Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout How many times have you finished Fallout 1?

How many times have you finished Fallout 1?

• Never played it.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Never finished it.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Once

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Twice

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • 3 times

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • 4 times

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • 5 times

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • 6-10 times

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • 10+ times

• 20+ times

• 30+ times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40+ times

• 50+ times

• 9999 (kc)

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters

Serus

Arcane
Patron
votes aren't public

rambo-pumped.gif

rambo-d-Xl1g-M.gif

giphy-8.gif

tenor.gif

tenor-1289132564.gif

Gargaune

Arcane
Started playing it last year but lost track with other shit. Now I'll have to start over when I have time. It's on my #TODO list.

Disciple

Savant
Completed Fallout 1 three times, Fallout 2 only once (San Francisco kills my desire to revisit the game).

Arbiter

Scholar
*Certain Potato ex-communist prime minister from the 90s would question my manhood because of that. Only Potatoes will understand the joke.

Leszek Miller: a man should not be judged by how he starts, but by how he finishes.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
It was one of those go-to games that I kept playing over and over as it was pretty new at the time, and there was a lot of depth for such a straightforward game, so I said 6-10 times, and in over half those runs. The only thing all runs have in common is siding with Gizmo. I really don't like Killian Darkwater. Sue me!

Arbiter

Scholar
The only thing all runs have in common is siding with Gizmo. I really don't like Killian Darkwater.

I read somewhere that in the original design doc Junktown only had a happy ending if the player sided with Gizmo (to subvert expectations), but developers cucked out and changed it.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Since my first contact with the franchise was Fallout 2, which I finished probably 3 times and played many more times without reaching endgame, I viewed Fallout 1 more as a proof of concept, smaller and shorter than the actual 'real' game. I finished it once, out of curiosity. Still prefer 2 though.
You're not all bad

quaesta

Educated
It was one of those go-to games that I kept playing over and over as it was pretty new at the time, and there was a lot of depth for such a straightforward game, so I said 6-10 times, and in over half those runs. The only thing all runs have in common is siding with Gizmo. I really don't like Killian Darkwater. Sue me!
For me it was shooting the overseer. His idea of me corrupting people in he vault was true, but kicking me out will only create a culture that is antagonistic to the overseer, because their messiah saved them (and let's say, the overseer said I died, you're still going to have people who will want to come out inspired by me). He's just a prick, used me and then for drops me for a dumbass reason.
If he said "you're radiated, you're gonna give us aids or something, please leave" I wouldn't be upset. I probably did get nuclear corpus or something out in the wastes, and him expelling me because of that is reasonable.
Anyways, 20+ when I was a kid, about 3 as an adult. I confess, as a kid I didn't had a lot of games I played a lot, I just replayed games I liked.

None

Scholar
Less times than I've finished Fallout 2. So like 3-4 times.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
The only thing all runs have in common is siding with Gizmo. I really don't like Killian Darkwater.

I read somewhere that in the original design doc Junktown only had a happy ending if the player sided with Gizmo (to subvert expectations), but developers cucked out and changed it.
Interesting concept, but I'm sure that would have been mentioned in the Fallout Bible if it were true.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Interesting concept, but I'm sure that would have been mentioned in the Fallout Bible if it were true.
It's in Fallout Bible #9, interview with Jess Heinig:

Marketing decided at the last minute that we had to "reward good and punish bad," though, so the sequence was changed to its current incarnation.
Fuck marketing :negative:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut

It's in Fallout Bible #9, interview with Jess Heinig:

Marketing decided at the last minute that we had to "reward good and punish bad," though, so the sequence was changed to its current incarnation.
Fuck marketing :negative:
Thanks - it's on page 32 of #9. Just re-read it now.

Reinhardt

Arcane
never finished it. played 2 first and it's just better game. not as good as brotherhood of steel tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom