Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 Mod - PC Class Group Poll

Which General Class for the PC?

• Melee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arcane

• Divine (KofC)

• Total voters

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Well I might as well leave it up to you all. For years I played arcane classes whenever I had the chance. Recently I changed over to melee classes. When I conceived the idea for this mod I had a story about a low magic setting where the PC would be a non magic using class. Arcane and Divine magic would be limited. Thinking about it I could change the story to drive an arcane based character.

I think if you want to craft a strong character based story you need to know what general type of character the PC will be playing. If you are a company with dozens (or hundreds) of people working on a project you can cover all bases. I sure as hell cannot.

So what will it be people - Arcane or Melee?

Melee Classes:

Barbarian
Fighter
Monk
Rogue
Swashbuckler

Arcane Classes:

Sorcerer
Warlock
Wizard
Bard

Divine Classes:
Fairy
Butt Pirate
Ass Wrangler
Sword Swallower
Jaeson

Choose one and don't whine about making all the classes playable. My mod my parameters.

Edit: Paladins are never going to be an option and Rangers don't fit the story.

Edit2: Humans/Half-Elves only. Deal with it.

soggie

Educated
Having the PC play as a kensai would be fun... if said kensai is actually useful in combat.

Cassidy

Arcane
Rogue is my favorite class because it has the greatest potential for finding non-combat based solutions to quests. However, I have a liking for Rogue/Wizard combos like the Arcane Trickster.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well if You want a low magic setting why not include warlocks? Those are not much better than archers anyway.

And the PC could be any class really, but voted arcane since I always play mages.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Voted for Arcane, so that the story motivation for the character is not the typical kill/save-people/get-gold/buy-equipment genericism in the warrior archetype and a lot of stories also focus on the divine and prophecy and all that crap. Arcane would let the story delve into mysteries and knowledge.

J1M

Arcane
I propose a 3rd category:
Bard
Rogue
Swashbuckler

Basically melee characters with some social smarts and interesting skills. Just downplay the magical aspects of the bard. Though really instead of a bard you'd probably want a bard variant unless the party is at least 4 people since they buff others.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
J1M said:
I propose a 3rd category:
Bard
Rogue
Swashbuckler

Basically melee characters with some social smarts and interesting skills. Just downplay the magical aspects of the bard. Though really instead of a bard you'd probably want a bard variant unless the party is at least 4 people since they buff others.

The problem is there are not a lot of sub-class variants in NWN2 and I have no desire to make custom classes. So Bards will always have a significant arcane slant.

edit: Any prestige classes are going to have a custom feat associated with them. This way no one can become a Red Dragon Disciple or Weapon Master without some sort of effort beyond meeting the minimum requirements.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Mangoose said:
Voted for Arcane, so that the story motivation for the character is not the typical kill/save-people/get-gold/buy-equipment genericism in the warrior archetype and a lot of stories also focus on the divine and prophecy and all that crap. Arcane would let the story delve into mysteries and knowledge.

As I have been going over the story in my head (revenge/redemption) the arcane class is fitting more and more into it.

Good thing the Codex is full of nerds who wanted to grow up to be wizards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom