Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zeno Clash is out

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Fuck year restarted steam and it's now decrypting it so I can play it. This is for those who pre-ordered and pre-loaded it btw.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
As far as visual style is concerned, it's definitely one of the most unnervingly original games I have seen in a while.
People seem to enjoy it, I guess it'll be worth buying.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
just steam, or actually someplace decent like gamersgate or impulse?

So what the fuck is this game about anyway? All I've seen is some cartoon mutants punching each other(with no visible damage system/blood).

Sounds like RPG Codex's next best game

I guess it's a step up for you guys from mybrute. A very small step, and you still have about ten klicks to Bejeweled, but I believe in you!

(not)

Panthera

Scholar
I love this game because of how beautiful the art is, because of how well the melee combat works, and because I love games that do unusual things from a first person perspective.

Turok

Erudite
Panthera said:
I love this game because of how beautiful the art is, because of how well the melee combat works, and because I love games that do unusual things from a first person perspective.

The game got any good story?

You look more like a arcade gamer...

Panthera

Scholar
The story actually does seem pretty good and original so far.

I'm an everything gamer, leaning towards strategy and wargames.

MetalCraze

Arcane
So basically this is another game where beautiful art ruined by terrible gameplay a la PainKiller?
aka you're closed in the box and the game throws similar enemies at you again and again, after than you move to another box and the game again throws monsters at you, then you move to another box again and again and then the game ends because it's short.
No thanks I'll pass.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
skyway said:
So basically this is another game where beautiful art ruined by terrible gameplay a la PainKiller?
aka you're closed in the box and the game throws similar enemies at you again and again, after than you move to another box and the game again throws monsters at you, then you move to another box again and again and then the game ends because it's short.
No thanks I'll pass.

Hilarious. I love this about Skyway. Explain what sucks about a game after only reading a handfull of posts on it and never even playing it himself.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I actually get this from a guy who currently plays the game. He enjoys it though, but says it's p. much like that (the game levels are closed arenas where you fight bunch of enemies that game throws at you), although it's a fun fighting game, but most of his comments are about how beautiful the art and graphics are.
I've also read a review which is pretty much in the same tone.

Panthera

Scholar
Well, yes. That's what it's about. It's a fun fighting game. How does that make it bad?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
skyway said:
No thanks I'll pass.

It's a fighting game like Double Dragon or Streets of Rage (except first person). What exactly did you expect?

MetalCraze

Arcane
It looked like an action game that looked more like a shooter with nice art from the trailer that I watched. But a beat'em up in 1st person where you just run around the closed "arena" fighting guys? No it doesn't look like fun at all.

From the Pirate Bay:

I'm one of the developers of Zeno Clash. I would appreciate you read this if you are about to download this file.

Zeno Clash is an independently funded game by a very small and sacrificed group of people. The only way in which we can continue making games like this (or a sequel) is to have good sales.

I am aware that at this moment there is still no demo of the game, but we are working on one which will be available soon.

We cannot do anything to stop piracy of the game (and honestly don't intend to do so) but if you are downloading because you wish to try before you buy, I would ask that you purchase the game (and support the independent game development scene) if you enjoy it. We plan on updating Zeno Clash with DLC and continuing support for the game long after it's release.

Thanks for taking the time to read this... hopefully it will make a difference.

Carlos Bordeu
ACE Team

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
skyway said:
another game where beautiful art ruined by terrible gameplay a la PainKiller?

107095d1240017759-animated-gif-thread-moshpit_windmill.gif

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Satori said:
From the Pirate Bay:

I'm one of the developers of Zeno Clash. I would appreciate you read this if you are about to download this file.

Zeno Clash is an independently funded game by a very small and sacrificed group of people. The only way in which we can continue making games like this (or a sequel) is to have good sales.

I am aware that at this moment there is still no demo of the game, but we are working on one which will be available soon.

We cannot do anything to stop piracy of the game (and honestly don't intend to do so) but if you are downloading because you wish to try before you buy, I would ask that you purchase the game (and support the independent game development scene) if you enjoy it. We plan on updating Zeno Clash with DLC and continuing support for the game long after it's release.

Thanks for taking the time to read this... hopefully it will make a difference.

Carlos Bordeu
ACE Team

Successfully guilt tripped me, I was wondering whether to pirate or not :(
Still, £15 for a four hour game... bleh. I'll wait for it to come down in price a bit, at least.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
Successfully guilt tripped me, I was wondering whether to pirate or not :(
Still, £15 for a four hour game... bleh. I'll wait for it to come down in price a bit, at least.

Well, the game is slightly longer than that if you play it on Hard. Also, there is the Challenge Mode which is hard as balls on Normal already. Don't even want to know how fucking hard it is on Hard. One of the challenge rooms pits you against
every single boss in the game. Even the last one.
Beating that challenge might take a while since you can't just get there instantaniously. You have to clear like 4 rooms before getting there, and you only get healed like 50% of your health each time you clear a room.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom