Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - should've called it Forsaken Fans

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods

The folks at RPGWatch <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=113&ref=0&id=330">don't like Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Should have called it 'Forsaken Fans'. It has been pointed out that I shouldn't waste so many words on a crappy game - and I will follow that advice and not bury my lead: Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods is a crappy game that none but the most rabid Gothic fan should bother playing and no one at all should part with full price to get.
<br>
[...]
<br>
Back to that first discussion - had it not been for the awful load times I would have repeated the conversation immediately to confirm what I heard. The next time I played I did restart a new game just to check and confirmed that I heard three different voices for the nameless hero. Two were the same person I believe - but sounded like they were recorded separately and out of context. That is not the only time it happened - in fact it seemed to occur all over the place. It was one thing to have it occur occasionally in the Night of the Raven expansion to Gothic 2, because there they were patching a few new lines in here or there with existing content. Here we have an entirely new game, so it just feels wrong having the entire game feel like someone played a game of 'cut & paste the audio'.</blockquote>
<br>
Well, it did work for Oblivion... Final score is "well forget all that because it's awesome!". Oh sorry, I mean 1/5.
<br>
<br>
Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">GameBanshee</a>

Humanophage

Arcane
It was given to a second-rate Indian developer. I find it difficult to swallow that a worthy series like Gothic, even in its worst incarnation, would be treated by anyone in such a manner.

Lazy brown apes rape
A decayed Aryan corpse.
Behold our future.

Amateur

Novice
Forget it,

Main story sucks, dialuges sucks, combat sucks so 4/5 for FO3.

I don't give a .... about these reviews anymore...

denizsi

Arcane
The next time I played I did restart a new game just to check and confirmed that I heard three different voices for the nameless hero. Two were the same person I believe - but sounded like they were recorded separately and out of context. That is not the only time it happened - in fact it seemed to occur all over the place.

They drew inspiration from award-winning genre-redefining Oblivion, obviously.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom