Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Get Beaten in Blood Bowl - Goblin Team

Shoelip

Arbiter
We didn't lose again! We did the opposite of losing!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Rabidredneck said:
Two games in and i haven't hurt OR eaten anyone yet..

match3_020.jpg

Or did you just mean hurt or eat teammates?

PS: 3 games in. Methinks thou doth missed something, Rabidredneck

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yah. No din-din make Az a sad troll.

Can Az din-din next one he beat up?

(well, at least we've started getting some SPP for the trolls, even if we only have 2 each. getting block and guard would be awesomesauce)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Match 4!

We're playing orcs, which we never got around to doing with the chaos team. I hate Orcs, they're basically humans on steroids.

They get only 10K inducements, and both our trainings fail to get a result.

match4_004.jpg

Oooh, nice. Means my weapons won't be sent of this half.

FACT: five patches in, there's still a dubiously copious amount of typos in the event descriptions.

match4_011.jpg

Frith, sometimes I really stupid it up. I forgot that Edward does *not* have dodge, as a Looney. He has to make a 6+ dodge roll. Why 6+? Well, I do believe that stunty does not do the "ignore multiple tackle zones" thing for Gobbos with secret weapons, but I'm not sure. It doesn't say so in the description, but it seems to work that way.

match4_017.jpg

With JoKa closing in with his ball 'n chain their thrower hands off to their goblin, who takes it downfield.

match4_020.jpg

A blitz with two dice rolls and a reroll. Obviously, I failed to bring him down, rolling only a defender stumbles, two pusheds and one attacker down in 4 rolls.

match4_024.jpg

Apparently the dice hate everyone today! He gets tackled as he tried to make a run for it.

match4_029.jpg

Mantiis picks it up, makes a dodge and hands off to Padre...

match4_031.jpg

Who tries and fails to run to Azire (wanted to try a throw to put him and the ball out of orc range)

match4_033.jpg

The orcs decide to help me out a bit by failing a pickup, and then failing a catch roll, juggling the ball out of the field. No luck on throwing it back in, as it ends up on our half of the field.

match4_039.jpg

Here you can see Silellak backtracked unto our half to pick up the ball, and Biz makes a move to assist him but is brought down for this game and next.

match4_043.jpg

Silellak's attempt to run to a troll fails. Frith, how can I ever try this throw teammate thing if they never even reach the troll?

match4_044.jpg

Hmmm. I do not use the apothecary, hoping he'll regenerated, but he rolls a 1, failing his regenerate skill, so I'm down a troll.

Half-time!

We caused zero injuries despite our secret weapons, and that's never good, but with only 2 injuries, 1 KO and 2 sent off, we still have a full team, including Jasede.

match4_054.jpg

Jasede has the ball and I moved GarfunkeL deep for the hand-off.

match4_059.jpg

Vortexx sweeps up the path a bit, and Jasede pogos deep for the hand-off.

match4_064.jpg

AnnoyedCat.jpg

Who was it that advised me to try more hand-offs, again? Whoever it was, just an FYI: I hate you.

I luck out as their thrower, who was still in the backfield, fumbles his pick-up roll.

match4_080.jpg

Jasede picks it up and dodges out.

match4_083.jpg

Ride 'em, Cowboy!

3 sent off, 2 injured, we're really keeping the casualty count down. Still fielding 10, in fact, and kicking off.

match4_088.jpg

Oh. Fielding 9, then.

match4_095.jpg

Honestly not doing very good trying to hold the box at all. All attacks failed so far, and they're blowing open holes in the lines.

match4_100.jpg

Again, Vortexx fails to bring the thrower down. Blitzing without secret weapons is hard, but at least I'm holding them from scoring.

match4_103.jpg

He slips out, and yet another blitz fails. I shouldn't be expecting much more than failures, they're all double-red-dice blitzes.

match4_112.jpg

Aznok simulates the rape he is doling out to me.

I get the ball with one turn left, so I try to have Silellak pick it up, to hand off to Vortexx, who will then be thrown by the troll and run it in. It seems to me this is theoretically possible, or does landing mean you can't move anymore? I never checked. Anyway, it fails as Silellak fumbles his pickup.

Forgot to screencap the results. Not much interesting; we sustained 3-4 injuries without returning the favor a single time. I never used the apothecary but no injury was permanent, though Biz will miss the next match. Edward Murrow is MVP.

match4_119.jpg

Jasede gets a level-up. It's agi-only, so it's catch he gets. It goes along well with long legs for interception attempts, but mostly it means he'll be taking rather than giving handoffs.

With 2 ties and 2 wins, we're still doing well. We're currently ranked second, behind the humans (3 wins 1 loss). Next up are the Lizardmen, and then this season is over (unless we enter playoffs, never checked how that works, who goes in and who plays who)

krbkkr

Novice
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think perhaps the single player mode's challenge level is a bit lacking. From reading the official forums, the AI is very sloppily done.

Not to take anything away from coach's brilliant coaching in any way, of course.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Sander said:
How can you not have even lost a game so far?

Yeah. Honestly, it's no fun; I didn't necessarily expect every game to be the 7-injury 3-touchdown fest I usually get when playing against Gobbos, but even so, playing them has seen me discover they're actually a somewhat viable team to play.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Brother None said:
Sander said:
How can you not have even lost a game so far?

Yeah. Honestly, it's no fun; I didn't necessarily expect every game to be the 7-injury 3-touchdown fest I usually get when playing against Gobbos, but even so, playing them has seen me discover they're actually a somewhat viable team to play.

I think that is in large part due to the AI not playing the goblins right. One of the fun things about Blood Bowl is that it really isn't balanced. But still, any team is viable, if you play the strengths and try to avoid doing what the team really shouldn't be doing.

My first team when I bought this game was a wood elf team on easy.
That was no fun. I won no matter what I did, could even play the team as if it was a bashy one.
Then I started a chaos team on medium difficulty, inspired by the chaos LP. Got a draw a couple of times in the start, until I learned how to do chaos, and since then I just murdered any and all AI teams.

Feeling cocky I started a wood elf team again, now on hard. And I had to learn how to properly play them, or I'd get murdered. Now that I actually play a passing game and avoid having more than one or two players the AI can block each turn besides blitzing means I win again.

Same with goblins. If you play your own game and not what the AI wants you to, you can get fairly good results.
There's always instances where the dice hate you of course, but that's what makes the game fun, eh? :P

Anyhoo, if you're not completely fed up yet, I'd just like to say: keep up the good work! I, for one, am highly entertained! I just hope to see you manage a "throw teammate" or three. :D

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I played a goblin team online and damn, those chainsaws are deadly. He had 3 casualties before being sent off.

But in the end I still crushed him 4-0 and incapacitated more than half of his team.

Shoelip

Arbiter
GarfunkeL said:
Aww, I'm not too useful. Well, at the very least I'm ugly as hell!

What are you complaining about? All I did was sit on the bench for a while and then get hit by a rock.

Keep going BN!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Azira said:
*prods thread*

Din-din?

Yeah, I might've seen fit to mention I was going to the US for 7 weeks, for voluntary work up in Seattle and New Orleans. And to meet Annie and Brian for beers, which was awesome.

So this thread kinda died. I might pick it up only I'm now doing Risen for a GB review. Oh well. The Gobbos fought bravely, I say.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Brother None said:
Azira said:
*prods thread*

Din-din?

Yeah, I might've seen fit to mention I was going to the US for 7 weeks, for voluntary work up in Seattle and New Orleans. And to meet Annie and Brian for beers, which was awesome.

So this thread kinda died. I might pick it up only I'm now doing Risen for a GB review. Oh well. The Gobbos fought bravely, I say.

So i take it your "personal" responsibilities and private life is more important then us.
BUUUU!!

Mantiis

Cipher
Brother None said:
Azira said:
*prods thread*

Din-din?

Do a let's play of your meeting with Brian and Annie!

Silellak

Cipher
Mantiis said:
Brother None said:
Azira said:
*prods thread*

Din-din?

Do a let's play of your meeting with Brian and Annie!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom