Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Length

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This is real simple I haven't seen a reference here on the boards or on the new site... how long is the game going to be? Estimate is fine obvious as there's no way to be exact in these things. :D

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
2-3 hours. 3.5 if you do all the side-quests. 11.5 if you leave your computer running when you go to sleep. You should be able to get close to 100 hours if you keep replaying the game until you hit 100 hours. We can pretty much guarantee that.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Well, like you said, Volly, it's hard to be exact in those things. I'd say it's similar to the length of Fallout 1. The rest depends on how you'd play the game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
See, that's a much better response. Fo was short; but it's length was reasonable enough. Good enough answer for me. :!:

Afterall, if it was REALLY 2-3 hours, and you were charging 25$ for it... you'd need to be smacked around. LOL :evil:

Kraszu

Prophet
You should be able to get close to 100 hours if you keep replaying the game until you hit 100 hours.

Great news. I hope that nobady will give negative comment on game before they play it for 100 hours. :wink:

Llyranor

Liturgist
Would you say that the 7 'distinctive gameplay styles' would offer *SIGNIFICANTLY* diverging gaming experiences? This is coming from someone who couldn't be bothered to play FO1 more than once as a gun-wielding diplomat. I didn't get the impression that playing as, say, a stealthy thief would have led to an significantly different experience. Having just one diplomatic skill didn't help.

Vault Dweller

Developer
*SIGNIFICANTLY* different as in "I'm playing an almost a different game!"? 3-4 I'd say. Different enough to see why the 7 distinctive styles are mentioned as a feature? Definitely.

Llyranor

Liturgist
Reading through the website, I could see how playing a loremaster would be quite a different experience than playing a knight or whatever, but this sounds pretty promising. Better than standard 'you could kill the guy, but you could also sneak and steal his key or talk him out of it' fare, which ultimately means zero replayability for me.

Vault Dweller

Developer
We don't have single point trials where you get a chance to apply your different skillsets and everything else before and after is the same. Doing a quest as a grifter, for example, would be completely different than doing a quest as a knight or a loremaster or a thief. Quests are, basically, goals; how you reach those goals is up to you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom