Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Top 10 Things in Fallout 3 that sucks says the unbias me.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Top 10 Things in Fallout 3 that sucks says the unbias me.

Spoilers!

1) Super mutants.

supermutant.jpg

"When I'm not shooting at you, I'm scratching my arse and sniffing my fingers."

Super mutant? What kind of dumb name is that? What's next? Ultra mutant?
Super Duper Mutant?

Imagine this:

"Guys, our caravan was just wiped out by a bunch of ugly giant mutant beings."
"Oh noes! Whatever shall we call these horrific mutants?"
"How about.... Mutanoids?"
"Erm. Wouldn't something like super mutant sound better?"

Best naming ever since Jerry Siegel came up with Superman. Even the Antagonizer is better.

Not to mention that super mutants are just orcs with guns. But then, most orcs are smarter than the average super mutant you meet. Other than the one or two who are capable of intelligent speech, the rest are just XP.

supermutantdraft.jpg

Concept art for an orc, oops I meant super mutant.

toddhoward.jpg

Todd Howard: In Fallout 3 there will be an "unlimited number of super mutants." He added that super mutants will "be dynamically generated, and will be able to attack you almost anywhere.”

Hello? Super mutants are suppose to be rare creatures, infertile and limited by the amount of FEV and humans they can capture. Meeting super mutants everywhere will turn what should be epic battles into non-epic battles. But knowing Bethesda, an epic battle consists of one or two soldiers recruited from each town with a pre-battle speech, voiced by somebody famous

2) The Brotherhood Of Steel.

bosknight.jpg

"the scribes develop technology, the knights build it, and the paladins use it."

Did 10 year olds come with with these terms? I guess since we already have orcs, we can have knights and paladins... With guns!

bosshoulder.jpg

Just look at those shoulder pads.

It even gets a mention in TVtropes: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... dersOfDoom

rhombus.jpg

"Stuff? I could teach you how to fight...if you had any ability."

Can you teach me which works better against shoulder pads, 5.56 JHP or 5.56 AP?

3) Dumb AI.

raider.jpg

"You have power armour and m249? I'll kill you with my baseball bat!"

*Facepalm*

4) Map.

map.jpg

Using this mapping application on the Pip-Boy 2000 nearly had me dropping my monocle in disgust! Just because the game is retro futuristic doesn't mean you can't design better maps than that horrible green mess. :obviously:

5) Vaults.

vault.jpg

Vault exhibition in The Museum Of Technology.

Fallout 3 vaults have special themes. One with psychoactive gas pumped to their inhabitants, one with a cloning lab, one for testing white noise-based system for implanting combat-oriented posthypnotic suggestions.

Wut?

"the real reason for the existence of these Vaults was to run experiments on pre-selected segments of the population to see how they react to the stresses of isolation and how successfully they recolonize Earth after the Vault opens." - fallout.wikia

fallout_1_sm.jpg

Yep, they even have a comic for it.

Also Bush did 9/11. :mca:

Why couldn't we play vault 69? Bethesda don't you know your target audience?

And which vault is the one with Cleve?

6) Radiation.

ghoul.jpg

An NPC ghoul shopkeeper.

Being exposed to radiation doesn't necessary kill you. No, it turns you into an immortal ghoul, occasionally a glowing one. Some of these ghouls have been around since before the war.

Not that you will ever turn into a ghoul. Cos, get this, you can take Rad-X to prevent radiation poisoning and take Rad-away to cure radiation poisoning. Way to dumb down the dangers of radiation poisoning Bethesda. Did they steal this from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

STALKERCS.jpg

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. best thing to come out of Ukraine since Skyway.

7) Gore.

algore.jpg

*Unfortuantely, this is a child friendly forum and I cannot post gore pictures*

Heads explode, limbs fly, bodies disintegrate. Wow! Killing the Vault Overseer with the Bloody Mess trait never gets old.
It's like the game is made by THE BUTCHER, while playing DOOM and simultaneously watching SAW.

This is the new SHIT.

8) Stimpaks.

stim.jpg

The game allows you to open your inventory and use as many stimpaks as you like. Yep, you can heal yourself to full health just by going into the inventory while the game waits for you to pump yourself full of healing potions.

Darklands.png

Excuse me Satanists while I enter my inventory screen and drink 10 Essence Of Graces.

9) Bottle caps.

cap.jpg

Standard Nuka-Cola bottle caps featuring 21 crimps and ridges, used as the basic form of currency throughout many of the American wastes.

Yes sir, in the post apocalyptic wasteland, the survivors use bottle caps as currency. So lets say, if I came across a bottling plant or a Nuka-Cola delivery truck, I will be stinking rich!

10) Skills that don't make sense.

energy.jpg

We have Small Guns, Big Guns and Energy Weapons. You can be a super sniper with a rifle but can't hit a super mutant with a laser rifle or a missile launcher? Do they require totally different set of skills?

jagged.jpg

Why not lump everything together and call it Marksmanship? (After all axes and blunts go together right?) Or is a high number of skills really awesome because you can replay the game with a different weapon each time? How about splitting Medicine into Doctor, First Aid and Nursing? You can be really good at doctoring but can't even apply basic first aid. Sorry Bethesda but I prefer my games to be more of a cerebral nature. More skills =| better.

Thanks for listening children! Tune in next time where I will go through the Top 10 reasons why Fallout (yes the first one) sucks.

RPGMaster

Savant
Number one on your list should be hookers.

I pay hookers 100 caps or something and she goes to sleep while I lay beside her. What a fucking rip.

Even BioWare sex is better than this shit.

:x

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Codex I am saddened, don't I get KKK for bashing FO3? Even those points that are stolen from fellow Codexers? :( :( :(

Some of which even get on the Codex articles. :(

And we all loved them. :(

I am merely trying to copy their humour. :(

Isn't it funny to laugh at super mutants that look like orcs? :(

Isn't it funny to laugh at stupid AI? :(

Isn't it funny to laugh at stupid attempts at wit? :(

:( :( :(

Repressed Homosexual
The worst of all by far is the looting.

Fallout 3 is not a game about having an adventure in a post-nuclear world, it's a game about looking over every nook and cranny of the environment, to then inspect drawers, corpses, ovens, mailboxes, machinery, and pick up random stuff from them. For HOURS on end.

My head hurts just thinking about it.

Gord

Arcane
Mighty Mouse said:
Codex I am saddened, don't I get KKK for bashing FO3? Even those points that are stolen from fellow Codexers? :( :( :(

Some of which even get on the Codex articles. :(

And we all loved them. :(

I am merely trying to copy their humour. :(

Isn't it funny to laugh at super mutants that look like orcs? :(

Isn't it funny to laugh at stupid AI? :(

Isn't it funny to laugh at stupid attempts at wit? :(

:( :( :(

I hear you bro, this place can be so mean sometimes!

spekkio

Arcane
10/10 Since all 10 apply to the whole Fallout Trilogy (Tetralogy?)

:troll:

Thread ruined.

:yeah:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
TheUnFlickable said:
1000 to 1 odds. i bet you no woman would kill a man she couldn't have if that means no other man would be ..

wait why did they just have sex with the man and then the boy children?

Have you ever been to vegas, Prosper?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Exquisite troll post in the OP.

:bravo:

(though the fallout 1 super mutants were actually as intelligent as before being dipped).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom