Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness It is time: Baldur's Gate 3 vs Starfield

Which is the greatest RPG of our times?

• Baldur's Gate 3

• Starfield

• If I knew this would be the choice in 2023, I would have cut my throat with a broken CD back in 90s

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I’m waiting for Candice deBebe 2024 THE LEGEND CONTINUES!

Lemming42

Arcane
Voted Starfield mostly just because it's so far behind. Both games have very good points and very bad points. BG3 was probably a better experience overall but it's so full of fake reactivity and overly-long dialogue that I don't think I'm gonna replay it much, whereas Starfield might be worth another go in a few months.

When the sheen wears off BG3, you realise you're basically playing something akin to another Dragon Age game, only with infinitely better combat. When the sheen wears off Starfield (if there ever was a sheen), you realise you're playing a very standard Bethesda game with some bad design decisions. Neither of those is a terrible thing to be playing, but both of them don't come anywhere near reaching the potential they could have. Except maybe Act 1 of BG3 which is absurdly good.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
I’m waiting for Candice deBebe 2024 THE LEGEND CONTINUES!

Yes. I'd rather the whole industry go bankrupt and we have the video game equivalent of folk art festival pieces tossed together on a 2000$ budget then whatever the fuck this banal, AAA degeneracy and demoralization propaganda is.

Another Steam game that's in a similar vein is "'Member the Alamo?"

FA7

Educated
I have more fun doing Fresnel and Fraunhofer diffraction integrals than buying and playing Starfield, BG 3 or Diablo 4. All the videos I watched so far, give me awful impressions.
Calculator-controller.jpg

Nice try mom.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I thought you said you weren't going to post here about BG3 anymore. Actually, you basically swore before God that you never would again.

You BEGGED DarkUnderlord to let you back in and swore a blood oath that if you ever even mentioned the word Baldur again that you'd instantly shoot yourself in the face with a double-barreled shotgun.

Given that, are you certain you want to leave that video here?

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
Pls don't remind me Dungeon Lords
I will keep reminding you that we could have had Dungeon Lords 2 if gamers weren't graphics whoring casual cattle. You can still redeem yourself by playing a game where there are no gender fluid gay druids, no ESG shit, sex selection is like selecting a different species with not just stat differences but also exclusive class paths, and more importantly a game that kept the RPG and dungeon crawling parts in an ARPG with a meaningful hand crafted open world. There is still time to go back and play the game that inspired inferior clones like Demon's Souls and re-evaluate it.

635114-4exexq.jpg

635113-3m7duk.jpg
Shame we will never get it now.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I thought you said you weren't going to post here about BG3 anymore. Actually, you basically swore before God that you never would again.

You BEGGED DarkUnderlord to let you back in and swore a blood oath that if you ever even mentioned the word Baldur again that you'd instantly shoot yourself in the face with a double-barreled shotgun.

Given that, are you certain you want to leave that video here?
Yeah go run along and snitch on me. Get me in trouble again. I know that's what you're going to do. But to answer your question, this thread is retarded. Degeneracy put aside, the two games are nothing alike. One is a FPS (a bad one) masquerading as a RPG, and the other is technically a real RPG dragged down by the worst perversions imaginable. Both are obnoxiously woke.

It's just as retarded as any thread I've ever made. If you just looked at the title and not the TC you would guess the TC was me drunk off my ass, so I felt it was appropriate to throw in my two cents. Also I have no reason to believe DU will ever let me out of the basement. He never gives me ideas or realistic goals I can pursue to improve my behavior. It's always shit that I will inevitably fail at, like Star Stable or UT death matches. I need actual guidance. I can't figure out how to work a computer and I would rather kill myself than play a horse MMO.

Also I'm not taking back anything I said in that video. Diablo IV>>>>>>>>BG3 & Starfield. My mom has waited anxiously for years for Starfield. It was her most hyped game ever, and after playing it for a few hours she fucking despises it. I take that personally, Todd.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
One is a FPS (a bad one) masquerading as a RPG, and the other is technically a real RPG dragged down by the worst perversions imaginable. Both are obnoxiously woke.

It's just as retarded as any thread I've ever made.
this 100% and why I didn't vote

gay apple vs trans orange

also it's too early to judge Starfield, we'll have to wait for DLCs/updates and see where mods will take this, already SF has more mods than BG3

9ted6

Educated
Pls don't remind me Dungeon Lords
I will keep reminding you that we could have had Dungeon Lords 2 if gamers weren't graphics whoring casual cattle. You can still redeem yourself by playing a game where there are no gender fluid gay druids, no ESG shit, sex selection is like selecting a different species with not just stat differences but also exclusive class paths, and more importantly a game that kept the RPG and dungeon crawling parts in an ARPG with a meaningful hand crafted open world. There is still time to go back and play the game that inspired inferior clones like Demon's Souls and re-evaluate it.

635114-4exexq.jpg

635113-3m7duk.jpg
Shame we will never get it now.
Feels bad man.

This is why I make these threads (well aside from being in horror about modern gaming): so that SDG and Crispy can beef like in the old days, as God intended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom