Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Shrimp

Arbiter
I'm actually surprised by how few slider abominations and joke pawns I've seen so far. From all the different characters I saw people create in the demo I was fully prepared for both the rift and the roaming overworld pawns to be filled with meme shit.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
I'm actually surprised by how few slider abominations and joke pawns I've seen so far. From all the different characters I saw people create in the demo I was fully prepared for both the rift and the roaming overworld pawns to be filled with meme shit.
I see a lot of Emilia Clarke most along with Cyberpunk characters or whatever is popular right now.

Reinhardt

Arcane
are night still properly dark? playing dd1 and understand how i missed this. start fighting pack of wolves, half hour later i killed wolves, 2 bandit camps, some lizzurdz, chimera and cyclop because i couldn't see shit and aggroed half of the field.

started training my loli cleric as fighter to carry more shit.

VerSacrum

Educated
are night still properly dark? playing dd1 and understand how i missed this. start fighting pack of wolves, half hour later i killed wolves, 2 bandit camps, some lizzurdz, chimera and cyclop because i couldn't see shit and aggroed half of the field.

started training my loli cleric as fighter to carry more shit.
Yeah but missing that comfy night OST DD1 had.

Barbarian

Arcane
Has anyone tried "Warfarer" yet? How does it play? Thinking of going back and forth between archer/thief on this playthrough and eventually going warfarer to be able to switch back and forth between bow and daggers. Not having ranged attacks as a fighter got really annoying real quick, specially against flying enemies.
People don't seem to be thrilled with it. It has lower stats than the other vocations and being able to use only 3 weapon skills is too limiting. Why bother with being a jack of all trades and master of none when the likes of Thief and Magick Archer can already do well in practically any situation and you have pawns to make up for your weaknesses, anyway? They should have let Warfarers have separate skill sets of 3 skills for each weapon they use instead of 3 in total. The lower stats and inability to use Maister's Teachings would be enough to make it not too overpowered.

What about "core" skills? Can you use all core skills associated with the weapons you carry? Many of the equippable weapon skills are situational anyway and you can equip them at will in any campsite or guild.

It doesn't sound so bad and frankly not being able to whip out a bow and shoot at distant or flying enemies annoys me. Several times as a fighter I had to wait until enemies got within reach in order to do anything. Ditto for not being able to use some kind of melee if enemies get in your face when you are an archer.

It all feels silly considering the type of game this is.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I wish the game wasn't so clearly consolized but what can expect from gooks. Camera and movement feel claustrophobic and sluggish. If the combat required finesse, which it doesn't, this might be a real problem.

Dyet

Novice
Has anyone tried "Warfarer" yet? How does it play? Thinking of going back and forth between archer/thief on this playthrough and eventually going warfarer to be able to switch back and forth between bow and daggers. Not having ranged attacks as a fighter got really annoying real quick, specially against flying enemies.
People don't seem to be thrilled with it. It has lower stats than the other vocations and being able to use only 3 weapon skills is too limiting. Why bother with being a jack of all trades and master of none when the likes of Thief and Magick Archer can already do well in practically any situation and you have pawns to make up for your weaknesses, anyway? They should have let Warfarers have separate skill sets of 3 skills for each weapon they use instead of 3 in total. The lower stats and inability to use Maister's Teachings would be enough to make it not too overpowered.

What about "core" skills? Can you use all core skills associated with the weapons you carry? Many of the equippable weapon skills are situational anyway and you can equip them at will in any campsite or guild.
You can use all the core skills of your currently equipped weapon, yeah.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Anyone get monster spawns inside the capital cities? Even had goblins spawn in front of me while in dialogue.
I think this only happens when there is a ox cart in the town. Monsters are probably not intended to spawn IN the town, but NEAR ox carts.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone get monster spawns inside the capital cities? Even had goblins spawn in front of me while in dialogue.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fuck no. I wish it would happen in my game. That sounds awesome.
Yes. And some neat dialogue between the city guards and pawns while the small goblin invasion event.

The best is: at the following day I heard city NPCs talking about monster invasions in the city.

The game has these great random emergent details that are invaluable

Crayll

Liturgist
I wish the game wasn't so clearly consolized but what can expect from gooks. Camera and movement feel claustrophobic and sluggish. If the combat required finesse, which it doesn't, this might be a real problem.
Did you adjust the camera distance setting? Mine started out zoomed in all the way on my character. It's still too close but maxing that setting helped.

Herumor

Scholar
I realize now I should have posted a screenshot of the skybox in question.

Here, I put it in spoilers since I'm playing in 1440p.

x0q784q.png

Longes

Augur
I am confused as to what the hell happened with Mystic Spearhand and why they decided to name all its skills in Ye Olde Gaelic in localization.
Dragoun's Stabbe deez nuts

Also why they localized it as a "spearhand" when it doesn't use a spear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom