Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial Bloodlines Patch 4.2 released!

Wesp5

Arcane
Hello everybody, because a cool guy on the Gamebanshee forums helped me find unused new dialogue I managed to include lots of new lines with patch 4.2 which I won't deny to you anymore! Also I'm curious to know what you think about them and whether I messed something up doing so many changes ;). As usual you can get the patch first via Filefront (http://files.filefront.com/vtmbup42rar/ ... einfo.html) and later from the Patches Scrolls and elsewhere. This is the changelog (edited a bit since the first release):

v4.2 19.09.2007
----
Made Tawni quest show failure at once and added Tourette condition.
Reconstructed Bertram's pc and incooperated text of unused emails.
Added inaccessible Blood Heal and Blood Buff infos to loading tips.
Restored over twenty unused lines for several NPCs, thanks to mzz.
Translated russian words and fixed Boris' and Chunk's fight scenes.
Updated BSPEdit tool and fixed laser beams, thanks to RobinHood70.
Made Milligan leave after Intimidation and Pisha react accordingly.

Fixed clipping and blocking Venture Tower debris, thanks to MooCHa.
Removed last respawning at Giovanni mansion and alert state error.
Corrected clerk adressing women "Sir" and some badly placed decals.
Repaired possible syntax issues for many dialogues, thanks to mzz.
Corrected Mitnick's position, some subtitles and more text details.
Made SM blueblood stay dead and cop cars on pier vanish correctly.
Fixed some dialogue problems of Knox, Skelter, LaCroix and Heather.

P.S.: It seems a small glitch in 4.2 may stop the pedestrians in Santa Monica from moving. I will try to have the patch updated, but for anyone already experiencing this just remove the two files sm_hub_1* in the maps/graphs folder and ignore the later AI-node message on loading the map..

Rhett Butler

Scholar
I won't be downloading this version as I have not finished my game with the last one, and given the rate you release these things at the next one will be out by the time I do!

I will say thanks for all the hard work anyway, seeing as no one else has.

Wesp5

Arcane
Rhett Butler said:
I won't be downloading this version as I have not finished my game with the last one, and given the rate you release these things at the next one will be out by the time I do!

Well thought! 4.3 will be out shortly and bring a new last(?) bunch of restored content!

I will say thanks for all the hard work anyway, seeing as no one else has.

Thanks! The others are probably already used to a new patch release each month ;)!

Hey Wesp! I didn't see this thread before. I recently finished the game with the 4.1 patch and I am really impressed with how much work went into these patches. I remember seeing only a few minor issues.

The inventory model of the new pearl is not working the way it is supposed to - when selected it doesn't rotate the way other items do. If you rotate it manually, you can see that it is actually incomplete - it doesn't have the far side.

The other thing is Vandal forgetting who you are. It happens if you first meet him when freeing Lilly, then intimidate or bribe him into selling you blood (don't know if this also happens if you do his quest or use some other way to persuade him). The next time you talk to him after that he goes into his introduction speech as if this is the first time you are talking with him.

And finally - why not put the gum in the store (?) on the pier next to the place where it is now? Somehow I thing it would look better there (maybe on a table or something). The current location just doesn't seem right to me.

Wesp5

Arcane
Zero Credibility said:
The inventory model of the new pearl is not working the way it is supposed to - when selected it doesn't rotate the way other items do. If you rotate it manually, you can see that it is actually incomplete - it doesn't have the far side.

I know, but I can't change this.

The other thing is Vandal forgetting who you are. It happens if you first meet him when freeing Lilly, then intimidate or bribe him into selling you blood (don't know if this also happens if you do his quest or use some other way to persuade him).

I'll look into that and will try to fix it.

And finally - why not put the gum in the store (?) on the pier next to the place where it is now? Somehow I thing it would look better there (maybe on a table or something). The current location just doesn't seem right to me.

My intention was to make a high inspection feat worthwhile for once in the game ;).

Wesp5 said:
My intention was to make a high inspection feat worthwhile for once in the game ;).
That is a good reason. But even with inspection the gum would still be very hard to spot from the pier. I didn't even know about that place until I searched the entire pier. It just looks like the gum is there for one reason only - to hide it. It would look (imo) more logical to place it somewhere in that Playtime place next door. How about hiding it behind one of those games in there?

Wesp5

Arcane
Zero Credibility said:
That is a good reason. But even with inspection the gum would still be very hard to spot from the pier. I didn't even know about that place until I searched the entire pier. It just looks like the gum is there for one reason only - to hide it. It would look (imo) more logical to place it somewhere in that Playtime place next door. How about hiding it behind one of those games in there?

Hmmm, I'll think about it. I figured someone dropped it in the dark alley while having a piss :)! BTW, regarding Vandal's dialogue. Did you manage to never talk to him until you freed Lily? Because in my opinion that is the only way this could have happened, but I fixed that possibility nevertheless :)!

Wesp5 said:
BTW, regarding Vandal's dialogue. Did you manage to never talk to him until you freed Lily? Because in my opinion that is the only way this could have happened, but I fixed that possibility nevertheless :)!
Yes, that is what happened. I was doing all the hospital related quests at once (to avoid loading screens as much as possible) and I didn't bother talking to him before that. It was a really minor issue. Great work!

Starwars

Arcane
Any idea when the new version will be released? I'm kinda feeling like replaying this game, but will probably hold off until the new one is released.

Thanks!

Wesp5

Arcane
Starwars said:
Any idea when the new version will be released? I'm kinda feeling like replaying this game, but will probably hold off until the new one is released.

The new version 4.3 is imminent and will be released when the installer for it is ready. Mind you, there will be a normal archive and an installer as an alternative option only.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Hey Wesp, did you see my post on PV?

Is 4.3 going to be compatible with 4.1 saves?

Also I noticed a bug yesterday (on my v4.1 save). I'm Malkavian and managed to kill the 'Asian vampire' with taking one hit. What I did was enter the door to Foxy Boxes store room while Obfuscated (lvl 2) and sneaking. The cut-scene appeared (where he walks out) when I sneaked around the boxes but he didn't see me. I managed to get onto the ledge and take shots at him, uncloaking for a second.

I was able to keep shooting at him and he would look around, occasionally ask "who's there' and never see me despite being in front of him and uncloaked.

After my Obfuscate timer ended I went down and hit him ten times with a baseball bat, he still wouldnt react. He'd always be turning away from me as if he wanted to avoid seeing me and it was impossible to get his attention. He'd run away occasionally, basically acting like a buggy civilian. The enemy health bar never showed up.

I'm guessing some flag which says combat has started never got triggered.

Wesp5

Arcane
dagorkan said:
Hey Wesp, did you see my post on PV?

Is 4.3 going to be compatible with 4.1 saves?

No, and probably no ;). I never tried it but people claim strange things may happen when upgrading and then continuing an old saved game. I would try it between hubs only.

I'm guessing some flag which says combat has started never got triggered.

Strange, but I wouldn't know how to fix this. After the cutscene he should be in fight modus...

P.S.: I tried to reproduce your problem but I couldn't. Even Obfuscated the asian vampire noticed me after some time and attacked. So this may have been another random glitch...

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I'm thinking about replaying the game with your mod, how soon do you expect to release the latest version? Are saves compatible between 4.2 and 4.3 or should I wait?

Also, a more general question, any tips on what clan to play for an interesting experience? Tried Brujah, Gangrel and Malkavian in vanilla game.

Wesp5

Arcane
Azael said:
I'm thinking about replaying the game with your mod, how soon do you expect to release the latest version? Are saves compatible between 4.2 and 4.3 or should I wait?

Save game compability isn't good, so I'd rather wait. 4.3 should be out in the next few weeks, I'm still waiting for the installer version :)!

Also, a more general question, any tips on what clan to play for an interesting experience? Tried Brujah, Gangrel and Malkavian in vanilla game.

Nosferatu should be really different or Tremere with their blood magic. Both can get seperate havens as well.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Azael said:

Toreador is well balanced, good if you like a bit of diplomacy/hacking/sneaking as well as combat (celerity and guns are a nice mix), Tremere is fun but the bloodstrike ability is ridiculously overpowered against bosses, Nosferatu is radically different, but constantly hiding and travelling through sewers strikes me more as a pain in the arse.

Wesp5

Arcane
Western said:
Azael said:
Tremere is fun but the bloodstrike ability is ridiculously overpowered against bosses

I heard this before and raised the resistance of the Changs because of that. Any other bosses where tweaking this would improve the game?

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Wesp5 said:
Western said:
Azael said:
Tremere is fun but the bloodstrike ability is ridiculously overpowered against bosses

I heard this before and raised the resistance of the Changs because of that. Any other bosses where tweaking this would improve the game?

It's been a while since I played the game (so I'm not sure what changes you've made), but I remember the blood that came out the slashed Caine paintings at the gallery fell fairly easily to bloodstrike (though I suppose there's something amusingly appropriate about that), and funnily enough I remember taking Ming Xiao down very easily compared to when I played as a Toreador.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Did as you suggested and played through the game as a Tremere, didn't really think that Bloodstrike was all that über, although it certainly kicks ass as a first tier discipline. My Eldricht Tremere made good use of it though. Blood Boil is just pure awesome sauce however. Nothing quite like casting Blood Boil on someone in the center of the group and watch the explosion take them all out. With Dominate and Thaumaturgy maxed out, no combat was really difficult I suppose. Not sure if I did anything wrong, but I never seemed to get any Dominate options in dialogue. Kind of a bummer after the Dementation lines you get as a Malkavian.

Texas Red

Whiner
Azael said:
Did as you suggested and played through the game as a Tremere, didn't really think that Bloodstrike was all that über, although it certainly kicks ass as a first tier discipline. My Eldricht Tremere made good use of it though. Blood Boil is just pure awesome sauce however. Nothing quite like casting Blood Boil on someone in the center of the group and watch the explosion take them all out. With Dominate and Thaumaturgy maxed out, no combat was really difficult I suppose. Not sure if I did anything wrong, but I never seemed to get any Dominate options in dialogue. Kind of a bummer after the Dementation lines you get as a Malkavian.

Only Ventrue(and perhaps Toreador, cant recall) get dominate in dialogs, nooblove.

BTW, Wesp, before the game was out there were trailers that showed your hand making gestures when you did your blood powers. It was infinitely more cooler. Can it be restored?

WalterKinde

Scholar
I have never used any of the fan extension patches for VTMB mainly becuase i don't really like having to run a new game (I really really REALLY hate that haunted house mission in Santa Monica) maybe someday i'll work up the patience to play the house again and see what improvements have been mad using this patch and the other one from Tessera or whatever the username is.
Its good to know the game is still being improved upon after all this time.

Wesp5

Arcane
The Walkin' Dude said:
BTW, Wesp, before the game was out there were trailers that showed your hand making gestures when you did your blood powers. It was infinitely more cooler. Can it be restored?

I know about this but I don't think it is restorable because the whole weapon/discipline use is hard coded. E.g. I found the unused grenade and could make your character select it with it even showing in his hands but the throw routine was missing so you couldn't "fire" it. I guess it's the same with the manual discipline activation, sorry.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
WalterKinde said:
(I really really REALLY hate that haunted house mission in Santa Monica)

Why? It's the best part of this, in my opinion, mediocre game.

Starwars

Arcane
Haunted house was one of those areas that tended to be great on your first playthrough, but it's boring as hell to go through it when replaying the game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I suppose, I only played the game once and have no inclination to replay it. Ever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom