Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How to ignore users

Thrombone

Educated
The Codex does not have an ignore feature (as far as I can tell) which is a shame, but there are ways around that.

Let us say that a poster is really annoying or worthless, like, say, just pulling a random name here, skyway, and you don't want to see his posts, you don't want to even see a message telling you that he posted. Here is one way to do just that.

First you need Firefox.
Then you need the plug-in Greasemonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

Restart Firefox.

Next you need the Greasemonkey Script Mondo Pita:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/12299
Just click 'install this script' in the upper right hand corner of the page to install it.

Go to Tools - Greasemonkey - Manage User Scripts and add www.rpgcodex.net/phpbb/* to the included sites. You can also add it to the script, whatever works for you. Don't forget the asterisk.

Go visit the Codex Forums. In the bottom right hand corner of Firefox there should be a little drop down box that says Mondo Pita Options, click it and go to Delete-Filter.

In 'Delete if text' type skyway
Sometimes what you type doesn't appear, but don't worry it is there.

Under 'Located in' select 'Author' (again if you can't see it, it is the middle option.)

Under How, you can choose either to completely remove which gets rid of his posts, or to make invisible which leaves a big grey box where his posts used to be.

Set the number of days, click save, refresh to be sure, and like magic- no more skyway.

drunkpriest

Scholar
Not skyway, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

picture go away

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't someone write a greasemonkey script to ignore andhaira topics?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I usually track them down and "remove" them. All in the name of fun and profit!

PS: How the fuck is that picture not NSFW? And why don't I even blink when I see something like that?

peak

Scholar
To: site-devs

I'm actually ignoring Jasede and Draq right now, using the old built-in system. I happened to follow some links to teh butan that ignored them when it was still available, after it was removed.

Well, actually they're not just ignored, they're on some list but the ignore feature is set to show the posts automatically but that window that previously opened or closed posts by ignored users hovers above them, always tempting me to close it. I can't take it much longer.

plz remove functionality altogether

Korgan

Arbiter
For fuck's sake, why do you need software assistance to ignore someone? JUST STOP CARING!
(btw, this works for 95% of all other shit in life too)

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
Another one who failed to live up to his username:

pDyra6W.png

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I miss 2008.

Don't worry, you'll get around to missing 2019 someday, too. Give it another 10 yrs or so and most ppl you argue with or jerk off to on the internet won't even be real humans. At least right now we still have bad ones. Bad ones are better than not-real ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom