Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Know of any good Interactive Fiction?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Those Fighting Fantasy books somehow never caught on where I lived as a child so I only came into contact with them as an adult through the internet. And goddamn are they fun if not a bit of a hassle. Then someone here came up with that link to that Dragon game, which totally rocked and was easy to play without having to deal with all sorts of stats and I was hooked. That company also had a few other fun games (although most of them are unfinished) and even hosted a number of neat fanmade ones. All fun but nothing real substantial to waste fill my time with. Through that site I found some fun links with more Interactive Fiction and even a competition which suggests there might be a shitload more of this stuff out there. So, I was wondering, do you know of any good Interactive Fiction?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Cool. I forgot all about alter ego! Thanks for the links. Still, as you said, not that much actual IF such as that Dragon game available now is there?

PS: Cause we can't.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Actual if as typed on a console, IF adventures.

There's, like, a lot.

The choice of games have stats - and they matter the most actually.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Those 'choice of' games are incredibly fun to play and are basically follow the mold of those old 'fighting fantasy' books. Shame there seem to be so few online.

Flanged

Scholar
Trash said:
Those Fighting Fantasy books somehow never caught on where I lived as a child so I only came into contact with them as an adult

Heh, he came back! I figured after he had a kid we'd never get past Deathtrap Dungeon, but I was wrong. Think it's Creature of Havoc next. Fuck yeah! Bet he won't get far in it, but the intro story alone should be good for a laugh.

That Island of the Lizard King one is top quality. Fuckin' Mungo!

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
1+ for Anchorhead...but...i dont see textmode adventures as interactive fiction, since they do have a challenge aspect to them.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
There are gamebooks, which is what Trash was talking about, and Text Adventures/Interactive Fiction.

For digital gamebooks there seems not to be much else than Lone wolf and Fabled Lands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom