Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Springsteen RPG

Chefe

Erudite
Due to a case of severe designer's block in regards to American Hare, I decided to start another project that will co-exist with my current ambitions.

In the year 1200 you, Bruce Springsteen, must stop the evil wizard Kurt Cobain from constructing the Nirvana Machine, turning the entire world into mindless zombies and destroying music! Travel to an alternate fantasy universe where guitars are magical and Pat Benatar wears a chainmail bikini.

Ten different classes
Party based gameplay
Turn based combat
Choices and consequences

Thoughts?

GeneralSamov

Prophet
Include the streets of Philadelphia and music playing in dark alleys, where you can dance to regenerate health. Your main objective shall be "get into the secret garden".

:D

Jason

chasing a bee
Springsteen RPG takes place in an alternate fantasy universe where magic exists alongside huge monsters and other such devices. As for gameplay, I like the JRPG style on paper, but it really needs work in execution. This is a problem I intend to solve by creating a CRPG/JRPG hybrid.
Before you get all ambitious and shit, try throwing together a mockup using RPG Maker. Think along the lines of Charles Barkley: Shut Up & Jam.

Chefe

Erudite
Springsteen RPG entered a black hole and has ceased to exist.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
QUEST: Conan O'Brien is not pleased that Max Weinberg asks for so much time off the show just so he can go touring with you! He sends his ninjas to deal with you! Better watch out...

edit: don't quit!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I took over the design docs and will make Y! - A Furry Adventure out of it. The character creation will be lots of fun.

Chefe

Erudite
I rescued Springsteen RPG from the black hole and stole back the design docs from Jasede.

Main party members

David Sancious
29msp6p.jpg

David lived in Belmar all his life, frequently holding odd jobs, and is a regular entertainer at the E Street Pub. Proficient in a myriad of instruments, he has a natural knack for the groove. A few years ago he had a life like dream where he witnessed a musical prodigy playing against a backdrop of angels. If he could only get out of Belmar, he'd go search for that person.

Garry Tallent
161fcxl.jpg

Sancious' long time buddy, Garry Tallent calls himself the manager of Belmar's social scene and makes sure all patrons pay their dues.

Clarence Clemons
e0lf1u.jpg

The Big Man of the Northland region. Clemons is the local hero and personable show stopper.

Danny Federici
zkqttf.jpg

Former best friend and current rival of Steve Van Zandt, Danny is a slick ladies man who likes to play it safe, oddly enough.

Ernest Carter
2nh2qlx.jpg

Carter is Max's long time enemy. Known as the Boom, he's boastful and wild.

Max Weinberg
jpa0qr.jpg

The pinnacle straight man and rival of Ernest Carter, due to the fact that he's beaten Carter in every musical venture.

Steve Van Zandt
554700.jpg

Known as the luckiest man in the world, Little Steve built his life on a deck of cards.

Chefe

Erudite
The project fell back into a black hole.

Now, I must continue work on American Hare for the sake of humanity!

Despite Bruce Springsteen not actually being Jewish, he is my favorite artist. And Metal was those who had to war against Nirvana, Springsteen would have to fight hillbillies like Toby Keith and their redneck American "let's kick everyone's ass" agenda.

Chefe said:
In the year 1200 you, Bruce Springsteen, must stop the evil wizard Kurt Cobain from constructing the Nirvana Machine, turning the entire world into mindless zombies and destroying music! Travel to an alternate fantasy universe where guitars are magical and Pat Benatar wears a chainmail bikini.

Ten different classes
Party based gameplay
Turn based combat
Choices and consequences

Thoughts?

williamhope_aliens.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom