Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games to play before I die

Priest

Novice
Silent Hill 1-4. This shit is depressive af and might actually shorten your life even more but you should still play it

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Some of these games listed would make me want to die rather than play them.

Deus Ex, Fallout 1 and Arcanum are the only correct games to play.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I always thought that, before I die, I should play something like Hentai Loli Sister Molestation Simulator on my main Steam account and stream it. But afterwards I better die.

Gamezor

Learned
Life is short, and computer games are a waste of time, you should avoid them. Still, there are a few exceptions like Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar and Alter Ego. Maybe even Darklands and A Legionary's Life.
I sort of made this thread because of that. Like I own or could buy or pirate or emulate any game I want but I want to actually be stimulated or challenged or feel something or care about it instead of just passing time. Like I was playing all this Diablo 3 and realized I’m not sure this is even fun, it’s just lost time.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I can't say EverQuest because it's not available anymore. The versions you can play today are crap. There are some flight sims and another MMO I loved but they are mostly not available anymore either. I'd go with: Dune, Midwinter, Castles, Panza Kickboxing, Mario Kart, Hidden & Dangerous, Slipstream 5000.

Maldoror

Scholar
Fallout 1/2/New Vegas (in that order).
Morrowind.
Arcanum.
Dark Souls 1.

Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 or 3.
Super Mario Bros 3, or World.
Castlevania I, III or Symphony of the Night.

Probably one of the Ultima games. Your choice from I through to VII, or Underworld.
Final Fantasy VI, VII, IX or X.
Chrono Trigger.
Tekken 5.
Worms: Armageddon.
Resident Evil 1 Remake.
Silent Hill 2.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Tetris.

The World Ends With You.
Pokemon Red or Crystal.

To name a few.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
When the OP doesn't even say what kind of games he likes, the whole thread is kind of pointless - just a “my favorite games“ rehash for the 100th time.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Consider you like mgs, splinter cell would be a viable modern setting stealth game.
Thief is the king, but there is not a lot of similarity between mgs and thief when it comes to what people like. There is also stuff like tenchu which gives you plenty of ninja tools.

Dr1f7

Scholar
for me I'd prolly say like

homm3
wc3
sven co-op
resident evil
mario 64
amnesia tdd
pokemon (idk which heartgold maybe)
kotor
dark souls 1
dota

Gamezor

Learned
Well there surely are a lot of good, even great games.... But one which drastically changed, or rather improved, my view of games and which i still remember fondly as a truly outstanding game experience would be Star Control 2.

Another similar awesome game i think is Wizardry 7, but while the latter is probably one of the very best crpgs, i feel that the former one could be enjoyed by a more universal audience, so to speak

This is the more articulate version of what I was going for, and Star Control 2 definitely makes my list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom