Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Blood Bowl - Chaos Team

Should I abandon this LP thread for a Goblin Blood Bowl LP?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep going with this LP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abandon this one and please stop spamming us with goddamn Blood Bowl LPs, you freak

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Elwro said:
But what then? How do you publicly link to specific img files in a forum post?

go over to your dropbox home page. right click copy the url then just pasta it over.
That's why it's best to save your snaps under numerical order so you can just paste. It's a little odd but it works for me.

ME001
ME002
ME003

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Alright, I tried to do it from the Dropbox client from the Photos directory. Thanks!

I discovered that if you put some files into your "Public" directory, then you can "copy public link" after right-clicking. But this works only in that particular directory.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, yeah, in a bit

I'm replacing a match for the first time. Not by choice, tho'. Somewhere in the first quarter, I apparently pressed a key that made the FPS bar show up, with a "GUI input" bar. Tried pressing random keys to make it go away again, no luck, tried looking it up in the manual, wasn't there, and I couldn't interface on the field with that bar active (apparently?). Finally I just typed exit in the input bar and pressed submit, figuring that might make it go away. It exited the game instead.

Kind of a shitty way to be forced to do a replay. Game was going ok-ish too. We'll see how the second try goes.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
MATCH 24!

So like I said, I had to restart this one. No biggy, I lucked out on the starting kickoff roll again and I'm receiving. This is the super-gutter runner team, with no rat ogre, but unsurprisingly they get enough inducement to buy a bribe the ref, re-roll and the rat ogre star player Headsplitter.

'cor

update24_007.jpg

KO'd headsplitter in the first turn. Good. krbkkr has the ball in the backfield. I'm not fielding Biz this match if I can avoid it, and Vortexx only for kick-offs.

update24_010.jpg

Contact? We have skaven down, sir, I repeat, we have skaven down.

update24_013.jpg

And there goes number 2. I thought I had got of to a good start first try around, but I'm butchering them this time.

update24_014.jpg

And number three goes down.

update24_018.jpg

An attempt to get to krbkkr does not end well as NiM hammerblows the Skaven.

update24_024.jpg

HanoverF does one better and kills the Skaven.

update24_026.jpg

Another bites the dust, by hands of Mantiis.

Crickey. What a slaughter.

update24_032.jpg

Touchdown, kuhruhburkukuruh!

update24_035.jpg

After one possession. Let's hope for them we won't keep at it, at this rate.

update24_047.jpg

Little of interest happens next few turns. We blitz their thrower, he scrambles away, we chase him, and he breathes a sight of relief as he escaped the relentless blitz.

Half-time!

They're still fielding 10 after half-time (all their KOs came back), so let's not get cocky.

update24_056.jpg

Putting on a massive and effective blitz, as all the thrower's protection is taken down.

The thrower turns out to be a hardier bastard, and refuses to go down.

update24_058.jpg

Unlike this dude, whose failed dodge roll costs him an injury.

update24_061.jpg

krbkkr takes the thrower down. The ball slips away into NiM's hands, and he manages to hold on to it.

NiM runs towards the endzone and is close enough to run it in, next play...

update24_063.jpg

But Headsplitter blitz in and ruins that idea by taking NiM down. I'm impressed.

update24_065.jpg

Doesn't stop krbkkr from running in and picking it up. Two going for it rolls?

update24_070.jpg

In your face, dice! You bitches got nothing on me!

They have 6 injured and one KOd, so they're fielding only 8 next possession...

update24_074.jpg

And lose headsplitter, who is KOd by a thrown rock. Woohooo!

update24_080.jpg

After kingcomrade KOs a skaven, OldSkoolKamikaze makes it worse by injuring Snitch. Nice.

update24_086.jpg

Aaaaand rabidredneck takes out another one. Man, this is starting to get a little painful to watch.

The ball carrier did escape the blitz, but I'm about to have Jim Cojones blitz him.

update24_088.jpg

BOOM! Did knock the ball out of the field.

update24_091.jpg

Vortexx picks it up and makes a heroic last ditch pass attempt. No good, which closes off this match.

update24_092.jpg

Poor Skavens. 7 casualties plus one from a tackle, one of which was a death, plus 7 KOs, plus 2 TDs against? Talk about getting slaughtered.

update24_093.jpg

Wallop of SPP. And that's right, despite the fact that Biz was never on the field, they make him MVP YET A-FUCKING-GAIN. He now has 22 SPP more than the next-highest player, thanks to 3 consecutive MVPs. The commentators are a bit partial, if you ask me.

3 level-ups are the natural result.

update24_096.jpg

Defensive tackle OldSkoolKamikaze gets guard.

update24_098.jpg

HanoverF gets a point in Armour.

update24_099.jpg

krbkk (agh, dude, what a terrible handle) gets a level-up after his rookie game and gets block.

update24_100.jpg

The humans, unsurprisingly, smashed the Gobbos. The orcs narrowly lost as well, so they're out.

The hummie team is pretty unimpressive, aside from some skilled throwers and catchers. Masses of inducement ho!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Now to the big Q the poll is for: while still enjoying this game, I have my doubts about the entertainment value on watching chaos whallop a bunch of teams. I would've quit a bit ago if it weren't for you guys affirmation of good reading times.

But here's an idea: how about we round up this cup, declare the Skuas world champions (or world losers if they don't make it), and then I start a new competition, with a Gobbo team? That should stop me from winning too much in any case.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, at a certain point you just steamroll everyone. I've won the Bloodbowl and the only injury I've sustained in the last dozen games was my guy knocked himself out for a game trying to make a Go For It roll. Last match against skaven they had 3 KO'd players, everyone else was injured or dead. There was literally 0 opposition on the pitch for 2 turns.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
As much as I'm enjoying seeing how successful my player has been, if you want to try something else I can't really stop you (since I don't know where you live) but does it have to be goblins? I haven't seen a LP with Lizardmen yet and they're supposed to be pretty well balanced.

If it has to be gobbos, can I be a troll please?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes! Do goblins next! It'd be like the TFTD thread I suspect, with you going through codexers like no tomorrow.

I'm signing up for sure, make me into a green smear on the pitch, or better yet, a dim-witted good-for-nothing troll who'd think nothing of eating a couple of his teammates.

That is, unless you've got someone more suitable in your sights. :D

Go for gobbos if you want. I'm fond of watching the Chaos boys wreck house, but if you're not having as much fun steamrolling with Chaos, then it's not worth it, since burnout is likely. Plus, gobbos should be fun.

Oooh...and can I be a chainsaw gobbo Looney if you do switch? Or, failing that, a troll?

skyway

Educated
Oh for fucks sake. Why in heavans name do you need another BB LP? What haven't you seen there?!

Padre

Liturgist
High level chaos team can literally kill off any opponent due to having mutations. Having a chaos warrior with block, tackle, claw and mighty blow is pure massacre so I would like to see a goblin LP because it can be a little more challenging.

I would like to sign up and become a fanatic/regular goblin.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Rabidredneck said:
As much as I'm enjoying seeing how successful my player has been, if you want to try something else I can't really stop you (since I don't know where you live) but does it have to be goblins? I haven't seen a LP with Lizardmen yet and they're supposed to be pretty well balanced.

*shrug* Gobbo came in second on the ol' "what team should I play" poll, and does seem pretty interesting.

As for "can't stop me", I'll just do what the poll says.

skyway said:
Oh for fucks sake. Why in heavans name do you need another BB LP? What haven't you seen there?!

Too true. I have no idea, either.

bardon777

Novice
Goblins sound great. Sign me up for one. Maybe a chainsaw? I love chainsaws.

I think part of the problem with the sp campaign is that no one seems to have any where close to your tv. When your tv gets to >2000 , theres just no way the ai has a chance even with a star player and almost infite rerolls.

Silellak

Cipher
Ouch. Watching you slaughter that Skaven team gave me painful flashbacks.

I'll say "Goblins", if only because, as you said, at this point most of your matches boil down to "we murder everyone on their team and then score on occasion". Not that it isn't still fun to read, but I think a fresh start would be more entertaining - for both us, and more importantly, for you. No sense in continuing the current LP if it's just going to burn you out.

I got dibs on one of the starting 11, though.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I think it's fun to watch you slaughter the opposition, but if you don't you should quit and make another team. Go for it, in other words.

Goblins or lizardmen would be fun.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I should probably do Gobbos in normal, tho', rite? To at least give me a shot at winning...

Match 25!

Rite, hummies. We're nearing a cool million in inducements as they get 920k. Naturally, all they buy is reroll, bribe and star player. Honestly, with them spending so little, inducements aren't a big deal in Classic Blood Bowl.

Receiving the ball.

update25_007.jpg

And the fans kick the shit out of the ref. Fouling ho!

update25_010.jpg

Jim Cojones injures Griff Oberwald. Man, what is it with this team and taking out star players?

Not that I'm complaining.

update25_016.jpg

Took down the ogre, and kicked him in the nuts while he was prone. Hurray!

update25_018.jpg

krbrbrbrbrbrbrbbbrbrbr fumbles his ball pickup. Oh well, nevermind, you'll always get a second chance.

Next turn the hummies just move about a bit, though they do manage to have two penetrate the line. I (somewhat foolishly) go for another round of beatups before having kauhburburbuh try to pick up the ball again.

update25_019.jpg

Or not. Jim chases the ogre into a group of supporting hummies, rolls attacker down, fails his loner roll and goes down. Hummie turn again. Oh-oh...

update25_021.jpg

They'd positioned themselves to pick up the ball, so...there they go.

update25_024.jpg

Wow. I mean...huh? I'd like to remind everyone that the last time ANY team scored on the Seaskuas was match 5 against the Mittledorf Smashers.

I'm...well...stunned, really. I almost forgot it is possible.

I have Vortexx on the field to pick up the ball next kick-off since, well, don't want to risk another fiasco. He has no problem picking it up, and the humans move in to box him up...Seriously, you guys want to brawl?

update25_029.jpg

'cuz, y'know, we can brawl if you want.

update25_031.jpg

It's no problem for me.

update25_037.jpg

NiM doles out a groin strain. Also, prior to this Jim injured the Ogre and he was apothecaried back, forgot to screencap that one.

update25_040.jpg

It are the party time!

Half-time!

They still field 11, but a fan helps me out by throwing a rock, stunning one of their linemen.

update25_051.jpg

I don't usually work this way, but there was no blitzing opportunity on the strong side, so instead I blitz the one receiver who got through the line, KOing him

update25_060.jpg

Right, so last turn Admund handed off to Bohort, who took off to the left side of the field (left for our team). He got chased, chickened out, ran back to Admund and handed the ball back. Well, that was useful, AI-sir? Apparently he hadn't noticed Admund is also being covered, and after thinking about it for a minute, he ends his turn.

update25_062.jpg

Doi! What'd you think would happen, AI? Ball is knocked into Rabidredneck's hands.

update25_066.jpg

HanoverF inflicts some extra humiliation.

update25_070.jpg

Whose house? Rabid's house!

They field 10 next possession, so they might still tie it up...uh...and a fan throws a rock yet again, KOing a lineman. Man, sucks to be them.

update25_080.jpg

OldSkoolKamikaze smashes Manfred's ankle.

update25_082.jpg

Aahahahaha fags!

update25_084.jpg

One easy push-out, pick-up and score, coming up.

update25_085.jpg

Pro-tip: if you try to move your ogre out of a tackle zone, chances are he won't make it.

update25_090.jpg

Excessive celebration! 10-yard penalty.

We wind down the last turn.

update25_096.jpg

Not bad. Oh wow I made 50K gold?!...Oh wow I was taxed 50K gold.

update25_097.jpg

Oh God Fucking Dammit. They make Vortexx MVP, yet again. I think he and Biz have been sharing the MVPs for the last half dozen games. THEY DON'T NEED THE EXTRA SPPs, AI.

update25_098.jpg

Nothing interesting on Vortexx roll so I give him Block. I'd like to roll double for him and give him something like passer or leader, or maybe even dodge, but honestly if it's nothing I'll just give him big hands next time.

update25_099.jpg

NiM grows a tail.

The Dwarf Giants beat the Lizardmen 2-1. You remember the Giants, right? They're the team with the high-level troll slayers and blitzers. This is the THIRD consecutive final I'm playing against them. Let's go for 3-for-3, yes?

Vortexx

Novice
MVP again woot!

I kinda like the chaos team but I guess it will be interesting to see how the codexers do as goblins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom