Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

How much humor is in AoD?

kenney bounces

Liturgist
So far the screenshots seem to have everything from fallout that i love, save one thing: the humor.

So i'm just wondering, is it there? =)

Lumpy

Arcane
kenney bounces said:
So far the screenshots seem to have everything from fallout that i love, save one thing: the humor.

VD promised that AoD will contain numerous references to Seinfeld, Family Guy and Epic Movie.

Müg

Scholar
Lumpy said:
kenney bounces said:

VD promised that AoD will contain numerous references to Seinfeld, Family Guy and Epic Movie.
People watched that?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
kenney bounces said:
So far the screenshots seem to have everything from fallout that i love...
Thanks.

...save one thing: the humor.
Give me a few examples of Fallout humor and I'll tell you if it's in or not.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
kenney bounces said:

We are sorry, Bethesda took it all for their next game, and left nothing for us.

Jora

Arcane
There's some funny wittiness in many dialogues. Some of the quest solutions and scenarios are hilarious. I didn't see any outright marvelous comedy gold like "Nice hat Calamity Jane" or "You stupid git" in the quests I got a chance to read, but I'd say there's a strong, ironic undercurrent. I got the feeling VD really took the setting seriously and made it believable while still retaining his humorous "edge".

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i heard u find an egyptian tomb with hieroglyphics on the wall that read LET US IN MOTHERFUCKERS

y/n

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
i herd it has teh portable mini dizeezed cow catapult wit toga changing shelterz to keep safes from teh dizeez

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jora said:
I got the feeling VD really took the setting seriously and made it believable while still retaining his humorous "edge".
What the hell are you talking? Humor means slapstick and swearing, you moron. There is not nearly enough swearing in the dialogues to call them humorous and I've yet to see any slapstick. This game is gonna be drier than a hot day in the Sahara.

kenney bounces

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
kenney bounces said:
So far the screenshots seem to have everything from fallout that i love...
Thanks.

...save one thing: the humor.
Give me a few examples of Fallout humor and I'll tell you if it's in or not.

Like the one example from van buren:
*slightly modified because i don't really remember exactly..*

You meet a cop. You..

1) Greet him.
2) Ask about the killer.
3) Put on your sunglasses, make a pose, call him betty and ask him out for dinner.

Hory

Erudite
How about: 3) Put on your furry suit, make a pose, call him betty and ask him out for dinner?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fourth-wall breaking, bad jokes and too much self-referential humour killed Fallout 2 for me. Sarcasm, yes, but nothing lame or "immersion-breaking" like this.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So, VD, there won't be pop-culture references, humorous humor, dopefishes, lame humor, stupid humor etc.
Just how are you going to sell it to anybody?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom