Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What do you want to happen in 2009, but know it won't?

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
1. Dragon Age is released. The story manages to be worse than the novel, but the combat's fun and it's a satisfying game.

2. Modders make a total conversion of Fallout 1 in the Fallout 3 engine. Bethesda suppresses it, but it's all over the torrent sites and becomes an internet sensation, with edgy bloggers (who don't mind saying they played pirated software) saying it's even better than Fallout 3 by Bethesda. Old PC games get more attention as a result.

3. Jagged Alliance 3 is actually released, doesn't suck.

4. Age of Decadence is actually released, doesn't suck.

5. Alpha Protocol is a box office failure and is slammed worse than SoZ in reviews, causing Obsidian to make NWN3 with George Ziets as lead developer.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Jaime Lannister said:
5. Alpha Protocol is a box office failure and is slammed worse than SoZ in reviews, causing Obsidian to close doors and leave the gaming scene for good.

*crosses fingers*

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Richard Garriott gets a sudden strike of genius and starts making single player RPGs again instead of MMO shit.

The New Legacy: The Watchtower is actually a real game and not just a very elaborate trolling effort.

Grimoire is released at the same time as Duke Nukem Forever. Both games are fucking awesome and revolutionize their genre.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Alpha Protocol turns out to be a cool game, as predicted, and the Codex finally shuts the fuck up.

EDIT: Obsidian announces a cRPG based on Changeling: The Lost. Nerdgasms ensue.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1. RPGCodex bans trolls and is no more ruined by spam.

2. All mainstream RPGs turns out to be a shit even to mainstream players and they lost interests in this genre.

3. Troika Games ressurection.

PennyAnte

Liturgist
The White Wolf: Platinum Enhanced. But that won't be until 2010, so we won't see a Witcher 1.75 or 2.0 until 2011 or later.

And, the next Wticher game won't have someone with a cheesy accent say: "Oi! Witcha!" ... I wish that would not happen, but I know it will.

racofer

Thread Incliner
What? No!
I've already promised to get intestine cancer so I can bleed on Jarl's mouth while we do tubgirl(guy) part 2.

Project: Eternity
Racial Holy War and the final destruction of the Jewish Illuminati world conspiracy BLARGH BLARGARGL HEIL SEIG FUR UBER ALLE DER JUDEN EWRGETHERTHRTEH"§$%§$%§$%§WERTHWRTHRWTH§$T&WQ§$E%ZGE$23452345324512124!11111!!!!!!

Jaime Lannister said:
1. Dragon Age is released. The story manages to be worse than the novel, but the combat's fun and it's a satisfying game.

This, but the story doesn't totally suck.

2. Modders make a total conversion of Fallout 1 in the Fallout 3 engine. Bethesda suppresses it, but it's all over the torrent sites and becomes an internet sensation, with edgy bloggers (who don't mind saying they played pirated software) saying it's even better than Fallout 3 by Bethesda. Old PC games get more attention as a result.

I'd prefer a rogue group of modders taking the Van Buren design documents and demo, and finishing it up. Then have the real Fallout 3 finally be released.

3. Jagged Alliance 3 is actually released, doesn't suck.

This.

4. Age of Decadence is actually released, doesn't suck.

This, but substitute "doesn't suck" for "fucking rocks". Also I can hope that it would give Iron Tower enough sales to continue making games, and maybe get that colony ship game going.

5. Alpha Protocol is a box office failure and is slammed worse than SoZ in reviews, causing Obsidian to make NWN3 with George Ziets as lead developer.

This. I'm not too happy with Obsidian regurgitating Bethesda style PR lines, and making Mass Effect...not in space, while simultaneously trying to convince RPG fans that it's an RPG first and foremost, while saying to other groups it's more shooter than RPG. That's totally not a way to alienate a lot of people while creating a product that tries to appeal to everyone but is considered good by no one. Totally....

You pretty much covered most of the things I'd want to happen in some way. Get outta my head damnit.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Hümmelgümpf said:
Alpha Protocol turns out to be a cool game, as predicted, and the Codex finally shuts the fuck up.

EDIT: Obsidian announces a cRPG based on Promethean: The Created and gets Grant Morrison to write a script. Nerdgasms ensue.
Fixed.

Tails

Arbiter
1. ZeniMax closes Bethesda studio.
2. 2K Games makes proper X-COM sequel without shitty DRM.
3. Whatever.

Diablo 3 is released and improves greatly upon D2 whilst adding slight RPG elements.

AoD is released and delivers on all the game-play promises.

A great FO3 mod is made. (Modders must be MW or FO1+2 fans.)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A new Emperor arises and leads Germany to a new age of glory and majesty.
And creates a lot of oldskool hardkore RPGs with the help of state funds [which means: taxpayers' money].

Wish me luck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom