Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Blood Bowl - Chaos Team

Should I abandon this LP thread for a Goblin Blood Bowl LP?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep going with this LP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abandon this one and please stop spamming us with goddamn Blood Bowl LPs, you freak

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Match 7!

Right, after the bash-vs-bash intermission, we're up against a fast, throwing team again. I'm still not fully sure on reshuffling my tactics, but one thing I notice is that it's best to be the receiving team when playing a throwing team. They can't score when you have the ball, and as long as your carrier is safe you can grind them into a pulp.

So we're up against the Noxious Nibblers, another team who suffered from atrophy. They get 550k in inducements, and spend it on two mercenaries and a re-roll. No threat there.

update7_003.jpg

Here's a shot of the star player we could get if we ever get the inducement (we likely won't, and I'm not investing permanent cash in it). Basically a tougher Minotaur without the wild animal skill. Nice.

update7_005.jpg

Yes! We win the coin toss, and I'm going to try and put my receive-and-grind theory into practice.

update7_008.jpg

We even get the high kick event, so Biz can just fair catch it rather than pick it up.

update7_009.jpg

Starting out well. One of our beastmen (forgot who, sorry) KOs their rat ogre.

Slight spoiler: he's not coming back.

update7_011.jpg

They scare the shit out of me by blitzing Biz. I now no longer regret having the dodge skill, as you can see it saved him from being knocked down, and thus spared us a touchdown against, for now.

update7_012.jpg

Fools keep thinking they can try blocks on my players? Think again.

update7_013.jpg

Hilarious anarchy here. Pretty much 2/3rd of both our teams are engaged in a massive brawl for the ball. I'd be more amused if it weren't in my half, tho'.

update7_015.jpg

The fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu? Good thing I do have my apothecary now. Use it, and Shuma gets a back injury instead. Least he didn't die.

update7_018.jpg

Blitzed Cojones in. They still got Biz boxed up but consistently fail to bring him down (I should prolly give Biz the block skill too, tho'), and I'm slowly whittling down their numbers.

update7_020.jpg

Moved Biz out of the box, and a blitz attempt by them is stopped short by a tackle.

update7_023.jpg

KOd about half of them by this point. Here goes kingcomrade, having just taken out another one.

update7_024.jpg

Vortexx and NiM took care of business on their side of the field, KOing both players they were defending, so I move them inside. I move up Biz and try a handoff, figuring that despite their lack of sure skills these guys should be able to handle that. No such luck, tho', the handoff goes fine, but Vortexx fails to catch the ball (seriously, catch?). Fucker still takes a 3+ roll to do that, I did not know that, and a reroll didn't save me.

update7_025.jpg

Oh you better be fucking shitting me. You did not just pick up that ball right in front of my guys.

update7_027.jpg

Angered by this turn of events, Cojones headbutts Thanut into a bloody pulp. Our first injury caused, surprisingly enough.

update7_028.jpg

Nhiik survives a blitz, so I use Biz to try and down him. Get a both down, which sucks, but luck out on the injury roll and Nhiik is knocked out.

A gutter runner then jumps in and PICKS UP THE BALL AGAIN. Will you fuckers STOP ALREADY?!

update7_032.jpg

Here's why you gotta love block.

That's a go, kingcomrade, take him out.

update7_035.jpg

Biz is down, so I have Vortexx try to pick up the ball, and to my great surprise he doesn't fumble it. The end of the half is approaching so I'm not taking any chances here.

update7_037.jpg

"Oh yeah, who yo daddy? I yo daddy!"

update7_040.jpg

Thanks girls. I'm sure if it weren't for you we'd not score any touchdowns at all.

Notice: is it just me, or do all these cheerleaders - on top of wearing ball and chain - have black eyes?

update7_046.jpg

Their injury ward. They crap out on rolling for recoveries, so half their team is KOd, and they only field 6 for the next possession.

I pin them to a corner and let the clock run out.
Half time!
They have a few more recovery rolls but barely manage to get anyone back in, fielding only 7 players at the start of the half.

update7_048.jpg

Pin them to their endzone again.

update7_051.jpg

6 players left.

update7_055.jpg

They're desperately trying to scramble in Skroik via the right side, but I have him boxed up before you can say antidisestablishmentarianism.

update7_056.jpg

Fucker tries to run but can't dodge the tackles. The ball goes flying from his hands and right into Rabidredneck's. Awesome, I think that might be the first time a chaos warrior actually holds the ball on this team. It's a 4+ roll for them to attempt pickups so I usually prefer using a beastmen, just like it's a 4+ roll to do this catch here, but Rabid rolled a 4, so we're fine.

update7_059.jpg

He saunters to the endzone, but you know what? I don't think I feel like scoring yet. First, some fun.

You can see the guys at the bottom of the screen kicking off the fun by fouling up the prone Altamute. He's a tough little bugger, tho', doesn't go out. Nor is anyone sent off.

update7_060.jpg

update7_063.jpg

update7_064.jpg

Well, that was refreshing...

update7_066.jpg

With only 3 or 4 skaven players left on the pitch, rabidredneck saunters in for the score.

Chaos Warriors have way better endzone celebrations than beastmen.

update7_071.jpg

They luck out on recovery rolls, and manage to field 9 players next possession.

update7_078.jpg

Doesn't help them. Nhiik had the ball, but an effective blitz stops him short. Biz has it here, but as you can see he lacks two MAs for a touchdown.

update7_080.jpg

So instead I spent the last turn bashing skulls. Hurray!

update7_081.jpg

7 tackles and 13 KOs. Not bad. Sadly, they're not worth dick in the SPP department, and we only got one casualty.

update7_082.jpg

Still, we spread the ball around well. Biz is kind of starting to take off SPP-wise, so we need to balance it out with a better spread of SPPs. In particular I'd like to see Vortexx level up to give him sure hands as well, but it'll take an MVP for him to do so.

update7_084.jpg

HanoverF levels up and gets block. I'm really crapping out on my level up rolls. I only got one double so far, and zero stat upgrades. Not that I mind picking blocks here, but still.

update7_085.jpg

And our 13th player joins the team. Welcome, Silellak.

Back to Shuma for a minute. He's got a permanent injury:
Damaged Back
Niggling injury, adds 1 to subsequent injury rolls made by player

I'm thinking "not the biggest of deals". If he'd lose a strength or agility point, I'd consider unceremoniously dumping the player and replacing him, but Shuma is level 2 and not done running at all. Thoughts?

Regardless, we're done with the regular season. The playoffs kick off with a rematch against the Noxious Nibblers. Ugh. Just like last time. Let's hope for better times this season, no?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Is there a demo of this thing anywhere? I wonder if my rig can handle it, but unfortunately after some googling I cannot find a demo version. This LP (and the one by A. Davis) makes me want to try it...

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
No demo, unfortunately. I'm thinking they might get round to one once the full release comes about, but that's all the way in September.

Back to Shuma for a minute. He's got a permanent injury:
Damaged Back
Niggling injury, adds 1 to subsequent injury rolls made by player

I'm thinking "not the biggest of deals". If he'd lose a strength or agility point, I'd consider unceremoniously dumping the player and replacing him, but Shuma is level 2 and not done running at all. Thoughts?

Sub him for a less experienced player when appropriate (i.e. games in which you're already >1TD ahead or in tournaments where you've a game spare) until such time as you've enough players at level 2, and then use him as a sub. If he takes any more permanent injuries consider dropping him.
I guess you should really be doing this kind of rotation anyway, as spreading the XP to non-first team players should help in having the depth in your squad to withstand waves of injuries and will also come in useful once players begin to retire.

:Strength&Depth:

Shuma

Scholar
As soon as you get extra cash, ditch him. You can't afford extra TV on players with permanent injuries.

NO MERCY! SLAAN DOES NOT ACCEPT THE WEAK!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That seems a bit...harsh, Shuma.

Shuma can still play as well as anyone. There's just a risk of his next injury being worse because of his current back injury. Obviously if that 'appens he's out...

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Things worked out quite well there, I guess this is a sign that every game shall be preceded by the Ritual of the Pre-Game Sacrifice.

bgillisp

Scholar
Brother None said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
I've had tough times against Wood Elves but they're not impossible to play. They tend to undercover their thrower and just hope for the long pass, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I'm playing as the wood elves, and I find the tactic that works the best is to either 1) Box up the thrower and send the catcher + one other off to the other side then pass to them when a chance presents itself (usually only takes one turn to get an opening, so only have to survive one round of blitzes), or 2) set up a chain of linemen and use a handoff/pass combo + some dodges to move the ball. The 2nd is riskier though as you may end a turn with the ball carrier unprotected. Still, it works farily well against slow teams as they cannot catch up with you to do any harm.

First match with Chaos coming up though (cup 4) so I'll see how this team holds against them soon.

bgillisp

Scholar
Brother None said:
With two back-to-back matches lost against passing teams, I think I need to evaluate some of my strategies. I'm also really not causing enough damage for a chaos team. The 4th ranking is well-deserved, but honestly kind of meaningless since we'll all meet again in the playoffs anyway.

Not true, in some of the later cups only 1st and 2nd place make the playoffs. Your position at the end of the regular season games will matter starting with cup 3.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
bgillisp said:
Not true, in some of the later cups only 1st and 2nd place make the playoffs. Your position at the end of the regular season games will matter starting with cup 3.

I never said otherwise.

Rabidredneck said:
Things worked out quite well there, I guess this is a sign that every game shall be preceded by the Ritual of the Pre-Game Sacrifice.

I don't know how many puppies you're sacrificing, but keep it up. You've gone from a constant dirt-eater, to, well...wait and see...

Match 8!

Going against the Skavens again, first match of the playoffs. Again. This is where our season fell apart last time, guys, let's try not to have it happen...again?

update8_001.jpg

Ohkies? Not sure what's going on here, really. I assume they still lack players but they'll soon show up with - like - 12 or so, plus the hero. wtfbbq? Where'd they get all these players from? And holy shit...

update8_008.jpg

That is a huge dude. He has a strength score of 6, meaning none of my guys would even remotely have a chance one-on-one. They lack a rat ogre tho' (why? I dunno, I didn't kill him in the last match), so he's their only big un

update8_006.jpg

Anyway, back to turn one. No luck on the coin flip this time, so I'm kicking off. Pin the ball where I want it, and their turn is tragically shortened by a foolish attempt to block NiM82. That's to say, he does manage the block, but not only downs himself, but actually injures himself in the process. Dumbass.

update8_12txt.jpg

update8_13txt.jpg

Frith, I can't believe he fell for that.

Skavens. All the speed in the world, none of the brains.

Next turn, their hero Headsplitter surprise me by blitzing away from the strong side (where the thrower is), towards Mantiis, on the weak side (where the thrower isn't) (and yes, I'll keep using these terms even though they make no sense in this context)

update8_015.jpg

And...kills him? Holy shit. No offense to my guys, but this dude is badass, first thing he does in a game and someone dies.

Mantiis is brought back by the infirmary. No permanent damage.

update8_019.jpg

Rabidredneck works off a bit of rewenge on one of their runners.

update8_020.jpg

More importantly, their odd tactics left their thrower exposed. 4 going for it rolls later and I have him boxed up.

update8_021.jpg

Meanwhile, Headsplitter...injures Jim Cojones. Holy fucking shit, dude, how badass are you? You're badass enough to save the president!

(nothing permanent on Cojones either, but I lost him for the match, and that is a problem)

In our next turn, HanoverF and kingcomrade down their thrower but he's quickly back up again. The ball's on the pitch. AND THEY BLITZ IN HEADSPLITTER! RUN, GUYS, RUN WHILE YOU C...

update8_026.jpg

...Holy shit, did you guys see that? You can say a lot about kingcomrade, but that is one badass dude, downing a giant like that.

update8_027.jpg

Does this badassery never stop? Kingcomrade picks up the ball and punches it in, free and clear.

update8_028.jpg

RAH RAH RAH RAH!

update8_034.jpg

In a kind of bizarre moment, the Skavens actually set up the wall for my next kickoff. The Wall is a pure basher-style formation, so apparently they're looking to brawl. Given their badass hero I can't fully blame them, but whut? Skaven brawling with Chaos?

update8_035.jpg

Rabidredneck does a little Masterclass on why this is a bad idea, smashing Deetzh's hip.

update8_040.jpg

And again they're leaving us pretty free to blitz.

update8_043.jpg

Thantch avoids the blitz!!!

...in the stupidest way possible.

Seriously, I like retarded puppies as much as the next guy, but this is like watching Dan Orlovsky scrambling out of the endzone for a safety under no pressure whatsoever. Noxious Nibblers? Noxious Lions more like.

update8_044.jpg

We down him. Duh.

Notice all those players surrounding Headsplitter? That's 3 chaos warriors and 2 beastmen. I needed that many players to get two dice. That's right, that many players just to give me a shot at blocking him.

I think I'll be avoiding Headsplitter from now on.

update8_046.jpg

And who should move in to pick it up with consumate ease, but rabidredneck. There's no stopping that dude tonight.

(and yes, Mantiis knocked down Headsplitter on the left)

update8_049.jpg

A blitz attempt fails as the Skaven fumbles his going for it roll.

I have monocause clear the way for rabidredneck, but he still has some distance to run...

update8_050.jpg

Ugh, I have bad experiences with this, but it's turn 8, last play of the half, I don't have any choice, and will have to rely on rabid's sacrificial karma getting us through. I "only" need two going for it rolls, after all.

update8_051.jpg

Going...

update8_052.jpg

Going...

update8_053.jpg

GONE!

update8_054.jpg

"I can't hear you" and the crowd goes bonkers!

Halftime!

update8_058.jpg

We're receiving now and we did manage to put a few of them out of commission, but they *still* field 10 players, with their star player on the pitch.

update8_069.jpg

A turn or so into the second half, we got Vortexx with the ball and in nice position. By some miracle, Headsplitter is down and I'd like to keep him that way, so I run our fouling expert Ogg (Jr) in, and we foul him up good. No injuries, but he's out an extra turn (they turn from lying prone on their back to prone on their stomach to indicate another turn down).

update8_075.jpg

Two turns later the ball hasn't advanced much.

And Ogg Jr...*sigh* Just like his old man...tries to tackle Headsplitter on his own. Not the brightest of ideas, kid.

Headsplitter soon blitzes in and knocks Vortexx down. Rabidredneck (who else) then tackles the star player.

update8_079.jpg

Meanwhile, kingcomrade and SerratedBiz help two of the Skaven players enjoy their time with the fans. That annoying hardy lil' shit Altamute dies from the beating he takes. Nice.

update8_081.jpg

And once again, rabidredneck has the ball, in good position. Man, everything is going great, until...

update8_084.jpg

I fuck up. Yeah, this one is 100% on me. I try to have rabidredneck run the ball up further north, somehow not noticing Lhetuk is right at his back. Like a total dumbass, I even ignore the red dice indicating he's leaving a tackle zone and have him run up. Tried to reroll it, but no good, he's tackled.

Dice fucked me up a bit, turning up a one twice, but I should have spotted the tackle threat, as I could easily take down Lhetuk before attempting a run.

My bad, guys, my bad.

update8_086.jpg

Thantch tries to run away from OldSkoolKamikaze, and while Kamikaze's tentacles fail, his fist doesn't. For some reason this prompts Headsplitter into doing a little dance.

Weirdo.

update8_087.jpg

Ogg Jr picked up the ball right in front of Headsplitter. Yeah, I'm not keeping it there, so he attempts a pass to kingcomrade. A daring stunt on a lucky night, will it work?

update8_088.jpg

'course not. Ogg Jr fumbles the pass.

update8_092.jpg

Last turn, I try the same stunt. kingcomrade picks it up, and tries to pass it to Silellak, who with going for its is just within TD range. Nothing doing, tho'.

update8_094.jpg

No biggy. We once again won with eye-popping occupation numbers (90% of opposition half! Secret to success much?). 2 TDs, 2 casualties, not bad. The 8 yards passing while the Skavens have zero are a laugh-and-a-half.

update8_095.jpg

Rabidredneck justifiably gets the most points a non-MVP ever got on this team, for his TD and injury caused.

Shuma, who Shuma wanted me to unceremoniously dump, is MVP. Rabidredneck and Shuma are both a single point removed from level 3.

The dwarves took care of the Hummies, so the finals will be between Seattle Seaskuas and the Grudge Bearers! Will we take it all and grab the cup, or will we once again come within toes distance of glory before falling flat on the face? Join us next time!

Silellak

Cipher
One thing I've wondered - if you manage to kill a "hero" in a match (assuming it's even possible), are they gone from that campaign? That'd be pretty damn cool, and would lend itself well to the potential strategy of fouling a hero as often as possible. Somehow I doubt that's the case, though.

Since I'll probably be starting over in Classic mode, would anyone be interested in a Skaven-based Let's Play? I've been frustrated playing against them so often that it might be fun play as them, but I'm also pretty sure I suck something fierce with a non-smashy team, so I'd have to practice a bit first.

Thoughts?

PS - Sorry I failed my pick-up. I can only assume it's because I've played Dwarves for so long I've forgotten how to handle that whole "ball" thing.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Heroes have their own, super-deluxe apothecaries that can unfailingly bring them back from the dead. At least that's what the rulebook says. :shock:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Silellak said:
One thing I've wondered - if you manage to kill a "hero" in a match (assuming it's even possible), are they gone from that campaign? That'd be pretty damn cool, and would lend itself well to the potential strategy of fouling a hero as often as possible. Somehow I doubt that's the case, though.

As said, heroes can't die. Which makes sense. It'd be really weird killing Griff Oberwald

Silellak said:
PS - Sorry I failed my pick-up. I can only assume it's because I've played Dwarves for so long I've forgotten how to handle that whole "ball" thing.

I was just having a bit of fun. It'd have been cool if one of the passes succeeded, for the pass-catch SPP if nothing else, but no worries.

In fact, while Ogg Jr rolled a 5 for his pickup and kingcomrade a 6 for his, every other action failed

NIB: Catch roll(6+) by Headsplitter#07: 1 -> Failed
SLA: Launch roll(5+) by Ogg Jr#05: 2 -> Failed

NIB: Catch roll(6+) by Headsplitter#07: 3 -> Failed
SLA: Launch roll(5+) by kingcomrad#08: 3 -> Failed
SLA: Catch roll(6+) by silellak#13: 2 -> Failed

That's a whole lot of failures.

PS: anyone else notice? The Skavens have some die-hard fans. I beat them twice and they did not lose a point of fan factor.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
I was laughing at the awseomness of my character tonight. Seriously, this match made my day. :mrgreen:

I'm not sacrificing puppies....exclusivley...Fortunately, the EZ Sacrifice kit comes with a handy victim guide. Subscribe to the book club like me and get the latest edition every month :twisted:

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I'm watching my boy from beastmen's heaven (for those interested, it looks kinda like the Codex). I'm very proud of his performance. He's all for the team! All for the show! All for the blood! (his blood I bet). I see he've learned from my experience too and lets his teammates do the running. Quite smart, my son!

Marsal

Arcane
Silellak said:
Since I'll probably be starting over in Classic mode, would anyone be interested in a Skaven-based Let's Play? I've been frustrated playing against them so often that it might be fun play as them, but I'm also pretty sure I suck something fierce with a non-smashy team, so I'd have to practice a bit first.

Thoughts?

Go Goblins or Skaven. No practice!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Match 9!

This is it, guys, the big one. It's not against a passing team so we might actually have a shot.

Here's something I haven't shown you guys yet: you can check out the opposition's team before the match.

update9_001.jpg

As you can see, they have 14 players, so I can forget about trying to whittle down their numbers over the course of the match (a bad tactic against dwarves anyway). Most of 'em are level 2, but keep an eye on that level 3 blocker, Throndrin, who at level 3 has dauntless and mighty blow, making him a mini-troll slayer.

Speaking of troll slayers, note that Borgraz here only has an AV of 7 due to a serious concussion suffered previously. It should be possible to knock him out of the match if I take him head-on often enough.

We're playing in one of my favourite stadiums...

update9_006.jpg

update9_008.jpg

Me likey.

update9_011.jpg

I win the coinflip and decide to receive the ball. I always find this a tough call to make against muscular teams: it helps to get the first knocks in which means it's better to be receiving, but receiving also means you lack a free player and have to be wary of blitzes all the time, you can knock heads more freely if you're kicking. Anyway, receiving it is.

update9_013.jpg

Here's one for the kids. This is probably the most dangerous pre-snap event in the game, I've seen people die from having rocks thrown at them, as there is no armour roll, just an immediate injury roll. Apparently we tie up, and they knock out Biz and one of the dwarven blockers. Both are just down, not out.

update9_015.jpg

With Biz still nibbling grass peacefully, Vortexx picks up the ball with ease (this dude is a born running back, I say).

update9_018.jpg

I've moved Vortexx up the middle since I'm fearing blitzes from the edge, neither of which looks particularly strong.

Cojones took Borgraz to task last turn, hoping the mighty blows helps speeds us to injury. Them having one troll slayer less would be a gamechanger. Borgraz is not getting up so Cojones turns to the blocker still standing.

update9_019.jpg

You could already see it in the above shot; the claw's doing its job. Nice.

update9_021.jpg

Edging Vortexx to the left, where we're blowing open holes for him to run through.

update9_024.jpg

Decided to try and push my advantage by having kingcomrade foul up a prone dwarf. It doesn't work out as I'd hoped, I roll low on the armor roll so no permanent damage (not even a stunned!), and the ref sends kingcomrade off for the rest of the match.

update9_026.jpg

Oh yeah baby! Here's a shock; after having Cojones relentlessly follow through on blocks on Borgraz, it's OldSkoolKamikaze's OldSkool BadAssery that knocks the other troll slayer, Gronti, right out of the game!

update9_030.jpg

Topdown view gives us a nice overview; Vortexx is clearly out of reach of all dwarven players, so I just stick him to the line. I need to push my numerical advantage because they'll just field 11 players next possession (but with one troll slayer less, HAHA!), so if I can do any more damage, even if it's just KOs, so much more the better. Borgraz, blitzers and runners in particular are targets.

update9_033.jpg

No real luck, tho'. Cojones uses Claw *and* Mighty Blow on Durgraz here, but the dwarf's thick skull skill saves him from being KOd. Nice skill, that.

update9_037.jpg

Who de baddest mofo in town who score all dem touchdowns?

I'm talkin' 'bout Vortexx.

The added advantage of the delay before the touchdown is shortening their scoring opportunity window. They'll get the ball again in the second half and we'll see how it goes, but at least they won't score before that, not in 2 turns.

I'm down one player (sent off), they have two in the injury ward but no KOs, so we're both fielding full teams.

Now, they take the ball and move in over their left side. I'm takin' 'em down in the center, but then faced with a conundrum: rabidredneck and Jim Cojones are both in position to hit Borgraz. I'd normally use Jim since I'm still hoping to mighty blow the troll slayer away, but Jim has another blocking opportunity. Rabid doesn't, so I decide to rely on his sacrificial karma once again...

update9_045.jpg

AHAHAHA YES! That's the game for their second troll slayer, who leaves the pitch with a damaged back.

update9_050.jpg

And Ho-Ly shit. I couldn't be making this up. rabidredneck rubs off some sacrificial luck on Jim Cojones, who proceeds to mighty blow another dwarf (a blocker) out of the game. Twofer much?

update9_054.jpg

Not looking bad. We got the numerical edge and we're closing in on their runner from all sides.

update9_057.jpg

Fucker escapes! Ah well...

Halftime!

update9_060.jpg

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

update9_065.jpg

They have only 10 players on the pitch, and their turn is swiftly ended by a foolhardy attempt to block rabidredneck.

update9_070.jpg

At last they're putting up a bit of resistance, killing Shuma.

Remember, his niggling injury adds to any injury roll, so the roll here went; 3+6+1 (Mighty Blow)+1 (Niggling Injury).

Bit of a pain in the ass, but the apothecary brings him back with no damages suffered (you'd better believe that if Shuma gets another permanent injury I'm euthanizing him).

update9_076.jpg

Anyway, the push pays off and a blitz path is cleared for HanoverF.

update9_077.jpg

Ugh. Reroll?

update9_078.jpg

Thank Frith for the Block skill.

update9_081.jpg

Hanover has some movement points left and is the last one moving this turn, so I have him pick up the ball. Success!

update9_084.jpg

They try to box up HanoverF so I move in to free him up from bl-HOLY SHIT ANOTHER INJURY?!

I have no idea what's going on here. Someone must've put one heck of a curse on those dwarves.

update9_086.jpg

I KNOW WHAT I WANT
AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

Almost starting to feel sorry for 'em. Despite having a 14-strong team, the can field only 9 players the next possession. NINE! And the only dude I'm missing is kingcomrade, who was sent off.

update9_096.jpg

Ball goes out of bounds and they touchback it to their blitzer. For those who regularly play dwarves: this is not a bad idea. You tend to give it to your runner by default, but blitzers have only one less movement allowed and are significantly harder to down. Depending on how much time you have to score, I'd consider following the AI in this.

update9_100.jpg

They're understaffed so I'm not...Wait what? Another injury?! Yip, HanoverF takes out Fimagor. They're down to 8, and must be panicking pretty badly by now.

update9_103.jpg

We're moving in on their ball carrier from two sides, which apparently confuses the AI, who take the blitzer's protection away on the side Mantiis and Biz are coming in on.

update9_105.jpg

No luck downing him, but he's not going anywhere now.

Or so I think. Next turn I go for four more blocks (!) and none of them give a defender down, only both downs, attacker downs or pushed backs.

update9_111.jpg

So no wonder, he escapes. Towards Jim Cojones. Probably not the best of ideas.

update9_112.jpg

Mantiis ringing the bell. Only seven dwarves standing, now.

update9_114.jpg

Finally manage to take that damned blitzer down a notch.

update9_116.jpg

And *another* blitzer picks it up and runs away with it!

comingforyou.jpg

That does not make me happy.

update9_118.jpg

Cojones brings him down.

Try for a bit of lateral run fun here, as rabidredneck picks it up and passes it to Ogg Jr. The pass is perfect (rolled a 6), but Ogg fumbles the catch, and the game closes.

update9_123.jpg

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMPIOOOOOOOOOOOOONS!!!

"Congratulations, you are an winner"

update9_121.jpg

Not an above-average match in most ways. Not a high viewer rating, bizarre occupation numbers as usual, earned very little cash (20k), but my fan rating went up one. And HLYSHTWTFBBQ, six casualties. SIX. I don't think I got that much against squishier teams.

update9_122.jpg

Naturally, a mass of SPPs follows. 23, in fact.

update9_133.jpg

Resulting in two level ups. The first is rabidredneck, who gets a nice set of claws to go along with his block skill.

update9_144.jpg

And Monocause's massive 7 SPPs naturally push him up a level. He gets the normal bread'n'butter skill, block.

Still only rolled a double once, and no stat ups.

We did well individually on this tournament:
SerratedBiz top scorer with 3 TDs
SerratedBiz best runner with 142 yards gained
Mantiis best defender with 5 knock downs
Jim Cojones most violent with 3 injuries, deaths caused

And the team is still leading overall in several categories:
Best defense with 4 TDs against
In casualties with 21 injuries, deaths caused
In occupation of opponent's half with 67%

We're also second in TDs scored with 14

update9_136.jpg

Team stats. Biz and rabid are obviously leading the pack. Silellak falls just out of the roster as #13 but neither he nor Ogg Jr nor Mantiis have any SPPs so far. I mostly wish NiM would hurry up with the level-up, tho'. And Shuma, Jim Cojones and kamikaze are all on the cusp of level 3.

update9_138.jpg

Team shot. Look at those badasses.

I bought one extra cheerleader. Money's still not easy to come by, but I have 60k left, exactly enough for one extra beastman. I'd rather save up for a reroll, tho'. What say you, Codex?

update9_131.jpg

The Orc-Toof Cup is up next.
We shot up in the rankings, from 57th to 36th, but we're not exactly playing with the big boys yet.

I wish I had some good news about the upcoming cup but I don't. I was really hoping to show off some new races now but we're facing human-dwarf-skaven AGAIN. Different teams this time, tho'. Season schedule:
Match 1: Slaanesh Seaskuas - The Marauders (Human)
Match 2: Dwarf Anvils (Dwarf) - Slaanesh Seaskuas
Match 3: Slaanesh Seaskuas - Tunnellers (Skaven)

Bleh. Boring. I'll try to zoom through these matchups unless something interesting happens, like another slaughter or a loss.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Definitely save for the re-roll, can't have too many of those.

Looking ahead for the next level-up (assuming i'm not slaughtered on the way) I would suggest either

Tackle (Improved utility)
Thick Skull (Personal Defence)

It's a shame we can't get sponsors in the game mode your playing in, extra cash would be helpful.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Rabidredneck said:
Tackle (Improved utility)
Thick Skull (Personal Defence)

Then it'd probably be tackle. Thick Skull is nice if you have it, but like horns it's a bit too low-level to consider before vital skills

Ideally I want all my chaos warriors to read block/tackle/claws/prehensile tail, and from then on out see where they go. Mighty Blow, probably.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
2 Rerolls? Definitely save for more. If you're trying to get a Chaos Warrior to level you can always make him run in your touchdowns. I wouldn't try any fancy throwing shit, but they're the same agi as beastmen so they suck just as much at picking up the ball or taking a handoff.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I am pleased with my performance so far! It's always good to have a good runner, so aside from Dodge I'd think of giving him Side Step or something which seems to be the bread and butter skill for a runner who needs to move around.

That last game was awesome, I don't think I've ever seen dwarves die so much in one game! Certainly puts my last game against them with a skaven team in perspective.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
SerratedBiz said:
I am pleased with my performance so far! It's always good to have a good runner, so aside from Dodge I'd think of giving him Side Step or something which seems to be the bread and butter skill for a runner who needs to move around.

Not a big fan of sidestep. Multiple Arms seems the obvious next step for Biz.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Super LP, and making me really want this game. But I think I might be waiting for the price to drop more - especially if they're going to blacklist those cheap keys. Much as I loved bloodbowl tabletop, I am not going to be paying 50 euros for a PC version of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom