Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Deleted member 7219

5 posts too. A new cunt who thinks he'll join the Codex Cool Club by posting goatse.

bhlaab

Erudite
G Announcer said:

Holy shit I thought this was going to be goatse but its actually for real. I mean, I don't have kotor 2 but unless this some mod that paints goatse over every texture it's legit.

Edit: And I doubt filefront would host goatse!

Nedrah

Erudite
So, TSL Restored Content Modification (TSLRCM) vs TSLRP

-Cut Content: TSLRCM will have more cut content in general. Stuff like Atris as Traya, Selling Vrook into slavery, and Dustil Onasi will be left out because there is no enough material and they don't make sense anyway, however they are also things you won't find in TSLRP either. The only piece of cut content TSLRP will have that TSLRCM will not have is the GenoHaradan, which is being restored and expanded upon in a separate mod that can be used in conjunction with TSLRCM. It is not being restored with TSLRCM because the only way to really integrate it into the game without expanding it is TSLRP's way, and the way they do it makes little sense.

-Bug Fixing: The Distinguished Opposition (Team Gizka) claims that they are fixing every single bug in the game. In addition to slowing down their progress, this has served to only create more bugs. TSLRCM has fixed pretty much every major ingame bug from the unmodded version of TSL, as well as plenty of smaller bugs too. However, we are not fixing every single small bug such as awkward camera angles and grammar errors that were there to begin with because that is not what we are setting out to do. This is a TSL Restored Content Mod, not a TSL Perfection Mod. However, unlike The Distinguished Opposition and TSLRP, we plan on offering continuous support for TSLRCM after the release, so patches with bug fixes are perfectly possible.

-High Quality: As I said above, TSLRCM is not a mod designed to make TSL perfect like TSLRP aims to do. We really don't have the time or patience to rebuild the entire game, which is probably why TSLRP has slowed down so much. We can improve things after the release if requested, or support mods that do that. Granted, we don't have the new lean animation or the camera angles or whatnot. What we are offering to the community is to have TSLRCM done now and if necessary improve other aspects of the game later.

http://www.deadlystream.com/showthread.php?t=299

Looks like they'll be releasing it this month.
FUCK team gizka.

1eyedking

Erudite
Suits you, you miserable Russian rat. Snak was very popular in Master of Magic.

Err, Rjak, Rjak was very popular...

PS: You owe me money.

bhlaab

Erudite
Nedrah said:
Looks like they'll be releasing it this month.
FUCK team gizka.

That's hilarious. Years of work made instantly pointless and obsolete i love it

Divinity: Original Sin
I started playing KOTOR 2 after finishing KOTOR 1 2 years ago. Then I heard about team gizka TSLRP and stoped, in order to play the whole game with the restored content.

Since then, I'm still waiting. This TSLRCM looks really promising.

fastpunk

Arbiter
What a delicious moment the release of TSLRCM will be. The level of Team Gizka butthurt will probably shoot through the stratosphere. :lol:

MetalCraze

Arcane
It is not being restored with TSLRCM because the only way to really integrate it into the game without expanding it is TSLRP's way, and the way they do it makes little sense.
True. Restored content in TSLRP is way too overrated. They even managed to add silly shit to the restored ending where Kreia captures your crew members - you free Atton and there is immediately two dialogue options - one is ending the dialogue and the other one is "wanna play pazaak?". He didn't even come out of the holding cell yet.
As for the Genoharadan it didn't make sense because you meet them only once in the game iirc - and right before you fly to Malachor they contact you and ask you to duke it out once and for all - you come and fight them. After this nothing.

Nedrah

Erudite
Darth Slaughter said:
I started playing KOTOR 2 after finishing KOTOR 1 2 years ago. Then I heard about team gizka TSLRP and stoped, in order to play the whole game with the restored content.

Since then, I'm still waiting. This TSLRCM looks really promising.

Pretty much same here. I did actually finish Kotor2 once. At some point I decided to replay it, but went looking for some mods first. Turned out there was this amazing tslrp project that would make the second time actually worthwhile. Needless to say, that was a long time ago. Combined with that prick Dashus pulling off crap like the "new" trailer or his latest forumpost about him being too busy getting laid to finish the fucking mod - well, as I said, fuck them, TSLRCM looks more promising in the long run anyways due to their regard for some actual mod compatibility.

That's hilarious. Years of work made instantly pointless and obsolete i love it

Heartwarming, isn't it? Gizka and their fanboys never seemed to get tired of telling everybody that Gizka doesn't owe us anything. Well, guess what - that works both ways. The only way to make this whole thing any more hilarious would be for TSLRCM to upload a big file containing nothing but thousands of copies of goatse upon release.

Liberal

Barely Literate
A whole year passed after the leak, and NOW they think of an alternative restoration? TSLRCM will, among other things, give Dashus the break he's probably wishing for. The next day after it's released he will come out clad in black, and divulge a tale of noble effort, squashed by impatience without remorse. The creators of TSLRCM will be held responsible for his failure to complete TSLRP.

Divinity: Original Sin
This reminds me of the Wesp vs Tessera situation regarding the patches of VTM: bloodlines.

And in this case too, though I played Bloodlines till very close to ending, I'm waiting for a final patch to replay it.

The difference is that while kotor the patch neve comes, with bloodlines every fucking month there's new unofficial patch.

aboyd

Liturgist
What? We should just pop some popcorn and watch.

If anything, Codex tradition mandates that we goad both sides into war and enjoy the fallout.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
MetalCraze said:
aboyd said:
If anything, Codex tradition mandates that we goad both sides into war and enjoy the fallout.

I see you've missed Codex' successful military campaigns against TSLRP and DAC.
Well, the TSLRP one didn't even have time to become a full-blown campaign before they surrendered.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There doesn't seem to be a bitchfest going on at Gizka forums though. Maybe they're more mature than I thought.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom