Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You can have Dawn as a party member in Lands of Lore!

Andhaira

Arcane
So I was just getting ready to play this again, maybe with Kieran since I've heard that while he might completely suck at first, he can become really good later on (due to quick recovery from attacks).

I was reading over a fAQ at gamefaqs when I learned something I have NEVER known before, even thoguh I played this gem to death since itfirst came out.

Apparently, Dawn was meant to be a party member, but was taken out last minute by westwood! The real killer?

The FAQ-writer claims that all the code for dawn is still in the game and that he managed to add her in using HEX-editing!

Can someone verify this and plz let me know how this was done??

Here are the relevant links:

FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin ... 4639/50982

Dawn (Human)
If you know how to get her then I beg you to e-mail me. She does say she's
planning to join the party when you meet her in Castle Cimeria. However I
never found out how. Back when I was 16 I was quite handy with memory editors
making that I could hack her into my party. This proves that Dawn does exist
as a playable character. How to do this legally is something I could never
figure out. I have the strong hunch that the game makers were originally
planning to let her join the party, but that that idea was dropped on the very
last moment before the game's release.

(The real issue here is that paulson,once he joins fill up the character slot space! So if Dawn were to join one would have to leave, either baccata or paulson. But this never happens! Orperhaps Paulson was meant as a temporary npc, like laura and timothy?)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom