Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

curry

Arcane
Just letting you guys know. Not that anyone's gonna play it. :smug:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't even know why the fuck did I open this thread. Eh, bad habit reading everything in RPGD.

On topic:
I don't give a shit. I want The Witcher 2/Risen 2/DE3/EB3/AoD... hell, I might also play Skyrim, though I doubt it. But this turd? Hell, no!

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I haven't pirated games since the glorious Amiga days 20+ years ago, but since publishers nowadays go out of their way to screw honest players with their DRMs, online activation, limited number of installs and even require you to be connected to their servers when playing a SP game, I have probably bought my last game from a big publisher.
Since the games still can be pirated, despite all this, it's almost a shame no current games from the big publishers look good enough to be worth pirating...

Multi-headed Cow

Cool beans, apparently party members will no longer get so pissed at you they'll attack you, unlike Origins. C&C!

7. Ally Relations Are Improved
If you did things your allies didn’t approve of in Origins, they didn’t like you. That wouldn’t be a big deal, except that cool companion missions weren’t available unless your approval was high with the appropriate character. In Dragon Age II, you can do these missions regardless of whether your ally loves or hates you. Instead of gating story content, the approval system now bestows passive bonuses. If a party member is your friend, you’ll get one kind of bonus. If that same character is a rival, you’ll get a different one. This way, you get reward whether you’re nice or mean, plus you still get to do all of the quests. Being neutral, however, still has no advantages.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Meh, I killed that stupid dog, the old hag and Leliana - DA2 companions must be even suckier and probably can't even get rid of them now. For shame, Bioware.

dextermorgan

Arcane
7. Ally Relations Are Improved
If you did things your allies didn’t approve of in Origins, they didn’t like you. That wouldn’t be a big deal, except that cool companion missions weren’t available unless your approval was high with the appropriate character. In Dragon Age II, you can do these missions regardless of whether your ally loves or hates you. Instead of gating story content, the approval system now bestows passive bonuses. If a party member is your friend, you’ll get one kind of bonus. If that same character is a rival, you’ll get a different one. This way, you get reward whether you’re nice or mean, plus you still get to do all of the quests. Being neutral, however, still has no advantages.

:retarded:

Turisas said:
Meh, I killed that stupid dog, the old hag and Leliana - DA2 companions must be even suckier and probably can't even get rid of them now. For shame, Bioware.
Not cool, bro. Dog was probably the best character in all DAO.

Gord

Arcane
If a party member is your friend, you’ll get one kind of bonus. If that same character is a rival, you’ll get a different one. This way, you get reward whether you’re nice or mean, plus you still get to do all of the quests. Being neutral, however, still has no advantages.

This explains why some characters had skills in the demo that could only be unlocked if that character is considered your "rival".
Apparently Bioware has finaly thrown the last remnants of reason overboard.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wasn't something like this in Alpha Protocol....

Oh yeah, handler bonuses. :smug:

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
This way, you get reward whether you’re nice or mean

What in the fuck. I love this retard-friendly language, I really do. 'Nice or mean'? What is this, primary school?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Darth Roxor said:

What in the fuck. I love this retard-friendly language, I really do. 'Nice or mean'? What is this, primary school?

Why are you so meaann :( You shouldn't, it's bad :(

Angthoron

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:

It's the language of the mature people!

Multi-headed Cow said:
Dungeon Siege 3 is barely in the same genre as Dragon Age 2. One is just a silly piece of action RPG frippery while the other is a mature role playing game. :obviously:
Okay, so, which one is which?

Multi-headed Cow said:
In Dragon Age II, you can do these missions regardless of whether your ally loves or hates you. Instead of gating story content, the approval system now bestows passive bonuses. If a party member is your friend, you’ll get one kind of bonus. If that same character is a rival, you’ll get a different one. This way, you get reward whether you’re nice or mean, plus you still get to do all of the quests.
So, if I don't press any button, nothing awesome will happen? That sucks. :(

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
the approval system now bestows passive bonuses. If a party member is your friend, you’ll get one kind of bonus. If that same character is a rival, you’ll get a different one.
Obsidian: Hey, look at this friend/rival thing we did in Alpha Protocol.
Bioware: Excellent, we will steal it and claim that we invented this new friend/rival system (tm)!

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
On one hand it's cool that you don't miss quests and XP and stuff just because you didn't totally suck up to your party members in dialog. On the other hand it's even cooler that you get rewarded for anything no matter what you do. Wouldn't want to not get rewarded, right? We here at BioWare call it "Rewarding Gaming", it's far more welcoming that way. It's all about choice. We don't like to not reward our players for making specific choices. No longer do you have to think "Am I saying the right thing", "Will Morrigan approve?" and the like, you can choose whatever you want without being afraid to be punished for it.

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
VentilatorOfDoom said:
On one hand it's cool that you don't miss quests and XP and stuff just because you didn't totally suck up to your party members in dialog.

I don't know, man. I think that just reduces the replayability and devalues any C&C since negative results are impossible. On the other hand I don't think I could stomach two playthroughs of this game so I guess it's good that I can eat the whole shit sandwich in one bite.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So the Codex is now busily playing a game that has been hailed as utter shit in countless threads?
Isn't it kind of retarded to play a game you know is shit?

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Andyman Messiah said:
the approval system now bestows passive bonuses. If a party member is your friend, you’ll get one kind of bonus. If that same character is a rival, you’ll get a different one.
Obsidian: Hey, look at this friend/rival thing we did in Alpha Protocol.
Bioware: Excellent, we will steal it and claim that we invented this new friend/rival system (tm)!

:thumbsup:

Edit: You forgot something

Internet Reaction to AP: SHIT!
Internet Reaction to the same thing in DA2: BETS FEATUREZ EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom