Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst moment in a cRPG

Angthoron

Arcane
Seeing there's a Best Moment in an RPG thread, this felt like a natural addition.

So, what would you consider the worst moment in RPGs? The moment that made you rage and say, "Hey, fuck this, I'll rather read Andhaira threads" or something similar?

I'll start with a recent example - Dragon Age, the point after which I ragequit and haven't launched the piece of crap again. (Well, no, I tried again and got to the brothel, at which point I just went fffuuuuuuu once more)

It was the bringing of the mysterious shipment to a mysterious door in Denerim Marketplace. The quest sets up a mystery. Things are mysterious. I brought the box to the door, and what happens? Why, it talks to me, takes the box and gives me coins! It gave me two lines and shut off the quest! And that's it?. I was already getting sick of side-quests that weren't even properly written, but that just stole the crown and filled my cup of bile to the point of spilling. MMOs have better post-quest fluff, for crying out loud.

So what are your worst moments?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
007-birth.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
SEWERS IN BLOODLINES FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:RAGE:

Other than that there wasn't really anything special.

Suchy

Arcane
Starting up Diablo for the first and only time, expecting it to be something like Ultima 8...

catfood

AGAIN
The trial in NWN 2. I thought I would be repayed for all my hard work that I've done on the investigation. What shit game design. If Obsidian wanted to kill Lorne they should have at least added him as a boss fight at the end of random dungeon #34132.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Konjad said:

I just realized in my last playthrough, that the sewers has respawning monsters before entering the nosferatu stronghold.
You know in case you miss the keycard and need to go get it again, you can fight the same (awful) fight 4 times!

visions

Arcane
Konjad said:

I liked the sewers, they looked cool and I liked fighting in the sewers more than I liked fighting in several other places in the game. I liked the enemies too.

My worst moment: getting out of Neverwinter in NWN OC and finding out that instead of wilderness and exploration similar to Baldurs Gate, I got "Hey, you need to find 3 bits of information out of four on some shit, and guess what, there are 4 possible roads out of town, wonder what you'll have to do now?
Answer: Pick any of the roads and you'll soon randomly stumble upon the shit that you are looking for, repeat couple of times, then start the whole process again in the next chapter etc...

:rage:

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Everything after Barcelona in Lionheart.

Alternatively, engaging in combat the first time in Lionheart.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Walking out of the vault in F3 and seeing the wasteland. God damn uninspired no-talent bethesda assholes.

Also, all of the NPC's in Dragon Age. I really wanted the game to be interesting and had high hopes for the writing (for some reason). It turned out to be fan and teenage-pandering bullshit of the highest degree.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
NWN OC abused the "rule of four" that you found in their later games. Chapter 1: find four creatures in the four districts around the center of Neverwinter. Chapter 2: find informations about the mysterious cult in four locations around Port Llast. Chapter 3: find the four Artifacts o' Power in the four locations around the starting village.

Did they also keep that in their latest games like ME or DA?

Micmu

Magister
Gragt said:
NWN OC abused the "rule of four" that you found in their later games. Chapter 1: find four creatures in the four districts around the center of Neverwinter. Chapter 2: find informations about the mysterious cult in four locations around Port Llast. Chapter 3: find the four Artifacts o' Power in the four locations around the starting village.

Don't know about the ME, but DA, absolutely. The goal (and the awesome plot!!1) was to gather four armies to defeat the Final Bad Dragon!

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
micmu said:
Gragt said:

Don't know about the ME, but DA, absolutely. The goal (and the awesome plot!!1) was to gather four armies to defeat the Final Bad Dragon!

ME was also visit 4 planets to find information about saren and the reapers as well iirc.

Felix said:
cliffracerswarm.jpg
:codexrage:

Ahahah... ditto! :twisted:

In recent rpgs my most rage moment was the final boss fight of DA. I practically endured an entire fucked game to gather ineffective and irrelevant NPC allies against a retardedly easy and silent, soulless captain badass dragon. The entire experience didn't differ from the first fight I had in the game killing dwarves in the arena approach-wise.

Angthoron

Arcane
Might & Magic 9 was another horrid moment. I read the articles and heard people's opinions, I thought I'd be prepared for a horrid game with some features I could just ignore and enjoy the game as it was.

Think I uninstalled it before leaving the first area. The disks weren't mine so I didn't smash them with a hammer, but I was pretty close to some uncontrollable fit of rage event.

coaster

Liturgist
Melissan.JPG

This upstart shrew is the final fucking boss? I WANT TO FIGHT BHAAL GODDAMMIT SON VERSUS FATHER LIKE DARTH AND LUKE IN EMPIRE

Spoilers, duh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom