Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol has FOUR Sex Scenes!

Black

Arcane
Remember when games had sex (Fallout, Arcanum) but it wasn't the selling point?
Good times, good times.

spectre

Arcane
Meh, it's not in the spirit of true rpg if there's no c&c during the intercourse.

Seriously though, in before Unbeguiled Great Philosopher (tm):
D_palikot019_53302l.jpg

MetalCraze said:
Did you see combat videos? Combat is exactly like the terrible cover-shoot-cover-shoot from Mass Effect. Except enemies don't even react when you shoot a guy 5 meters from them.
Honestly, I don't mind Mass Effect's combat so much. But yeah, the AI looks really, really bad.

Dionysus

Scholar
MetalCraze said:
Did you see combat videos? Combat is exactly like the terrible cover-shoot-cover-shoot from Mass Effect. Except enemies don't even react when you shoot a guy 5 meters from them.
They do throw grenades, though, which is a huge improvement over ME's system. But it's too bad that they think players need a flashing HUD icon to see the grenades.

Emotional Vampire said:
Isn't that some reedition?
No, sex was one of the selling points for FO2, which shouldn't be surprising for anyone that has played both of the originals. They went into with Leisure-suit Larry territory in FO2.

Pliskin

Arbiter
DriacKin said:
kris said:
Only four? I thought they promised more.

This is what happens when you make games for the console market. You get dumbed down games with only 4 sex scenes.

Hmmmm, human females only have 3 orifices capable of sexual gratification, so... Are we to expect trannies? Hermaphrodites? A threesome? What is this mysterious fourth?

Aural sex?

Key decision points trigger auto-saves, in a manner similar, of all tings to the immediate saving of the Fire Emblem series. Dialouge and mission choices are designed to enforce consequences on players

I played some Fire Emblem games, but I'm not sure on the autosave. I guess it autosaves after you complete a mission because that makes sense. The way the sentences above are worded (key decisions trigger autosaves to enforce decisions) makes me believe it's the same thing. You can't enforce a decision if you can just reload if you don't like the option you chose.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The only way to successfully use choices and consequences is when the consequences appear later in the game. Autosaving after each choice and instantly receive some kind of "consequence" is a bad choice.

The only way to successfully use choices and consequences is when the consequences appear later in the game. Autosaving after each choice and instantly receive some kind of "consequence" is a bad choice.

well, in Fire emblem at least the consequence is the death of a party member, so the consequence sorta has to happen immediately.

Maybe on AP, it autosaves after no returning points, so even though you decided on something now, only later you'll realize you fucked up / got lucky before. :daydreams:

Also, I guess it autosaves only after rly important choices, like "Do I cum inside Lady Z or not".

MetalCraze

Arcane
Dickweed said:
Black said:
Good times, good times.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/f ... Id,152632/

Right side, middle point.

Fallout 2
It's nice to see that Feargus and Avellone still stick to their roots.
Especially considering that "fall in love and get married" was another piece of lulz with goddam' hillbillies

Dionysus said:
They do throw grenades, though, which is a huge improvement over ME's system. But it's too bad that they think players need a flashing HUD icon to see the grenades.

Just because they throw grenades with a stupid indicator doesn't mean it's an improvement.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:x they promised that you could bag all the chicks in the game ARE THERE ONLY FOUR?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
MetalCraze said:
Especially considering that "fall in love and get married" was another piece of lulz with goddam' hillbillies

Hey, that was one of the best "romances" ever. You seduce the daughter for an one night stand, the hillbilly father learns about it and forces you to marry with shotgun persuasion. You can either agree or shoot him (and the rest of the village IIRC) first. The fun part is that if you agree you can still get rid of your spouse later, by selling them as slaves.

Turok

Erudite
woaaaoo it have replay value up to 4 times, or you can have the 4 scenes on 1 play? if is that then no replay value.

Dionysus

Scholar
MetalCraze said:
Just because they throw grenades with a stupid indicator doesn't mean it's an improvement.
Yeah, it is. In ME, there were very few enemies that could do anything but charge if the player took cover. It was the single biggest problem with the combat. In AP, it looks like most enemies will have 'nades, which should break up the peek-a-boo monotony. Of course, it would be even nicer to have other improvements, like group tactics and good level design.

Junior Boy

Educated
GOD DAMMIT when will games stop include FUCKING.

It's NOT a medium that lends itself to sex scenes. They will always be tasteless/not hot/awkward because it's a goddamn game. There was no cumshot scene in Ultima VII for a good fucking reason.

deuxhero

Arcane
What the hell is it talking about. Only 3 (out of 11) Fire Emblem games allowed saveing mid level. 4 allowed you to save at any time because each level was huge. 10 let you do it on easy mode (and only in the US version) and 11 gave you two (sometimes one) save points per map that could be used only once. In every other instance Fire Emblem games a suspend save, plus actual save at the end of the level, how the **** does that translate ME?

Actually, I think the sex scenes work better here than Mass Effect (not that they aren't stupid, just less). Bond girls can be claimed to be part of the "spy" genre.

Black

Arcane
Dickweed said:
Black said:
Good times, good times.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/f ... Id,152632/

Right side, middle point.
I like how when I say Fallout people hear Fallout 2.
Just like console kiddies and other retards think of Fallout 3 when they hear Fallout.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom