Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum post-patch bug

Yeah, I don't really know if this is the place to post this but I'm having a problem with Arcanum. I'm getting regular dialogue choices with certain people, but no matter what I respond they always attack me. And this isn't, like...Bandits or anything.

For instance, Madam Lil. Here are the choices I get when I greet her.

"And might you be Madam Lil?"
"You the Madam?"
"I'd like to be trained as an expert in persuasion."
"I mus depart."

Every single one of those results in her and her girls attacking me.

I don't know what to do at this point. I had the same problem with the melee expert and some gnome in a bar in Tarant. They just keep attacking me for no reason even though I'm perfectly pleasant to them. Has anybody else encountered this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Edit: My perception is also a red seven, but I've checked and I don't have any injuries or curses.

I upgraded to the last official patch, then to the latest unofficial patch.

Edit: I'm having this problem with J.M. Morat and Madam Lil's half ogre bouncer, too.

Well, it finally happened; the glitch broke my game. I saved after winning the arena fights. Now I I can't complete the game because "Can I come in now? I was victorious in the arena." is apparently an insult to Ogden and requires that I be killed.

drunkpriest

Scholar
You must summon forth the Master Of Arcaum, you have to be level 3 to do this.

Well I used a character editor to max my beauty and charisma right off the bat, since I heard that I might miss out on some quests otherwise.

And how do I repair my install?

MetalCraze

Arcane
And you ask that question? Because you've heard? What was wrong with developing th character as you go?

Well, I usually like to play a diplomatic character but every FAQ told me if I tried to pull that I'd get stabbed, shot and pissed on before even getting to Tarant.

Plus I was still steamed from Fallout 2 where I missed out on a couple of quests just because I wasn't pretty enough or whatever.

Well, I'm already at black isle and have done absolutely every sidequest I'm allowed at this point (barring Madam Lil's, for obvious reasons). I don't mind powering my guy down if that's what it takes, but I'd like to know if that's even the problem first. One thing I've noticed is that when people blow up at me after innocuous dialogue choices is that they usually call me a thieving bastard etc. Sometimes, not always. I'm going to try putting a Fate Point into pickpocketing to see what happens.

And how do I fix my install?

Edit: Nope. Put a fate point into pickpocketing and another one in force good reaction but neither worked.

Edit 2: Powered my guy down and I still got attacked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom