Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games of 2009

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Alpha Protocol
Spy-themed action RPG from Obsidian Entertainment, makers of Knights of the Old Republic 2(8.5) and Neverwineter Nights 2 (8.6)

Moar like Neverwiener Nights amirite.

Worm King

Scholar
This Reluctant Hero sounds pretty damn interesting. Is it a hack n slash or something more?

And don't forget that rumor about NWN 2 X3.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Konjad said:
Reluctant Hero: An innovative RPG that follows entire career of your character, till his very death from old age. By makers of Kult:Heretic Kingdoms (74% at Gamerankings)
Fable copy?
It's supposed to have actual C&C.
Worm King said:
This Reluctant Hero sounds pretty damn interesting. Is it a hack n slash or something more?
Lead designer wanted a completely non-violent playthrough to be an option, but I recall publishers not being happy with the idea.

xuerebx

Erudite
Waiting for Disciples III and Age of Decadence.

What do you think of Eschalon Book 1? I might get the game if it's worth it...

EDIT: Playing the demo right now. I think it might get boring later on...

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Vault Dweller said:
Ion Flux said:
Vault Dweller said:
A combat demo should be released in a few months. That would determine the rest.

Will that be a *playable* combat demo? :drool:
Won't be a demo otherwise, would it?

From the forums:

"The demo will be set in the arena district (so you’ll be able to see what AoD towns look and feel like). You’ll fight different opponents, ranging from local scum and captured criminals to professional fighters looking for easy coins and guild recruiters showing off their skills and prowess. You'll fight against single fighters and groups, fast lightly armored opponents and heavy, ironclad juggernauts. That should give you a good feel of the combat and give us plenty of feedback to work with.

You'll earn skill points, improve your skills, loot dead bodies, sell & buy equipment, commission special weapons (you won't be able to craft weapons yourself in the demo), etc. Your opponents aren't random. It's more of a ladder structure and it would be interesting to see how high you'll be able to climb."

I realized that was a dumb question after I posted it. You've already demonstrated combat in videos, so it would have to be playable to be worth even mentioning.

Anyway, cool. This is pretty much the only game I'm really looking forward to this year. Rock on.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I would bet money Diablo 3 won't be out till 2010.

Starcraft 2...yes.

Diablo 3...no.

The only "Fo' Sure" thing on that list for me is AoD. There are several that I will look very closely at though.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This list is missing GotY 2009.

50_Cent_Blood_on_the_Sand.jpg

Fiddy cent gon bust a cap in some ter'rists.

Fucking epic shit, dawg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1J9TMwXvSA

Rhalle

Magister
For the actiony-adventury types :oops::

Project Offset

Alan Wake

Atomic

Augur
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I dont think Diablo 3 will come out this year but its one of the game i will definitely keep and eye on with Eschalon Book 2, Deathspank and AoD.

I never heard of Not the time for Dragons and Warrior epic and that is not necessarily a good sign.

elander_

Arbiter
The amount of quality indie games is amazing. This will be a good year for indie developers.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Rhalle said:
For the actiony-adventury types :oops::

Project Offset

Alan Wake

You won't be seeing any of them any time soon. Probably never since they're vaporware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom