 4-8 caches. So it may be a good idea to hold on opening new caches until we know more.

Destroyer is definitely slightly out of vogue atm. Possible he might see a resurgence following the Sandman buff though.
Save up for Galactus.
Ended up picking him up on the grounds that I don't know how long I'll keep playing Snap anyway, so I may as well pick up cards that open up decks. Destroyer's been fine thus far, though I suspect it's mainly coming from fucking with my opponent's plan with Armor and Cosmo more than playing Destroyer. Flipside of the coin is Deadpool's more fun to play but definitely less consistent and worse, since I've got almost nothing to fuck up my opponent and Armor/Cosmo can screw with me. Fortunately I'm in the garbage tier ranks since I play half an hour a day and burn cubes fucking around with decks so Deadpool's peachy.

Galactus does look neat but isn't he permanently 6,000 tokens or something? Picking up interesting 1,000 token cheapies seems better since I'm fucking around until that half hour a day seems like too much of an investment. Never seen Thanos, either. I see infinity stones once in a while but never Thanos.

People are reporting that there is a bug with the collection track caches right now. Players are no longer getting a new card every 4-8 caches. So it may be a good idea to hold on opening new caches until we know more.
Well shit. Hate to sit on caches but I guess I will, thanks for the heads up.

FWIW the dev team has stated that Galactus is very likely to see further nerfs down the line, while Thanos just got a (fairly minor in the grand scheme of things) buff.

But yeah, as things stand, Destroyer is basically just an inferior version of Galactus, especially if you have Knull.

J1M

Arcane
These comments about Destroyer and Knull make no sense. No card is comparable to Galactus in fun or win rate. I can explain how to play the deck if you want.

? I’m saying Galactus is probably the most powerful card in the game, and Knull only makes it more powerful. Destroyer meanwhile is probably a B, or even C, tier deck in the current meta.

I’m just also pointing out the devs have said it’s highly likely Galactus will see further nerfs.

J1M

Arcane
I view Knull as a "win by more" card, not an essential piece of the deck, though I guess with Leader being changed Knull is less dangerous to play on turn 6.

Rolled the dice and opened my caches since I'm barely clinging on anyway and luck was on my side, got Aero and She-Hulk. Aero seems really nice and obnoxious since I've been fucked by her repeatedly, and She-Hulk just seems cool in a few ways. Might be able to squeeze her in with Death/Wave. Maybe not since Wave's usually turn 5, theoretically making Death 0 cost and She-Hulk would be 2 most likely which... Actually I guess that's fine. Last turn would be 0 Death 2 Shulk 4 mystery meat. Anyway, glad to have her. It's a bummer but understandable her discount is only for the previous turn so no sacrificing the early turns for surprise Hulk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom