Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire update! ITZ Comin'.

nomask7

Arcane
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
I added a lens flare
Films or games, a lens flare I hate them. WHy What's the point? You don't get a lens flare effect in your eyes when you look at scenery (at least I've never noticed it).

nomask7

Arcane
Don't you ever wish to die, Crispy, doesn't your horrible mediocrity make you want to die? If I could write something like what you wrote above, I would certainly kill myself.

kris

Arcane
nomask7 said:
Don't you ever wish to die, Crispy, doesn't your horrible mediocrity make you want to die? If I could write something like what you wrote above, I would certainly kill myself.

nomask7 said:
Only happens if you're Jewish. So... well, there it is.

Lets do it.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
Stop talking to him, maybe he'll go work on the game then. I actually want to play the thing...

MisterStone

Arcane
Just one CC screenshot Cleve. I am not saying I don't believe you did this. But just one screenshot. Once you do that, there's no going back. You give yourself a deadline basically. Just one screenshot.

Cleve + opensource game assets = game coding madman. Literally.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Giving a deadline, if done correctly, can indeed be a great way to improve productivity. Or maybe a set of deadlines for different aspects of the project.

Tintin

Arbiter
You'd think a man with such an astronomical IQ would have something better to do than troll a medium-traffic RPG forum.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Tintin said:
You'd think a man with such an astronomical IQ would have something better to do than troll a medium-traffic RPG forum.
RPG Codex is a prestigious magazine, fuck you! It's been written on teh internetz.

nomask7

Arcane
Gragt said:
Will the zombies have a Star of David on their forehead or something?
Actually, I recently used a couple of hours imagining a Doom-Hexen type of game with various sorts of Jews as monsters: a bulky cape Jew with a joo hat, pretty much all black except white face and brown beard (and big nose) ... he attacks his target with his bare hands or with a ceremonial dagger (rarer), there are literally swarms of these Jews, and surviving their swarming attacks requires good reflexes, exceptional situational awareness, etc., etc.; then there is a flying harpy type of Jew with claws and an extra big nose, which he or she uses to attack his or her victim and drink the victim's blood; a lanky Middle-Eastern sniper Jew; a male witch Jew, who uses a book of Kabbalah to attack the hero with magic spells; a female seducer Jewess, who looks very sexy (unrealistic, but this is a game), to such a degree in fact that it will be difficult for the player to stop looking at her, until it's very late and she has her teeth in the player's throat via the player's mouth - a special animation for that, and you can try to tap buttons in panic to free yourself); unique boss Jews, such as Baruch Goldstein, who has a machine gun and lots of hit points; a shark Jew - avoid swimming pools and rivers, although you can't avoid the underwater lake level without dying before you get there; shadowy and less shadowy agent Jews of various agencies, from ADL to Mossad; stronger and slightly different looking and differently sized varieties of some of the above.

ADL has a base of operations that extends some hundreds of meters underground, real old-school dungeon crawling. It's been made almost impossibly difficult, unless you realize there's a way to gas all of the agents in their tunnels in a coordinated, one-treatment per facility manner. But then you can't get in without dying anymore (and you don't have to). If you do manage to get to the bottom of the inverted pyramid maze, you'll find a demon summon scroll, which you can use until you lose control of the scroll or the demon.

You get points for killing enemies, and mostly no one expects you to survive for long. It's a sort of arcade game in that respect, but it does have a progression through levels with very different designs and atmosphere.

Every level has a hidden portal to hell (actually, just the same level with a different color scheme, music, lighting, and tougher monsters).

The final level of the game is Heaven, and you can get there by becoming a saint crusader (having scored enough points) and, having been admitted as one, you'll ascend to Heaven (literally, through the air). You can find the final hell level by finding Jacob's Ladder and using it to descend to Hell (it's the only unique hell level, and the most difficult level in the whole game).

You don't have many weapons, but they've all been very well balanced and designed. There's a small hand axe, a two-handed sword, a semi-automatic pistol, fire bombs and the scroll I mentioned.

Anyway, it's basically just a good-looking first-person action arcade game where you can violently kill masses of Jews, the controls and gameplay are uniquely interesting and addictive (something like Gothic combined with Doom) and the game is extremely challenging and becomes more so toward the end.

MisterStone

Arcane
Good thing nazis are too fucking stupid to code video games, or that game might actually happen.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Another false alarm. Please retardo before more innocent codexers will be catched in Cleave's trap.
He is propably laughing now.

nomask7

Arcane
MisterStone said:
Good thing nazis are too fucking stupid to code video games, or that game might actually happen.
Actually, I'm thinking of looking into some open source stuff, and if I find what I feel is close enough to what I imagine I should be looking for, maybe I'll make the game. I'd really, really love to have a game like that.

crufty

Arcane
Cleve, forget about the zombies. That's two weeks you could have been writing GRIMOIRE, or at least doctoring new screenshots.

edit: One must remember 5 of our years is 500 cleve years, so 80 hrs of cleve fte = 4 years of normal human fte.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
∞-k=Grimiore

bitchplease.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Dire Roach said:
Those zombies better be Romero-style slow movers.

The assets I bought for the zombies only have two slow shuffle animations for walking and they'd look ridiculous if they walked too fast anyway. I tried it and it stopped being scary and started being funny. So I concentrated on longer and more numerous attack waves to keep battering the house until the sun comes up again.

My biggest problem at present is when they come through the "windows" they have to crouch slightly and this involves more information on that space once they have broken the boards away or it looks fake.

I have the concept of the "safe room" except in my game mechanics you will be penalized by the zombies stealing all your fuel and supplies once they reach the center of your house, effectively setting you back to zero the next morning. Still working this out but it seems to be pretty good. I already proved you can survive the night even when they reach the upper floor by leaping on the bed and fighting them off one at a time so I have to impose a game penalty no matter what happens.

Been thinking of some supreme penalty no matter what, like a thermobaric fuel bomb dropped by the military if you cannot get out in X number of days.

Nearly 95% of my code is open source or already present, I'm just gluing together the logic. If I wrote this myself from scratch it would take me about as long as I've been working on Grimoire to get it to this stage.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Screenshots or it isn't happening.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom