Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Honkai: Star Rail - It sucks almost as much as mods changing titles

Reinhardt

Arcane
said fgo is more single player than diablo 4. in fgo you "interact" with other people only when you need help and you just pick what you need from the list. no random retards running around in your world.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
said fgo is more single player than diablo 4. in fgo you "interact" with other people only when you need help and you just pick what you need from the list. no random retards running around in your world.
It's wonderful, yeah.

I remember trying SWTOR years ago. The multiplayer is easily the worst part about the game.

Nothing like having your immersion ruined by some random player jumping up and down in front of you on their way to the next quest.

Jackpot

Learned
*Until end of service. And then you lose it all.

The difference being, if your $20000 gacha account goes away, it's a lot worse than if your $15 a month MMO account does.
Of course, the decline of always online games is a separate topic, but that applies to both models as well.

The big difference to me is that only 0.01% of gacha players are actually spending ~$20000 on the game -- most people spend a pittance or nothing at all.
While for MMOs EVERYONE has to CONSTANTLY pay that subscription or get kicked out. If you've actively played a subscription-based MMO for years then you've spent hundreds no matter what.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I almost dropped this after failing to roll the cyberpunk girl. Much seething, salt levels high.

Got her in a final 10 roll a few days later though.

Reinhardt

Arcane
will probably drop it. no new shit to do for months, daily activity is just too boring and "events" are meh.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
will probably drop it. no new shit to do for months, daily activity is just too boring and "events" are meh.
I enjoy the simulated universe thing. It's kind of a relaxing roguelike.

But I agree that they're asking a lot from players to stick around through a dry content patch with only short events to keep them busy. This last one was, what, a single quest worth of story?

I'll probably keep playing occasionally, but I've drastically reduced my playtime since hitting the content wall.

At least games like FGO give you a reason to grind. Something to look forward to. And, if you're into it, the story is more engaging given the higher stakes and the fact that characters can, and usually do, die.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I haven't been playing long enough or grinding hard enough to do that.

I guess there really is a pretty significant lack of content if even someone who started late like me hit the current end of the story a month ago.

Reinhardt

Arcane
ching-chong games are just too grindy and soulless for me after all. maybe will check the other shore when it's released, looks like some dark fantasy, but if it's miss too won't bother with chinese anymore.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I haven't been playing long enough or grinding hard enough to do that.
not helping that higher difficulties in vr are just same shit, only longer, so if you cleared previous stage in afk mode you can do same in next, just with slightly better stats.

only skipped 5th world late stages because my only character to attack boss weaknesses is starting chinese spearman and i never bothered to level him past lvl 60. i think even then i could clear it, but it will be even slower.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
ching-chong games are just too grindy and soulless for me after all. maybe will check the other shore when it's released, looks like some dark fantasy, but if it's miss too won't bother with chinese anymore.

Looks like a dozen fantasy anime got thrown into a blender, starting with Berserk.

Could be neat or could be garbage. Graphically unimpressive, but then most of these 3D games are now that the initial novelty has worn off.

Looks like a dozen fantasy anime got thrown into a blender, starting with Berserk.

I hate how the vast majority of anime games nowadays have such bleh art direction for the characters. They look so interchangeable, so generic, so unmemorable. Same mass produced anime moeface artstyle. Wish there were games that had more distinctive art direction, but there isn't. Valkyria Chronicles 1 had slightly more mature faces and had that nice crosshatch shading. Sadly the 4th games had more generic anime character designs. Granblue Fantasy Relink borrowed some inspiration from VC and has a little bit of crosshatching going on (though the character designs look much more generically anime than VC). Trails eventually developed the rim lighting that makes their characters look a little different, but again very anime character designs. Xenoblade 3 had some nice character lighting flourishes but again very typical shounen anime character designs. And that's it. Rest of the industry is bog standard anime character designs with generic lighting/shaders.

rjMT0HH.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
ching-chongs are most infamous in that department. everyone is same. i remember trying genshin and there is really something like "body type a/body type b/loli body type". then throw in bunch of outfits and hairstyles and done, character design complete.

Reinhardt

Arcane
enough, i think. thought of rolling for kafka when new patch arrives but looks like she won't be in first banner. already too bored doing daily shit.

Reinhardt

Arcane
to finish current available story you need to be ~30 level - it's account level gated.
i'm 62 right now. so basically when they release new smol bit of story content everyone will just finish it in 2-3 hours and go back to soul crushing grind.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Thankfully, there are no furries in the game yet.

Fox girls are not furries. Fox girls are just humans with animal ears and maybe a tail.

Furries have an animal head and fur all over.

XBmWLoX.png

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
train rabbit thingy
I forgot about that. You can't roll on him though. He's just there every time, almost mocking you for not getting a 5 star.

That little bastard gets on my nerves. Why did they give him so many quests that do literally nothing?

Reinhardt

Arcane
so 1.2 released. it says it adds 2 new locations. finished first in ~1,5 hours, including long cutscenes. so 3 hours of new content in 3 months...

Reinhardt

Arcane
i just deleted it around the time of my last post and never looked back. with enough unspent currency to get kafka on board.
easiest game to drop and forget ever.

Vyvian

Educated
1.3 is pretty awful.
I think this is where I hop off the train, wasting so much time on a nothing character as if I was supposed to feel something then ending with a "Well I guess we can leave now... not so fast fuck you wait longer." legit made me seethe a little.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom