Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of the Green dragon

Enderandrew

Novice
If you would please, take a few moments to check out and test a free online RPG I'm putting up called Legend of the Green Dragon. I'd like a few players to give the game a quick run-through or two, to beta-test it for errors before I advertise it to the public. During the beta-test period you have unlimited turns. Just click on "New Day" when you run out of turns.

The game is based off the old Legend of the Red Dragon door game, which some of you may recall. Gameplay is simple, and easy to learn, yet easily becomes quite addictive.

It's a completely free browser-based role-playing-game, with no pop-up ads or anything like that. I'm footing the bill for the bandwidth to try and put something fun out there for the public.

I did not develop this game, however, I am customizing it. Suggestions and feedback are both welcome and encouraged.

http://www.enderandrew.com/lotgd/

Kortalh

Liturgist
The original Legend of the Red Dragon BBS Door game was pretty awesome for its time. LotGD is a great way to reminisce, but aside from that it's really not that spectacular, and actually incredibly limited in comparison to the original.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I played the original Greenie so I guess I can see if your version is any different. Have you included fun? :wink:

Seriously, what are some of the changes you're thinking of?

Sarvis

Erudite
Exitium said:
Here's the question one should be asking: Why would anyone want to?

Because they're gamers, and playing games is what gamers do. ;)

I know of another web based RPG that is at least popular enough to keep the designer in business, and there is always Neopets which is ridiculously popular...

I'm actually "working" on a web based rpg too... so I hope this game sucks so that there's less competition. ;)

Sarvis

Erudite
I tried creating a character, it was supposed to send me an email or soemthing but that never happened.

Digit

Liturgist
Cool. So you all sit around bitching all day about RPGs, then when someone comes along with good intentions, a free game and asks for feedback the best you can do is "looks like shit...".

I would love to know where you expect your magical perfect RPG to come from, because it doesn't look like it will be from the developers of today with such sterling feedback.

@Topic starter: I have just finished work, so forgive me if I pass up the oppurtinity to check your game out, but I am off to bed. I would suggest posting on http://www.avault.com as there are loads of avid gamers, and a more responsive crowd.

Digit

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Feel free to leave, anytime."

Feel free in stopping being a retard ... anytime.

I mean, is that the best you got? Someone says something you don't like your relfex is tell them to leave? R00fles!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What's with you, Volly? Are you some kind of moral police or what? First, they can handle it without your help. Second, Twinkie didn't just made an argument some people may disagree with. He asked a provocative question and got the expected reaction. So? If you want to bitch about the answer, don't forget to bitch about the question too.

DarkSign

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Feel free to leave, anytime."

Feel free in stopping being a retard ... anytime.

I mean, is that the best you got? Someone says something you don't like your relfex is tell them to leave? R00fles!

His response was one of many appropriate responses.

Would you rather he:

a) defend the forum via insults to a person who already has their mind made up?
b) return to the actual topic, but letting the offending grunt of a poster fester and trash-up other forums?
c) try a soul-searchingly painful emotional attempt to convert the person to our way of thinking?

he told the guy if he doesnt like it...leave. im sure even you have used that argument before in some fashion or another. Most people use the analogy of a TV channel vs content. If you dont like the Howard Stern Show on E! change to CNN.

So you're going to attack someone for defending the forums? Niiiiiice. And dont say that they dont need defending. He was sticking up for people, jezus.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Meanwhile, back on topic....

It really needs alot of sprucing up, Ender. I'm no graphics whore, so that shit doesn't bother me, but it does alot of people these days. To be honest though, I'm not a big fan of web based games to begin with. I just suggest you spruce it up so as to make it more presentable to those who do like web games.

Also, speaking of BBS games, does anyone here remember a BBS space sim game where you made your ship and flew all over trading, fighting, whatever? You could eventually get a big enough ship to hold fighters and such as well. I used to play it alot back in the early 90's and cannot remember the name of it for the life of me. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"What's with you, Volly?"

Eh. Nothing's with me. I'm all alone.. :cry: What a jerk youa re for reminding me. :cry:

"Are you some kind of moral police or what?"

Police get paid. I don't.

"First, they can handle it without your help."

Doubtful. One needs to have intelligence to be capable of that.

"Second, Twinkie didn't just made an argument some people may disagree with. He asked a provocative question and got the expected reaction. So?"

And. The expected thing isn't always the right thing.

"If you want to bitch about the answer, don't forget to bitch about the question too."

You guys can handle that. It's just everytime someone dinky newbie comes on, the ';regualr's tend to gang rape them just because they post soemthing negative about the forum. OMG He's mean so let's be mean too. R00fles! I'd rather let them get a few posts under their feet than trash them.. unless they make a direct attack on someone.

"im sure even you have used that argument before in some fashion or another."

I do lots of things - like having sex with your sister - that I'm not proud of. This is another one of those things.

"So you're going to attack someone for defending the forums? Niiiiiice. And dont say that they dont need defending. He was sticking up for people, jezus"

Don't tell me what I cna't say. This forum doesn't need defending. Afterall, this forum IS full of (veteran) morons. Heck, I'm one of those morons. Just ask Ved about that. He'll agree with me on that.

P.S. j/k on the sister thing. That was very mean of me. I am a bad, bad little boy. :idea:

Sarvis

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Meanwhile, back on topic....

It really needs alot of sprucing up, Ender. I'm no graphics whore, so that shit doesn't bother me, but it does alot of people these days. To be honest though, I'm not a big fan of web based games to begin with. I just suggest you spruce it up so as to make it more presentable to those who do like web games.

Also, speaking of BBS games, does anyone here remember a BBS space sim game where you made your ship and flew all over trading, fighting, whatever? You could eventually get a big enough ship to hold fighters and such as well. I used to play it alot back in the early 90's and cannot remember the name of it for the life of me. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Tradewars?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Sarvis said:
Tradewars?

Hmmm.... possible, but I seem to recall it had a longer title. I could be wrong though. I did experiment with many BBS games back then, after all. Thanks for that though. I'll look it up and see if it's what I remember.

Sarvis

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Sarvis said:
Tradewars?

Hmmm.... possible, but I seem to recall it had a longer title. I could be wrong though. I did experiment with many BBS games back then, after all. Thanks for that though. I'll look it up and see if it's what I remember.

I'm not all that sure myself, I played a game similar to what you were describing like once back at school. Could've been like Tradewars 2020 or something like that maybe... really not sure though. :(

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
Eh. Nothing's with me. I'm all alone.. :cry: What a jerk youa re for reminding me. :cry:
I'm sorry, I'm so stupid sometimes! But you are not alone, Volly, we are your friends, and Jed is dying to have a play date with you. All you have to do is say yes :lol:

"Are you some kind of moral police or what?"

Police get paid. I don't.
You should enfore the money-for-protection policy then. You helped Twinkie, now he owes you 10 bucks. If he doesn't pay, a guy like you can always make his stay here unpleasant :twisted:

"First, they can handle it without your help."

Doubtful. One needs to have intelligence to be capable of that.
Hmm, good point. It's nice that a guy like you always tries to help the less (intellectually) fortunate :lol:

"Second, Twinkie didn't just made an argument some people may disagree with. He asked a provocative question and got the expected reaction. So?"

And. The expected thing isn't always the right thing.
A philosopher, eh? You are truly a multitalented person.

It's just everytime someone dinky newbie comes on, the ';regualr's tend to gang rape them just because they post soemthing negative about the forum.
Regulars?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"But you are not alone, Volly, we are your friends, and Jed is dying to have a play date with you."

He's dying? Good. Maybe'll he'll die sThat way, he won't harass me about playing NWN MP with him.

"If he doesn't pay, a guy like you can always make his stay here unpleasant "

Why'd I want to do that? I have a reputaion of good will and happiness here. Just as Jed and Otaku.

"A philosopher, eh? You are truly a multitalented person."

You ain't seen nothing yet.

"Regulars?"

Can't you read? It's regualrs. Tsk, tsk. Some people.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
He's dying? Good. Maybe'll he'll die sThat way, he won't harass me about playing NWN MP with him.
lol that's mean

Why'd I want to do that? I have a reputaion of good will and happiness here. Just as Jed and Otaku.
You must have confused this place with some other forum where one of your other multiple personalities, a nice girl, perhaps, posts.

"A philosopher, eh? You are truly a multitalented person."

You ain't seen nothing yet.
Sounds very promising. When should we expect to see more, another 4,000 posts?

Can't you read? It's regualrs. Tsk, tsk. Some people.
Two guys with 14 posts each?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom