Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Updated demo of Eschalon: Book 1

Monolith

Prophet
Tags: Eschalon: Book I

<a href="http://www.basiliskgames.com">Basilisk Games</a> released an <a href="http://www.basiliskgames.com/book1.htm">updated</a> demo of Eschalon: Book 1 which contains all bug-fixes from version 1.04 and two additional maps (2 hours of additional play time).
<br>
<br>
Looks like they've listened to the criticism that the demo isn't all that representative of the whole game, with the story starting slowly.
<br>
<br>
In addition to that they've anncounced the release date of the Mac version which is December 11, 2007.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com">Gamebanshee</a>

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Releasing an updated demo is a really smart move and shows the developers are listening to some of the concerns on the net. Downloading...

SpFiota

Novice
So has anyone played through the additional maps? I'm wondering if things really do pick up. I want to like this game so bad, but to be honest I feel like I'm playing a really slow version of Diablo.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Shagnak said:
Version 1.04? :?
A 1.04 patch is coming soon perhaps?

BasiliskWrangler said:
All the changes for the eventual 1.04 patch are in the new demo. It's a small change list actually, and I will probably add a few more things before I release the 1.04 patch:

[FIXED]: Bug with Haste III potions
[FIXED]: Even more map issues (most of these affect only the full version, not the demo).
[FIXED]: Enchant Weapon scroll has proper icon.
[FIXED]: ESC from Portal Spell works.
[FIXED]: The game should now work on most non-English versions of Windows, whereas the previous version would crash when not being able to see the English spelling of "My Documents".
[UPDATED]: Added an additional error message to the save-game process to notify players if there is a problem. (Ref)http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6146&highlight=#6146

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's more about walking around, killing stuff, getting XP and killing tougher stuff and exploring places. Old-school, see?

kris

Arcane
I was kind of impressed, it looks crisp. I am just not much into the killing your way trough the RPG game, games. Or old-school as Jasede describe it as.

Demo pointed out a well-nade game though.

Rhett Butler

Scholar
Updated or no I still got a crash desktop bug. In the first (inhabited) town I noticed a horrible static noise every time I went near the pub, then it just died. Meh, I only lost about half an hour's play time, so I'm not exactly foaming at the mouth over it.

So far I like Eschalon. It seems to be nothing more or less than what it claims to be. Unless my opinion drastically changes before finishing the demo I will buy this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom