Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play BLOOD BOWL! WAAAAAGH!

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, real time is ass, Turn based is good, but damn the comp loves to sweeten it's rolls.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Mnemon said:
Hm. Not a single foul thrown yet? When you got that deathroller down kicking it would have likely saved you some headache.

For some tactic help:
http://fumbbl.com/help:OrcStrategy

http://fumbbl.com/help:Defensive+Setups

http://fumbbl.com/help:The+Taoch!+of+Bl ... or+Newbies

http://fumbbl.com/help:OTT <-- scoring a touchdown in one turn is a bit of an advanced thing to do and usually only works if the opponent's setup is bad. But well ... chances are the AI will make some mistakes on that end.

Unlike Chaos League, fouls generate NO spp, which really makes me one of the most clean playing ork teams in existence.

The game is over, I took a break to hang out with my girl. I'm writing it up now.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Anthony Davis said:
Unlike Chaos League, fouls generate NO spp, which really makes me one of the most clean playing ork teams in existence.

Obviously this cannot stand. Get a goblin with a chainsaw, stat! :twisted:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
GAME THREE!

BloodBowl_001.jpg

Going into Game Three, everyone is fit and strong - I would expect no less from orks.

BloodBowl_002.jpg

At this point in the season, we hold 4(!) best spots... I think I negotiated for 1 or 2... who would have known?

BloodBowl_004.jpg

For training this week, I decide to mix it up and try strength training on King Comrade the Black Ork. He succeeds in training, but gains no point bonus. The Rotten Rats get 170,000 gold in inducements and spend it on checking my players for enhancement drugs and bodyguards, which was a waste of money since I am not spending private money on this stuff yet.

BloodBowl_005.jpg

One thing to notice, the Rotten Rats have SIX positions on the BEST board, namely for passing and running. I am a bit worried since they also have 14 players...geesh.

BloodBowl_006.jpg

The line up. Skaven LOOK tougher than they actually are. They aren't even as tough as humans, but they sure look like they would chew your face off.

BloodBowl_007.jpg

We win the coin toss and set up A-Train to receive the kick.

BloodBowl_008.jpg

Note: You can zoom in and watch the game REALLY close, but it makes it hard to figure out what is going on.

BloodBowl_009.jpg

Kick off event, we get an extra re-roll, sweet.

BloodBowl_010.jpg

First play of the game and Jaesade send a skaven to pitch with his dome ringing!

BloodBowl_011.jpg

A-Train deftly scoops the ball. I normally like to save my potential turn over moves (like failing to pick up the ball) for the end of the turn, but in this case I have to know where the ball is to build my protective cage.

BloodBowl_012.jpg

Form of...PROTECTIVE GREEN CAGE!

BloodBowl_013.jpg

Which the skaven procede to tear up with surprising ease...sending Fat Dragon to the pitch with a Bad Injury, he's out for the game!

BloodBowl_014.jpg

...getting 4 skaven players adjacent to A-Train and a 5th within striking distance! We need some serious WAAAGH!

BloodBowl_015.jpg

Blackadder with a BOTH DOWN block which stuns the skaven.

BloodBowl_016.jpg

I didn't get a good screengrab of this, but basically the blitz comes in and strips the ball from A-Train, miraculously Hooked Pete comes up with the ball! Yes, that's right, the Lineman got the ball!

BloodBowl_017.jpg

Blackadder saves us from the blitz again as I try to repel these frikkin rats that are scrambling over the wall.

BloodBowl_018.jpg

Skyway goes for the block, the both go down, the skaven is KILLED! FATALITY! WAAAAAGH!

BloodBowl_019.jpg

Hooked Pete says its now or never and breaks on a slant for the goal line with the rest of the orks struggling to keep up! King Comrade sends another rat to the pitch.

BloodBowl_020.jpg

The skaven are INCREDIBLY fast. One of them skirts all the way around the cage and goes for the blitz...HOOKED PETE SHRUGS HIM AND SENDS HIM TO THE PITCH!

BloodBowl_021.jpg

BloodBowl_022.jpg

Blackadder and Hummelgumpf both send skavens to the pitch with a matching set of broken ribs! Wow, these guys fold like soccer players...

BloodBowl_023.jpg

The skaven side of the field is starting to look like a battlefield hospital. 1 dead, 2 with broken ribs, 2 with cracked domes.

BloodBowl_024.jpg

Hooked Pete is getting close! We are almost out of time before the half-time bell!

BloodBowl_025.jpg

King Comrade sends ANOTHER rat to the pitch with a cracked dome!

BloodBowl_026.jpg

TOUCHDOWN HOOKED PETE!

BloodBowl_027.jpg

The cheerleaders go...(urp)...wild. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

BloodBowl_028.jpg

One turn before halftime and skaven is missing about half of their team.

BloodBowl_029.jpg

Since Fat Dragon is out for the game, I have no choice but to field Vortexx ;-).

BloodBowl_030.jpg

It's almost like we aren't playing anyone.

BloodBowl_031.jpg

Here comes the kick off! Special kick off event, the orks get a free blitz turn!

BloodBowl_032.jpg

Which Hummelgumpf uses to flatten a skaven.

BloodBowl_034.jpg

As if Skaven agility wasn't a big enough problem, this guys has sure hands too.

BloodBowl_035.jpg

I suspect the skaven aren't actually trying to build a protective cage, my hunch is they are trying to get a rat downfield for a pass. My hunch is because they are ruling the passing game on the Best Players board.

BloodBowl_036.jpg

Jim Cajones fails a block and takes a dirt nap causing a premature turnover.

BloodBowl_037.jpg

Skyway with the blitz! Skaven goes down and is knocked out! For those who don't know, the bell symbols mean a KO (or worse sometimes) and that player is out for at least a few turns, possibly the half or the game.

BloodBowl_038.jpg

The skaven ball carrier is retreating, but his little rat buddies have slipped over the wall...

BloodBowl_037.jpg

King Comrade (I think) sends another rat out of the game!

BloodBowl_040.jpg

Knowing the pass is coming, I double team his eligible receivers and try to put them in the dirt... Skyway uses the blitz and puts the closest eligible receive to the carrier down.

BloodBowl_041.jpg

Having only one blitz, I can only double team and hope for some pass blocking or a lucky turnover. The receiver that is farthest away I can only get one ork on, but is Vortexx and I know he is hungry enough to make me proud!

BloodBowl_042.jpg

NOOOOOOO! VORTEXX!

BloodBowl_043.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

BloodBowl_044.jpg

Ok...shake it off. We got 4 turns to break the tie, or at least prevent a loss. We receive the kick off and Darth Roxor gets the ball. King Comrade starts knockin'em down again. Somewhere around here I get a notification that King Comrade has completed the "Showtime!" Objective for clobbering 5 players in a single game.

BloodBowl_046.jpg

Holy moly, did I mention that skaven are fast?

BloodBowl_047.jpg

Bad screengrab, but basically the greenwall managed to come down there and clobber that one rat allowing Darth Roxor to skirt up the field before a bad black by Blackadder causes a turnover. Darth Roxor only has one defender at the moment, but thankfully it is King Comrade who has been stomping the rats all game.

BloodBowl_048.jpg

Spoke to soon...the rats manage to dig up a pair and send KC to the pitch...

BloodBowl_049.jpg

Hummelgumpf and Sovard do their best to keep up and screen for Darth Roxor... King Comrade BLITZES! Leaping up from the ground he sends another rat to the hospital!

BloodBowl_050.jpg

Darth Roxor takes off like either a very fast dwarf, or a really slow skaven. We are running out of time!

BloodBowl_051.jpg

A-Train does his best to cover, but the rats are being flattened by the Green Wall.

BloodBowl_052.jpg

One of the rats uses blitz, but cuts through KC's tackle zone and pays the price.

BloodBowl_054.jpg

The rats push themselves with 'Go For It' but fail to reach Darth Roxor. heh, look at the bodies in the rat hospital...

BloodBowl_055.jpg

TOUCHDOWN DARTH ROXOR! That is the game!

BloodBowl_056.jpg

The final result!

BloodBowl_057.jpg

I just discovered this handy feature with which I use to double check my notes.

BloodBowl_058.jpg

While I thought King Comrade would have been a shoo in for MVP, I guess the spectable of a linemen scoring was too amazing for the judges to ignore. Hooked Pete with the MVP award! MVP award is an instant 5 spp.

BloodBowl_059.jpg

Hooked Pete is our sole level gain and I choose block for him, which will allow him to negate BOTH DOWN rolls.

BloodBowl_060.jpg

There is no choosing for our next match, we are playing the stunties AGAIN, but it looks like someone has been hammering the crap out of them...look at how bad they look before the next match!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
God this game is starting to piss me off. Dwarfs are just so fucking overpowered it's not even funny. They win every single fucking roll no matter how many in support I have or few in support they have. Every turn they knock out 3/4 of my players. They have not once ever failed a dodge roll. Ever. And, of course, they have really good armor so the most you can ever do when trying to Block them is knock them back a square (the most common result is Both Knocked Down, and because all Dwarfs seem to have the Block ability, this means Your Player Knocked Down And Turnover). Their drawback is that they are supposed to have fewer move points but they can still move halfway down the field.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It's just so ridiculous I almost broke my keyboard in nerd rage. I normally don't get pissed at games like this but I paid 50 fucking dollars which I don't normally do, just to get beaten by MIDGET QUEERS

IN FORTY THOUSAND YEARS YOU WILL ALL GET ATE BY TYRANIDS

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
kingcomrade said:
God this game is starting to piss me off. Dwarfs are just so fucking overpowered it's not even funny. They win every single fucking roll no matter how many in support I have or few in support they have. Every turn they knock out 3/4 of my players. They have not once ever failed a dodge roll. Ever. And, of course, they have really good armor so the most you can ever do when trying to Block them is knock them back a square (the most common result is Both Knocked Down, and because all Dwarfs seem to have the Block ability, this means Your Player Knocked Down And Turnover). Their drawback is that they are supposed to have fewer move points but they can still move halfway down the field.

Yeah, the AI rolls are ridonkulous sometimes. That's why I bought the re-rolls for this LP. Also, I use 4 BO's for linemen and keep the Blitzers on the wings.

I just finished game 4 against the dorfs, Bugmen's Best again and they had 560,000 in inducements! They hired FOUR heroes for the game. Ugh.

Write up will come later though.

I'm really enjoying the game, I just now pick skills that allow me to mitigate bad rolls, like Block and the like.

Mantiis

Cipher
kingcomrade said:
It's just so ridiculous I almost broke my keyboard in nerd rage. I normally don't get pissed at games like this but I paid 50 fucking dollars which I don't normally do, just to get beaten by MIDGET QUEERS

Haha this made me laugh out loud, at work. Damn you!

All I cant suggest vs dorfs is only tackle when you need to and when you do make sure you have at least 2 dice. Also if you push them back do not follow unless you have a good reason to.

@Anthony, I notice when you kick off you don't kick deep, is this because you are going for a turnover early? I have a dood with the kick skill who hits the spot almost everytime so I tend to kick it deep to make it harder for them to attack early. Hmm now that I think about it I should prolly kick deep vs slow races and close when vs a squishy race (while I am playing a tough race like Chaos...)

I love mutations!

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Mantiis said:
kingcomrade said:

Haha this made me laugh out loud, at work. Damn you!

All I cant suggest vs dorfs is only tackle when you need to and when you do make sure you have at least 2 dice. Also if you push them back do not follow unless you have a good reason to.

@Anthony, I notice when you kick off you don't kick deep, is this because you are going for a turnover early? I have a dood with the kick skill who hits the spot almost everytime so I tend to kick it deep to make it harder for them to attack early. Hmm now that I think about it I should prolly kick deep vs slow races and close when vs a squishy race (while I am playing a tough race like Chaos...)

I love mutations!

Oh yeah, I almost always only tackle offensivley when I have 2 dice, 3 if I can get it.

My luck seems to be that if I kick deep, it goes out of bounds.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Watch the dorfs when they move, I have never once seen them lose a 'Go for it' roll My guy breaks his neck if I don't reroll. Luckily they don't use 'go for it' all the time. I got lucky when I played them (Chaos) and knocked out a ton of their guys early in the first half when the ref got changed and wouldn't call a penalty.

Also it was my first match so none of this inducement crap. I gave up playing Blitz because 5 matches in the opposing team had mad money for inducements and I was still having trouble fielding a full team because of injuries

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Welcome back to Blood Bowl, Game 4!

BloodBowl_002.jpg

Today's game sees the Codex Orks versus Bugmen's Best for the 3rd time this season (sheesh)!
When we last looked at the Bugmen, their team was looking pretty beat up...which says to me that they are going to get a TON of inducement gold to balance things out.

Let's get down to it!
BloodBowl_001.jpg

For this game I once again tried to train up King Comrade's strength, and this time we succeeded! For this next game, King Comrade will have +1 strength. As I feared, the Bugmen got 560,000 gold in inducements and hired 2 troll-slayers, a deathroller, and some other dude. Oh boy...

BloodBowl_003.jpg

There is the line up on the pitch, I can see the flaming red hair of the troll-slayers from here...

BloodBowl_005.jpg

We lose the coin toss and have to kick-off to the dorfs.

BloodBowl_006.jpg

Right out of the gate the dorfs flatten my left wing, but nothing too serious. Blackadder makes one troll-slayer pay for getting through the line by hammering him into the pitch.

BloodBowl_007.jpg

Darth Roxor fails me even with a re-roll and we have our first turnover for the game.

BloodBowl_010.jpg

Hooked Pete shows his mettle by hammering another troll-slayer into the dirt, this time he's out for the game with a pinched nerve!

BloodBowl_011.jpg

As we try to cage the dorfs on the left to prevent the run, Sovard fails a block and we have our second turn-over.

BloodBowl_013.jpg

All four Black Orks plus Hooked Pete are trying desperately to contain the deathroller. The dorf ball carrier, sensing he cannot get through the green wall, decides to high tail it and swing around to the other side.

BloodBowl_014.jpg

I give chase, leaving a few behind to try and slow up the runners... I suspect a pass is coming.

BloodBowl_015.jpg

I'm very weak on the right side, thanks to the deathroller, with just a a thrower and a blitzer to prevent any running.

BloodBowl_016.jpg

The dorfs try to slip through the tacklezone of A-Train and fail causing a TO.

BloodBowl_017.jpg

Hooked Pete trys to break free from the deathroller and fails, and we have our own turnover too. We still aren't quite in position to pressure the dorfs or to prevent a pass, but we are close.

BloodBowl_018.jpg

The ball carrier hands the ball to this dorf with wings on his head, I can only assume he is a thrower...and he is as he prompty hucks the ball over the center line and downfield...

BloodBowl_019.jpg

Where it is INTERCEPTED by Skyway (oh man) the Black Ork...how is that even possible?!

BloodBowl_021.jpg

I've got to start pulling guys off of this deathroller (which I can't even damage) to protect Skyway until I can figure out what to do.

BloodBowl_022.jpg

Jaesade with another good block sends the remaining troll slayer to the pitch.

BloodBowl_024.jpg

Skyway is virtually alone with the ball, I am trying to both guard him and clear a path when Blackadder takes a hard hit! He's down with a severe pinched nerve! He's out for this game and the next! Oh boy.

BloodBowl_025.jpg

Jim Cajones manages to break and blitz into the dorf runner harassing Skyway. I've got to get this ball into someone faster than a Black Ork, we are running out of time!

BloodBowl_029.jpg

I manage to hand the ball off to Darth Roxor, who then prompty gets pushed out of the protective cage!

BloodBowl_030.jpg

Almost out of time...we gotta go for the pass to A-Train!

BloodBowl_031.jpg

The pass is good...TOO GOOD. It overshoots A-Train by a good 3 squares, oh well, at least its closer to the goal!

BloodBowl_032.jpg

Which is when the runner comes up and hits A-Train right in the bean box.

BloodBowl_033.jpg

Darth Roxor really pissed off that dorf with that pass and gets his bell rung for it.

BloodBowl_035.jpg

With the will of a champion A-Train gets, dodges the dorfs standing guard over him, successfully scoops the ball, and races for the TD line....

BloodBowl_036.jpg

...but with 3 squares remaining between him and the TD line...the half is over, still scoreless for both sides.

BloodBowl_037.jpg

Blackadder is out with a pinched nerve and Darth Roxor is over there counting sheep.

BloodBowl_038.jpg

The dorfs are down one troll slayer and thankfully, the deathroller is on his way out now too now.

BloodBowl_039.jpg

Get in there Vortexx, make me proud!

BloodBowl_040.jpg

The dorfs kick off to us...

BloodBowl_042.jpg

King Comrade sends the remaining troll slayer to the hospital...

BloodBowl_043.jpg

Meanwhile A-Train forgot to put the stick-um on his hands and is chasing the ball all over the place...

BloodBowl_044.jpg

King Comrade, bored with A-Train's ball fumbling (you can see him in the background there) decides there are still too many dorfs on the field and rings the dome of a nearby stunty, sending him out of the game.

BloodBowl_045.jpg

FINALLY.

BloodBowl_046.jpg

Skyway's incessant ranting about Obsidian ends with a surprise pop to the face and a quick nap...he didn't know that KOTOR 2 was one of the dorf's favorite games.

BloodBowl_047.jpg

Jim Cajones goes down too. That's the terrible thing about battling dorfs, they can turn things around pretty quick because they are tough and strong.

BloodBowl_048.jpg

A-Train leaves his defenders behind as he breaks for the sideline...

BloodBowl_049.jpg

...and prompty puts on the brakes as the dorfs close in and send KC to the dirt for a quick breather.

BloodBowl_050.jpg

Vortexx comes through on the blitz and floors the dorf who had blocked our way to the TD line!

BloodBowl_053.jpg

The Black Orks are back up and tossing the dorfs around like little toys. The way is clear!

BloodBowl_056.jpg

TOUCHDOWN!

BloodBowl_057.jpg

Ugh, more cheerleading from these dudes. The wood elf cheerleaders are hot, as are the human ones. I shudder to think of what the dorf ones look like though...

BloodBowl_058.jpg

The dorfs are in bad shape. Two injured troll slayers, a red carded deathroller, and one KO'd runner.

BloodBowl_059.jpg

Darth Roxor is on his feet and back in the game, so we are fielding 11 players to the dorfs 7 or 8, not that it matters, there is just one turn left in the game.

BloodBowl_064.jpg

VICTORY! A little bit dirty, but the job got done.

BloodBowl_065.jpg

The replay chart.

BloodBowl_066.jpg

The MVP is...Sovard?! Man, I think he bribed the judges. He had only one tackle...granted it was a good one, but Skyway had an interception!

BloodBowl_068.jpg

Two of our Black Orks level up, King Comrade and Skyway. King Comrade rolls double sixes for his level up and I chose +1 Strength for him, making him a true monster now with 5 base strength. Skyway rolls a 7 and picks up Mighty Blow - not as good but still good fun.

BloodBowl_069.jpg

So here is the roster as it stands. We can only field 11 players right now because Blackadder's pinched nerve. We are about to face the Humie team, and we will probably need a back up player at least. Yes Vortexx, this means you are now a starter ;-).

So the questions is, what do I do?

Go at it with 11 players, saving my money?

Buy another Linemen?

Buy a couple of goblins?

Buy a troll?

If we decide to buy someone, we need a name too, so let me know!

Marsal

Arcane
Reporting for duty! Apothecary and a lineman or a troll and a goblin (if you have the money). Let's see how Throw TeamMate works :)

Mantiis

Cipher
After reading the cancelled Aliens thread I suggest dropping skyway altogether. The guy is a cock.

Nice lets play.

Needs more tentacle.

Oh that's right you can't grow one.

teehee.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
kingcomrade said:
God I regret buying this game, just like I always do when I buy games.

I must admit, I've been raging pretty much solidly since I started playing it. I think it's mostly down to my total lack of knowledge about American Football, and a critical lack of luck with anything dice based. So far I've a personal record of

P L W GD
8 8 0 -9

I don't think I've yet managed to get the ball into the other team's half. I've had a team of orks totally KO'd by Skaven (including my Troll), I've had the opposing team score on their first turn after I received the kick (or maybe it was the 2nd, anyway it was humiliating) and so far I've only ever managed a single successful pass (I've seen the AI do it from pretty much the length of the field).

I don't regret it though. I'll learn.
Slowly.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
You can't field a team called Codex without a troll. You already used the best troll names skyway and kingcomrade, so Andhaira or Volourn.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Spell my name right you hobo of a developer. :evil:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom