Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age animu

Fyz

Scholar
There's an idiom that says:
If Mohammed won't come to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed

The folks at Bioware also like idioms, so after seeing that their efforts at trolling jrpg devs at westernizing their games have proven fruitless, they have decided to japanize themselves with the aid of FUNimation Entertainment.
Source: http://www.ea.com/news/anime-movie-deal ... -franchise

Incline or decline?
Discuss!

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Moray said:
Xor said:
Don't see how it could get any worse.

It degenerates into a pseudo-hentai movie?

...Or would that in some backwards way be an improvement?

That would totally be :incline:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
FUNi?

So it's not going to be crazy Japshit anime, it's just going to be American anime.

Not expecting any real lulz here unless it turns out like He-Man and the Masters of the Universe or something.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Seth Schiesel of The New York Times described the game as “…perhaps the best electronic game made yet.”

quote from the article. :lol:

What anime has FUNimation Entertainment done? Too lazy to google...

Jaesun said:
All I know is that they are releasing those new Evangelion movies stateside because I own the first one.

Drakron

Arcane
Jaesun said:

None, they license it.

I doubt the Japanese Studios care, even if we had things like Halo Anime I really doubt Dragon Age is much of a blip on the Japanese Market and that means someone must be footing the bill.

I know *a lot* of games get a anime adaptations (Valkyrie Chronicles got one) but its more of a byproduct of merchandising, there does not seem to be much of money being made by Anime series alone (fun fact, Code Geass was done as a attempt to show a anime "original" -meaning not based on existing material- and even after its success -the elevens have no taste- they barely take chances on originals) but of merchandising, the mainstream thing in Japan is still Manga with Anime being fringe.

No idea how the fuck they think there will be a Anime of a western game that is not being funded by a western company, then again most of the grunt work its done in Korea anyway (like Avatar. The Last Airbende) and people still call Twilight comic a "manga" despite being made by a Korean (Young Kim) as the weeaboo for Korean comics is "Manhwa", of course that is IF it was being published on a Korean publication and not Yen Press.

... I will shut up now about the Dragon Age Cartoon.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Luzur said:
Mikayel said:
Donkey Balls said:
random anime

You mean the gore or the pedophilia?

isnt that the one with girls with big tits and alot of awkward moments?
Aye

[Edit]: Anyway, Elfen Lied was D&D in anime adaption. Absolute generic D&D stuff. I don't remember any sex or overmuch violence. At least it wasn't as crappy as the american D&D cartoon. Are you guys sure you're not mistaking it for Dragon Knight?

Arcanoix

Scholar
Is it irony that I was watching DBZ clips a minute ago? :lol: Anyways, something about this burns me a bit inside. I do remember there was a short anime based off of Fire Emblem, and it was decent. I was young and stupid then, so maybe that is why Dragon Age as an anime just doesn't seem...right? I don't know. We'll see, I guess.

Maybe it's Dragon Age 2 *isn't* coming? :(

CONCEPT ART -- Found :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLoi01RHcFg

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
If they are making an anime they should go with Mass Effect, not another fantasy shit.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Shannow said:
Luzur said:
Mikayel said:
Donkey Balls said:
random anime

You mean the gore or the pedophilia?

isnt that the one with girls with big tits and alot of awkward moments?
Aye

[Edit]: Anyway, Elfen Lied was D&D in anime adaption. Absolute generic D&D stuff. I don't remember any sex or overmuch violence. At least it wasn't as crappy as the american D&D cartoon. Are you guys sure you're not mistaking it for Dragon Knight?

You have no idea what Elfen Lied is, do you? D&D animu adaption? Lol wut?

Drakron

Arcane
Shannow said:
[Edit]: Anyway, Elfen Lied was D&D in anime adaption. Absolute generic D&D stuff. I don't remember any sex or overmuch violence.

You dont remember period.

The only "D&D animu" are Record of Lodoss War and Rune Solider, maybe Slayers andr some other "fantasy" based series, Elfen Lied is not in any sense close to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom