Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence heading for the Big Leagues

Lightknight

Liturgist
All this talk about Torque...
I'm now picking out an engine for my game prototyping, and from what i learned about Torque...it doesnt look that great.

Crappy documentation, the need to use primitive level-building tools with BSP support, serious issues with animation export/import...basically what it means to me is i could do something with the engine, but its so much pain getting actual assets INSIDE the engine that its not even funny.

Oh, and dont throw me that prepared line about Torque community. Community advantage is scratched over with the fact that there might be a lot of useful information and code - but you cant fucking find it in all that mess ! Its like a tornado came through, tore apart all the info and threw the parts all over the world. Eeh...

One engine demo down, six to check.

Lightknight

Liturgist
C4, A7, Virtools, Spring, TV3D...did i forget something ? Oh, and i wanted to check Ogre+plugs for last. That or Neo-Axis which is pretty much the same thing.

I saw some guy say something about a plug for Ogre that lets you send meshes back and forth between Ogre and Max on the fly, or even have Ogre render snippet inside Max to edit terrain, i believe he said...i dont quite remember exact words, so i'll check whatever i find.

hiver

Azael said:
Personally, I just want the damned game to come out before I'm 30. So, that gives them one and a half more years of development. Get to it!

too old now :lol:

Melcar

Arcane
I think I may need to get me some grandkids to play the finished AoD, because by the time it comes out I'll be too fucking senile to enjoy it.

hiver

Its going to be out at the end of this one or beginning of next at the most.

Thats what my mojo tells me.

Wow, you forget how much time has passed. Here's to hoping that if it doesn't get released, that VD and co reveal themselves to be Team Gizka operating under pseudonyms counter-trolling the Codex for revenge long after the original VD, Oscar etc all left AoD (and the Codex forums) to take up developer positions with Bethesda.

Age of Decadence release date:
whenpigsfly.gif

Tails

Arbiter
Mighty Mouse said:
I wonder which will release first?
Alien Swarm: Infestation or AoD.
AoD for sure, since AS:I is a new slave of Valve. Black Cat Games can't even post updates about their project progress, because of NDA or other crap like that, another cool pro of choosing Source Engine over Unreal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom