Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KotOR2 1.0c unofficial patch. Anyone tried it yet?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I have the opposite problem: it can be hard here to find the English version of games as all are translated in French. With the dvd we get mutliple versions at once more often, but you can't be 100% sure.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
We have this problem too, and Russian translations are awful. In fact, this is the main reason I bought a PS3: console games are almost always left in English in these parts.

scient

Augur
I think everyone can agree that the Crystal Skull is by far the shittiest Indiana Jones. It was rip off of a StarGate episode that wasn't even good to begin with.

Also,

catbavb3.jpg

Qwinn

Scholar
:lol: Great pic. Gonna steal that, scient.

I didn't watch Crystal Skull. The searing badness of that one was evident even in the promotions.

Qwinn

Chefe

Erudite
Well, it looks like I'll actually be able to use that previously worthless copy of KOTOR Deux I have lying around. Let's hope it's as good as all you mooks make it out to be.

Thanks for posting this. Not being Russian, I would have never discovered it. This is probably why they never created a Russian version - so the Ruskies could, several years later, release a comprehensive patch that would cover most players worldwide. The Genius of Lucas Arts.

scient

Augur
Qwinn said:
I didn't watch Crystal Skull. The searing badness of that one was evident even in the promotions.

I kinda half watched a downloaded version while working on some other stuff. I would be been seriously pissed if I paid money to see it in theaters. Bleh.

I'll have to track down South Park episode.

Admiral jimbob said:

:lol:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Chefe said:
Well, it looks like I'll actually be able to use that previously worthless copy of KOTOR Deux I have lying around. Let's hope it's as good as all you mooks make it out to be.
OMG!

Su sutileza me recuerda a un Rancor, una vez me conocía!

La apatía es la muerte!

Sí, en general!

Spanish KotOR...sounds like Zorro meets Wild Bunch in space.

Chefe

Erudite
Wyrmlord said:
Chefe said:
OMG!

Su sutileza me recuerda a un Rancor, una vez me conocía!

La apatía es la muerte!

Sí, en general!

Spanish KotOR...sounds like Zorro meets Wild Bunch in space.

I actually have the English version of Caballeros de la Antigua República 2 - Los Señores Sith, but it sounds like I should have the Spanish one.

La apatía es la muerte!
:lol:

qliveur

Educated
This is Cryptobionika's latest patch. It probably does work OK. Not that anyone here would care about this, but she was banned from LucasForums for stealing other people's work and incorporating it into her patch. The stolen files are probably still in there, but she seems to have added a hell of a more stuff to this version. Possibly her own work this time? Who knows, but like I said, it probably does work OK.

@Qwinn: Return of the Jedi minus spear-chucking teddy bears who manage to rout stormtroopers equals a decent film. Not nearly as good as The Empire Strikes Back, but decent. It's the only Star Wars film where Jabba looks convincingly real. I do agree with you that the Star Wars universe is a real shitstorm. I mean, the best thing to come out of it since the 80s is a broken cRPG. :lol: Too bad Avellone's story will most likely be retconned away in a few years. :(

racofer

Thread Incliner
qliveur said:
This is Cryptobionika's latest patch. It probably does work OK. Not that anyone here would care about this, but she was banned from LucasForums for stealing other people's work and incorporating it into her patch. The stolen files are probably still in there, but she seems to have added a hell of a more stuff to this version. Possibly her own work this time? Who knows, but like I said, it probably does work OK.

There. There is proof enough that this thing must be good then.

Cryptobionika

Novice
@ qliveur

You ever tried to waste TWO YEARS of your life creating a patch for a game? I doubt it. I've done more than a Hell's work on this game. And yes, I took other people's modifications. What do you suggest, me to waste third year remaking everything from scratch? I have done more job fixing the game than erntire LucasForums put together. You should be grateful, you know. I have entirely fixed this piece of shit to be a great and finished game. Not evenm Team Gizka will do all of what I did. In fact, they dont fix textures and restore effects at all, so you'll be throwing up looking at original 128x128 srtretched on the entire field (Dxun).

This is the official threat of my patches:

http://www.bioware.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=2187

Some things I have taken from others, most made by myself. If you think my entire life is about those RPGs, you're wrong. I have my own life too, and you should be grateful that there is a patch AT ALL.

And here is a quick example of the texture/effect fixes. Something that nobody else has bothered to do, or ever will. I have fixed every planet, every texture, every effect possible. You will N.E.V.E.R. get this anywhere else.
Second game now looks actually better than the first.

Just one example:

1oldgp6.jpg

1newqa1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the lisgt of most (not all) fixes:

--------------------------------------------

NEW CONTENT AND FEATURES

--------------------------------------------

* Added a battered look to the wall textures on Dxun to properly fit the game storyline and timeline

* Added missing voice lines for T3-M4

* Added missing beast control scene in the Tomb of Freedon Nadd

* Added missing content to the scene in which Kreia arrives to the Trayus Academy

* Added missing content to the Jedi Master rendezvous scene on Dantooine (light side)

* Added missing dialogue lines to the conversation between Kreia and Atris that takes place in Telos Academy

* Added missing dialogue lines to the Jedi hologram conversation

* Added missing dialogue scene in which the player threatens to dismantle Goto's Yacht

* Added missing shader effects on various ships in the game, including Harbinger, Sith Lander and Basilisk War Droid

* Added shader effects to HK series droids, Goto's droids, Czerka's protocol droid, T3-M4 droid, Remote droid, mandalorians and Vogga the Hutt

* Added shader effects to party members' default clothing

* Added shader effects to various wall and floor textures on Nar Shaddaa and Ravager

* Changed the appearance of HK-47 droid to properly match the game storyline

* Changed the appearance of Sith Lords, Dark Jedi and Sith Marauders in the Trayus Academy from commoner clothing to a proper Sith dressing

* Placed Lassavou's Power Cell on his remains, so player has the opportunity to repair the Air Speeder even if they kill Lassavou (dark side)

* Reduced shader effects on certain alien characters

* Removed G0-T0 from the Malachor V scene in which Remote activates the final engine core. This was made due to the change of content in the final version of the game.

* Replaced the background textures on Nar Shaddaa to properly fit the intro cinematic

* Replaced the banners in Mandalorian Ruins from rakatan to the proper mandalorian ones

* Replaced textures on Peragus, Dantooine, Korriban, Dxun, Telos, Malachor and Onderon on a high resolution and more detailed ones

* Replaced textures of the Ebon Hawk on a high resolution and more detailed ones; added shader effects where they were missing

* Replaced a texture of Nar Shaddaa visible from Goto's Yacht on a proper one

--------------------------

RESOLVED ISSUES

--------------------------

* 3C-FD's Photoreceptor Appearance Fix

* Atton's Dialogue Light/Dark Side Points Fix

* Bao Dur's Arm Shader Fix

* Borna Lys' Dialogue Synchronization Fix

* Class-Based Default Clothing Fix

* Cyan Lightsaber Crystal Fix

* Dancer's Outfit Appearance Fix

* Dxun Equation Puzzle Fix

* Escaped Criminals Quest Fix

* Force Crush Power Sound Fix

* Fuel For Telos Quest Fix

* Handmaiden Training Cutscene Fix

* Hidden Compartment Fix

* Hussef's Head Appearance Fix

* Inaccessible Tienn Tubb's Shop Fix

* Influence Increase/Decrease Script Fix

* Intergalactic Reunification Quest: Dark Side Points Gain On Guard Removal Stage Fix

* Jedi Hologram Effect Fix

* Jedi Master Rendezvous Fix

* Korriban Secret Tomb Entrance: Party Member Comment Fix

* Korriban Secret Tomb: Infinite Experience Gain Fix

* Korriban Vision: Kreia's Cutscene Fix

* Korriban Vision: Kreia's Lightsaber Fix

* Korriban Vision: Revan's Force Powers Animation Fix

* Korriban Vision: Revan's Lightsaber Fix

* Lightsaber Parts Icons Fix

* Mining Laser Appearance Fix

* Mira's Spacesuit Appearance Fix

* Movement Rate Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Docks: Lootra's Dialogue Influence Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Docks: Stuck Doors Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Landing Pad: Arrival Scene Cut-Out Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Landing Pad: Bullied Refugee's Appearance Fix

* Nar Shaddaa Refugee Landing Pad: Stuck Doors Fix

* Nihilus - Tobin Missing Cutscene Fix

* Nihilus - Visas Low Resolution Cutscene Fix

* Party Experience Gain Fix

* Peragus Encounter: Atton's Meeting Force Cage Field Fix

* Peragus Encounter: HK-50's Meeting Script Sequence Fix

* Peragus Encounter: HK-50's Repeating Greeting Fix

* Peragus Administration Level: Comm Camera Capture Fix

* Peragus Dormitories: Dock Officer's Hologram Wrong Injured Stance Usage Fix

* Peragus Dormitories: Droids Getting Stuck On Coorta's Death Camera Footage Fix

* Peragus Fuel Depot: T3-M4 Not Presenting On Fuel Line Camera Footage Fix

* Peragus Mining Tunnels: Sensor Ball Appearance Fix

* Prologue Training: Sensor Ball Appearance Fix

* Ratrin Vhek's Clothing Appearance Fix

* Redemption Quest Completion Fix

* Robes Shadow Animation Fix

* Rubat Lightsaber Crystal Fix

* Serroco Thugs Appearance Fix

* Sion's Harbinger Dialogue: Broken Warning Line Fix

* Skippable Mebla's Dialogue Fix

* Spacesuit Movement Rate Fix

* Starport Visa Trade Fix

* Swoop Bike Racing Fix

* T3-M4's Dialogue Influence Fix

* T3-M4's Portrait Appearance Fix

* Telos Academy: Imprisonment Cutscene Fix

* Twi'lek Dancers Appearance Fix

* Vaklu - Tobin Dialogue: Voiceover/Text Mismatch Fix

* Various Playable Character's Gender Check Fixes

* Visas' Dialogue: Force Sight Power Gain Fix

* Vogga the Hutt Quest Completion Fix

* Weapon Finesse Icons Fix

* Workbench Skill Check Fix

----------------------

KNOWN ISSUES

----------------------

* Buying all of the items from any merchant on Nar Shaddaa may cause the game to freeze on some systems.

---

PATCH HAS BEEN COMPLETELY TESTED OPN BUIGS, AND NO BUGS WERE FOUND IN THE LATEST RELEASE. You can download it safely.

Also there is patch for first KOTOR there. Its a good one too, if you're interested.

---------------
---------------
---------------

You are welcome to join up russian bioware community, if you wanna leave comment on the patch (most posters are russian, but nobody minds english, forum has english interface), but sp[are me your shit please. I have wasted two years on those patches, and because of thaty you can enjoy a full, real, fixed, restored and beautiful version of the game. So I'd rather say thanks.

And answering the question of the thread - hundreds (official forum) of people tried this patch. It woprks great and even if you'll encounter bugs, they will not be patch-related.

Well, anyway, I am very glad people are showing interest in my work. I've really invesrted a hell of an effort into it. I do advise you to download it. I haven't changed anything in the game, only fixed and restored (patly by myself partly by using other people's mods (usually having to correct tons of bugs in them)).

---

Links to the partches are in official thread in our forum. They are not hidden or anything. Just this message is already lenthy enough to post links here too.

--------------------

A FEW WORDS ABOUT LUCASFORUMS:

These assholes make modifications for..? Recognition? Fame? I don't know what. But when I suggested to gather up and make a patch, they frowned. So someone had to, right? I WANT thousands (millions?) of people who paid for this game to have a full, great, finished version of it. And if it requires breaking the pride of LucasForums wussies, so be it. I did it for PEOPLE.

Cryptobionika

Novice
Zuikov said:
I'd be glad also if someone would look into this patch. I started a thread about this before and it seemed to be only a some kind of compilation of fixes made by different people (you can find some of these fixes at the Kotor IGN vault).

I'm wondering why the original modders who made these fixes and textures didn't make a compilation by themselves...instead some russian beat them to it.

This "some russian" is the one who has fixed your game, you know. I made at least 70% of work. So "some russian" deserves some respect, no? For fixing this damned game. Seeing this kind of attitude I'm starting to wonder why the hell did I even do all this.

Lim-Lim

Liturgist
I'm grateful, as I've been using that patch for a while now. I see no problem incorporating all those mods into one, as it's only convenient.

Cryptobionika

Novice
Well, its nothing really... Orther things look ten times better. I just don't have the game installed currently to make screens. And the one I've made already got deleted (imageshack.us). I'll browse the topic, if some are still there, I'll post more.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't care if you used others' work. You did a good job and there aren't any available mods like yours that improve everything in one bundle.

Thank you.

Cryptobionika

Novice
This one is nice, for example. But I did that up to my tastes, not sure you will like. I wanrted to add some volumetric effects to the trees, but the bump mapping in this game was disabled on the engine level (unlike kotor 1), so I had to just use the photoshop. But I think it looks more volumetric and less cartoonish this way. At least in game it looks a lot better:

originala.jpg

mine.jpg

-----

Here I have restored the original sensor balls instead of Bao Dur's remotes (bug):

25133356.jpg

-----

This is fixed grass and mountains (my fav):

03auf4.jpg

03bnt1.jpg

---

And by the way, for those who doubt I did that job, my whole forum topic is a 40-page blog where I describe most of what I do. You'd have to learn russian though :)

Anyway, these screens are just few examples. The entire game is fixed. More screens here:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8155/01abr4.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5241/01bir8.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9317/02aep1.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1628/02buv0.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/480/03auf4.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8417/03bnt1.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9510/04ari3.jpg
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9013/04bjm3.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5286/05amd7.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7642/05bta0.jpg
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6103/06afp1.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1218/06bic5.jpg
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9530/07aoo9.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3350/07bot7.jpg
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3361/08apw5.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1107/08bsf4.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9323/09ato9.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4350/09btu1.jpg

Some can be deleted by now though. I also did bug fixing/texture fixing for first Kotor. You can download patch in our forum too.

P.S. Sorry for a lenthy post. :P

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Whoa! At least you deliver, unlike some people. Thanks!

PS: be careful about girls on the net who say you make them feel hot: all they want is to steal your work.

Cryptobionika

Novice
Gragt said:
Whoa! At least you deliver, unlike some people. Thanks!

That's what I think too... Random fixes being released is all good and nice, but when the entire game is "beta", they hardly save the day. That's why the patch was required.

I’ve also been working hard to improve the game’s compatibility, but totally failed. And not due to the lack of skill. For example, if I disable vertex buffer objects in game, ATI cards stop lagging. But NVIDIA start crashing. If I enable it – on the contrary. So… No real winning option on this one. Same with Vista compatibility. I planned it to make compatible with Vista, but mss32.dll introduces audio bugs (if you apply older than the one game was shipped with). Applying newer version is impossible too, since game itself is incompatible with it. So either Vista-compatible but with audio issues, or leave as is – not compatible, but without issues.
Also wanted to restore the original KOTOR 1 bump mapping on the Hutt and other objects. But turned out developers have completely disabled bump mapping on the engine level. What for? Nobody knows. Maybe on a certain stage of development, then never enabled it again. So the game is very wounded. I did fix in-game bugs, but compatibility I can do nothing about. Fix one bug, appears another.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom